Mirror Image 43

Understanding pedigrees, inbreeding, dosage, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, Lucy

touching
Yearling

Mirror Image 43

Postby touching » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:05 am

I would like to record a very important fact my post should give you a taste of the thinking involved during my interpretations plus the fact that sometimes the rule book can be thrown out completely
to be replaced with experience and instinct which would leave things on occasions not very scientific.
Well I have written that I formed the opinion that at the end of 2006 Galileo was the racehorse version of a racing greyhound called Monalee Champion and I considered this to be a huge breakthrough at the time.
Up until 2006 I believed that Galileo’s parental grandsire Northern Dancer was the racehorse version of Monalee Champion, so if I had formed the opinion that Galileo was the racehorse version of Monalee Champion the next step was to interpret which son of Galileo would turn out to be the racehorse version of Monalee Champion most influential and best sire son a greyhound called Itsachampion.
Let’s have a look at the pedigree of Itsachampion http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?0=dummy ... ion=QlB_sP you can see that Itsachampion’s mother Cranog Bet was by a greyhound called Knock Hill Chieftain and the name of Tanist lies 4 – removes back along the paternal sire line of Knock Hill Chieftain.
I have formed the opinion that the racehorse Royal Charger born 1942 can be considered the racehorse version of Tanist and if I did not know who was the racehorse version of Knock Hill Chieftain the next beast thing would be to look initially for sons of Galileo who have finished 1st or 2nd Group One races in either the British Isle, France or Australia or Grade One races in North America.
I would have been drawn initially to the likes of Nathaniel, Seville and Ampere that is why I have highlighted both Nathaniel and Seville, the racehorse Ampere as yet has not retired to stud and I would have imagined that a racehorse bred that way must be the racehorse version of Itsachampion. Also I would have subsequently have found reason to highlight both Gleneagles and his close relation Decorated Knight and New Approach for this job and I would have highlighted both Red Rocks and Australia for entirely different reasons which were completely not connected to finding the racehorse version of Itsachampion.
Well a lot of water has flowed under the bridge since the tail end of 2006 and I am now going to throw the rule book out of the window on this occasion as I believe that New Approach is the racehorse version of Itsachampion and I have arrived at this realization purely by experience and instinct.
As I have written this is not a very scientific way to interpret this but on this occasion it may work and that is why I am recording this now, although New Approach has sired the winner of the 2000 Guineas and Epsom Derby and he passed my ratings test he has not broken into the top five sires of Europe yet while Galileo’s sons Frankel and Teofilo both have and Franket would be thought of as the best sire son of Galileo as yet who has went to stud.

I