Help i need with my mares dam side

Understanding pedigrees, inbreeding, dosage, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, Lucy

mcyburbask
Newborn

Help i need with my mares dam side

Postby mcyburbask » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:55 pm

iam new to this , so please dont think iam stupid , iam a lover of anglo arabians, a
couple of years back i traded a TB mare for an arabian stallion , well i never cared to much about the pedigree , cause she was just what i needed for my breeding . I went for conformation match with my arabian stallion.well just recently i wantet to see what her background is , but all the papers i got on her is from the jockeyclub , and the research i did on my own from the sire and grandsire , I cant find the dam line on her , the horse is 17 years old , i just like to know more about her , she has given me 2 great foals ,The first one where twins , wich only one lived, the second time it was a single birth .So what i like to know is where can i find her dams line .Her name is Persuasion Fancy,(foaled in 1990) ,out of Tiny Persuasion , by Twice Burned by Bold Persuasion, she was bred in Missouri by Robert Lawrence . :( If anyone can help me with this i would really appreciate it. Iam mainly breeding her for speed and jumpingability, plus she has a great attitude, iam very happy what i got so far and like to keep this good match going I never registerd any off her foals cause i was going to keep them myself, and now i realize i might want to , just in case somebody likes that cross.

nferro9925
Grade III Winner

Postby nferro9925 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:15 am

Your mare won once & placed 3rd once in 23 starts & won $2894. She seemed to like routes over sprint distances.
Her 7th dam is Taps by Man O'War. Attic, her 5th dam, produced some
pretty hardy horses running 46, 73, 75, 100, 122 times. But not much in
the way of stakes horses.

I added her female line to the database.
Perhaps one of the other members who are more familiar with the line
can add more to it.

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:42 pm

I added a bit more info to the db here re. some of the names in the first few generations of her pedigree. Your mare's dam worked very hard for someone - 110 starts in 7 years.

mcyburbask
Newborn

Thanks

Postby mcyburbask » Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:33 am

Thank You so much for the help,sorry about some misspells(fancy is 15 not 17 ) :oops: now iam getting a better picture what iam breeding. I still havent figured out how to read all the codes , but just by going and looking at others helpadvise , i will eventually :) My husbands quartemare,goes back to Three O Clock Miss, wich i found the ped for, I didnt even know they crossbred TB,s and QHs, :o .
thanks, Brigitte