Hollywood Turf Cup

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

bdw0617
Darley line

Hollywood Turf Cup

Postby bdw0617 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:03 pm

$250,000 Hollywood Turf Cup (gr. IT, Race 5, 2:32 p.m. PST), 3 & Up, 1 1/2 Miles (Turf)
PP. Horse, Jockey
1. Obrigado (FR), Joseph Talamo
2. Champs Elysees (GB), Julien R. Leparoux
3. Sunriver (KY), Garrett K. Gomez
4. Tissy Fit (KY), Clinton L. Potts
5. Heroi Do Bafra (BRZ), Rafael Bejarano
6. Chief Running Bear (KY), Corey S. Nakatani
7. Spring House (KY), Tyler Baze
8. Sudan (IRE), Patrick A. Valenzuela

this is about as mcuh of a one horse race you will ever see a grade 1 IMNHO.

it's not so mcuh a horse race as it is a coming to america party for Champs Elysees. with his bloodlines (full to interconential), from one of the most royal dam families in the world, he's an american star in the waiting.

He is group 1 placed this year over in Italy, against a field that is light years better than this one.

Assuming he didn' thave jet lag or doesn't handle the turns or something mundane like that.. he should win it and win it easily
"When the solution is simple, God is answering.”
- Einstein

Georgerz
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Georgerz » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:25 am

What do you think of Spring House or Chief Running Bear chances to pull an upset?

bdw0617
Darley line

Postby bdw0617 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:26 pm

I don't like spring house but

Sunriver would have to get looked at if you wanted to go somewhere else. he is the best of the rest, I just don't respect the company he has kept for the most part.

cheif running bear has to be looked at because for the most part he has done everytihng asked of him. and if he went off at something like 50 to 1 I would plunk 10 bucks down for the hell of it, he isn't a 50 to 1 shot... but his times are soo far off of par for what I know a grade 1 tuirf race should be, I couldn't put him as a upset horse.

- Einstein

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:21 pm

I guess Sunriver was the best on the day, or is this another one that has to do with juice?

Has anybody discovered a non-juicy good horse yet? I'd like to know so I can follow it without being disappointed.

bdw0617
Darley line

Postby bdw0617 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:19 pm

Geo,

the rules of the horse racing rulebook, rule number 101.2 states that any horse trained by pletcher is automatically on the juice unless proved otherwise to be the case.

joking of course... I don't think he was the best horse on the day, he got the right pace. I know the race was over at the half mile pole. a legit grade 1 front running horse will win that race iwth that little pressure 9 out of 10 times. that's why he is a grade 1 horse. and he is. but put them in a 10 horse field with more speed and Champ gets him.

- Einstein

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:15 pm

Ok bdw, point taken. So the challenge is issued. Give me a non-juicy horse (or preferably horses) that I can enjoy following.