Breeding/paper problem

Understanding pedigrees, inbreeding, dosage, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, Lucy

MistyIsMiiGirl
Newborn

Breeding/paper problem

Postby MistyIsMiiGirl » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:35 pm

Ok well June 9th of 2004 I got my first horse. She's not a racer but sure enough was bred for it! Can you guys look at her and tell me if you think she's decent or not??? She's about 3 now, when i got her at just barely over age 2 she was already 16.1 hands, now she stands about 17-17.2 hands. So she's about an average heigth i'd say. But depending on the feedback i get, I am considering breeding her to see if she will produce a prosperous foal. below is her link. Thanks... also maybe if you could tell me what you think she'd be worth just based on that like a rough estimate? Her owners gave her to me for free. They wanted to put her to sleep, she has no medical problems either, i guess they didnt have the money to continue training, and she wasnt ready for racing, and they didnt want anyone else to get their hands on her (that was in the racing buisness) I do not have her papers though. Do you guys know if there is any way i can get her papers?? I have lost contact with her former owners, if i were to contact the jockey club (which she is registered with, i'm 70% sure, i've researched it and she seems to be in the database) would they give me the papers??? thanks i hope this helps.. im kinda lost im only 13 so this would be a major help if you guys could help answer some of my questions THANKS!!!

http://www.pedigreequery.com/mystical+martha

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:19 pm

The Jockey Club will not have her original papers unless they were turned in when the filly was given to you. Sometimes owners do that. They turn the papers marked "SOLD WITHOUT PEDIGREE" indicating that the registration is being surrendered. In that case, you could not register a foal out of your mare... it prevents the filly from being raced or bred for a registered Thoroughbred.

If that is not the case, and you can prove the original registration papers were destroyed, you can order duplicates from the Jockey Club. I believe the fee is $200.

Regarding marketability as a broodmare, without her papers and a lip tattoo (you are fortunate that you know her name) as is, perhaps $750.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

MistyIsMiiGirl
Newborn

Postby MistyIsMiiGirl » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:23 pm

yeah, when i got her from irish acres (i believe they surrendered her to irish acres allowing them to find a home for her or ethinise her if a home was not found) and i was told her dam and sire's registered name along with hers, but they didnt have the papers on hand, but all the information i have collected (such as year the horse mystical martha was born in, plus other small details) is enough evidence to convince me that that is for sure her registered name, thanks.