Mirror image 30

Understanding pedigrees, inbreeding, dosage, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, Lucy

touching
Yearling

Mirror image 30

Postby touching » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:03 am

Before I start my second lesson simply called SYMMETRY actually it is the first part of my second LESSON called SYMMETRY let me write that a racing greyhound pedigree analyst from the British Isle once told me that “quite where a sire-line starts is purely subjective “I sent an email to a renowned thoroughbred pedigree analyst from North America asking him the question of what sire line he thought Duke of Marmalade belonged to and this was his reply.
“I tend to look at the point that an individual stallion has made sufficient impact to have adopted a unique identity.
I guess I might say Duke of Marmalade is from the Danehill / Danzig branch of Northern Dancer. “
So countless stallions down through the ages have been associated with the words sire line and as we all weigh up different criteria in our minds before deciding that a stallion has made sufficient impact to have adopted a unique identity it is true to say that quite where a sire line starts is purely subjective.
I think people will think to themselves that they also could have been drawn to Hi There because he was the parental grandsire of three of the leading sires of the 1970s and they could possibly have also been drawn to Champion Prince because he was the maternal great grandsire of the same three animals.
By clicking this link https://similarevolution1.godaddysites.com/ and then clicking the number 29 on the navigation bar and then scrolling down past my first lesson you will arrive at Lesson 2.