Mirror Image 33

Understanding pedigrees, inbreeding, dosage, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, Lucy

touching
Yearling

Mirror Image 33

Postby touching » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:20 pm

I think I shall change tactics a bit so I am going to bring you back to the early 1970s in the British Isle and present you with the same data that I encountered then to see if you would gradually form the same opinions as me and remember at the end of the day if you can understand the logic that I used then you do not actually need to be familiar with the names of any racehorse or racing greyhound past or present to understand my concepts a bit of repetitive reading should be sufficient.
Remember in 1970 I was only 16 years old that year I started in earnest to study the pedigrees of racehorses and racing greyhounds in hope of finding the elusive SILVER BULLET and my persistence grew as the years rolled by.
This avid studying of their pedigrees was not driven by choice but was actually driven by circumstance now if I had come along a few years earlier or a few years later with this persistence it would probably not have been possible to discover what I claim to have discovered.
Remember in the 1970s I did not have access to a computer with the marvellous pedigree websites hosted on them so I looked out for any information that I could find usually in the shape of pedigrees that travelled back 1, 2.3 and 4 generations.
Now I have compiled my own Leading Sires Tables for the whole of Ireland since 1978 but as I have not got the relevant data before 1978 I have had to use any information that came my way subsequently to enable me to compile a Table for the British Isle as a whole.
I wrote everything down to help my memory but let’s write that I was able to compile a Leading Sires Table for the British Isle as a whole for the year 1970 and I was able to access 4 generation pedigrees of 68 individual winners of feature events that where produced by 39 different sires.
Well I would have found the name of a greyhound called Hi There on the parental sire lines of 39 of those feature event winners and they were produced by 20 sires.
I would have found the name of Champion Prince on the parental sire lines of 15 of those winners and they were produced by 11 sires and the other 14 feature event winners did not have the names of either Hi There or Champion Prince on their parental sire lines.
Now the most successful sire in 1970 was a greyhound called Prairie Flash http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=CEfan ... &x=26&y=12 and he produced 7 individual feature event winners and the only other greyhound to produce more than 3 feature event winners was called Newdown Heather http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=newdo ... &x=22&y=14 and he produced 5 feature event winners.
There are 3 Group winners credited to Slaney Record the sire of Hi There and they are called Hi There, Record Tass and Leg it Lucy while 36 Group winners are credited to Hi There so I formed the opinion that everything exploded at Hi There.
There are 16 Group winners credited to Bellas Prince the sire of Champion Prince while 26 Group winners are credited to Champion Prince a bit more even do you not think so at this stage I would not have formed the opinion that a new sire line exploded at Champion Prince.
That will do for tonight.