Conduit Profile vs. Dosage Profile

Understanding pedigrees, inbreeding, dosage, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, Lucy

parlo
Grade I Winner

Conduit Profile vs. Dosage Profile

Postby parlo » Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:40 am

You allways learn something new!

Please tell me, what is the difference between the "Conduit Profile" and the "Dosage Profile"?

Motivator's profiles show me there must be a difference. Before entering this forum I never heard the expression "Conduit Profile". Thanks for You assistance!

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:57 am

Modern Conduit Mares is a system developed by Bill Lathrop, who posts on this board as "Bull from WA." Although an MCM profile is superficially similar to a dosage profile, it is based on the aptitudes found in mares' families (which Bill assigned based on extensive research) rather than the aptitudes of stallions designated as chefs-de-race.

If you run a search of this board's archives with "conduit mares" as the keywords, you should find quite a bit of information. Bill also has an explanation of the concept at his website, http://www.dimarpublishing.citymaker.com.
"A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher...You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse." C. S. Lewis

llbean
Grade III Winner

Postby llbean » Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:45 pm

MCM represents a significant advancement over it's inspiration Dosage in regards to predicting distance aptitudes by the numbers generated for individual horses.

You could never do something like it for Male Lines as there isn't enough diversity in them like there is in Female Lines.

-llbean