Hollywood CashCall Futurity-G1 Analysis

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

bdw0617
Darley line

Postby bdw0617 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:02 pm

I told you, I wasn't toucing this one with a 10 foot pole. I don't like betting 2YO", sfor this VERY damn reason. you just saw first hand a horse improve right in front of your eyes from one race to another.
"When the solution is simple, God is answering.”
- Einstein

Rokeby Forever
Darley line

Postby Rokeby Forever » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:16 pm

Rokeby Forever wrote:I'm with you guys with Into Mischief. I'm hoping that TJ's right...I think he can sit off the pace and get the jump on the other closers.

Into Mischief towered over the field using Rokeby's exclusive TUMB (Thumb Up My Butt) calculations derived exclusively from my own personal formula.

TUMB promises to become a thoroughbred industry standard - but for a one time offer to only members of PQ, I will offer a free trial of my TUMB handicapping formula, including applications. PM me for requests.
Last edited by Rokeby Forever on Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
What synthetics are to California racing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gb0mxcpPOU

Bill from WA
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Bill from WA » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:18 pm

My top pedigree pick, Shore Do, didn't run a jump. The one horse ran a decent race, my other two ran 1st and 2nd. I still haven't looked at a PP, and didn't bet the race (watching my Washington Huskies play Cal Northridge, and was flipping channels, but did watch the race). Nice exacta on the 12-8. I hope you bet on the 12 Roke. Good hit.

Bill
Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is like a broken winged bird that cannot fly.

Langston Hughes

Rokeby Forever
Darley line

Postby Rokeby Forever » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:21 pm

Bill....of course Into Mischief won - I didn't bet a dime on the race. If I bet, he would have finished nowhere. Doesn't it always work that way?

Who bet all that money on Sierra Sunset? He opened 5:2.

bdw0617
Darley line

Postby bdw0617 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:47 pm

Bill from WA wrote:My top pedigree pick, Shore Do, didn't run a jump. The one horse ran a decent race, my other two ran 1st and 2nd. I still haven't looked at a PP, and didn't bet the race (watching my Washington Huskies play Cal Northridge, and was flipping channels, but did watch the race). Nice exacta on the 12-8. I hope you bet on the 12 Roke. Good hit.

Bill

he got a new trainer, went to the frankel barn if I am not mistaken... I would keep my eye on him later down the road still.

roke, can you please tell us more aobut this THUB system that you use? where can I buy it at?

- Einstein

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:00 pm

Rokeby Forever wrote:
Rokeby Forever wrote:I'm with you guys with Into Mischief. I'm hoping that TJ's right...I think he can sit off the pace and get the jump on the other closers.

I have to admit that I didn't use a database to come up with this horse...I pretty much just stuck my thumb up my butt and hoped for the best. :D

George William Smith wrote:9 Shore Do 71.24... highest GSV
My system is cheaper and easier to use. LOL!

Hi Roke,
My moon shot was just that.....he ran a good 5th, too bad he couldn't get 4th for the super. I love these 10 cent supers. I used my top two on top, never thinking In Mischief would be such a price or he would have been my choice to win. Used the Tiznow on advice from my friend Roke, along with my other picks and hit a 40 cent super on a 16.80 ticket. Between both our selections they ran 1,2,3,4,5 in that super, not bad for a couple of brown thumbs..:>)TJ

Rokeby Forever
Darley line

Postby Rokeby Forever » Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:09 pm

bdw0617 wrote:roke, can you please tell us more aobut this TUMB system that you use? where can I buy it at?

You can download a sample portion of it at TUMB.com LOL!

winds
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby winds » Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:43 pm

Dear Mr. Rokeby,

I'm not one for gambling, but if your TUMB system works this well at least some of the time, I'll buy into it.

WOW!!!

winds
hehehehe

spex4me
Grade I Winner

Postby spex4me » Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:52 pm

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x GSV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Obviously this needs to go back to the shop to be reformulated!!! There's 20 I'll never see again!!! :evil:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D T J R F system....hell T J if you were T U it'd be the TURF system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well I least I won some back with a whopping $5 on Into Mischief to win!! so it covered the GSV blunder and bought us dinner!!! lmao!! That and when Roke says he likes anything to do with Mischief you just gotta assume that is a natural pick!! :)

THANK YOU ROKE & T J!!!! yeah .....now to making the Roke for Prez sign!! :wink:
trying to come up with something brillant..... this may take a while. :)

bdw0617
Darley line

Postby bdw0617 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:31 pm

GVS picked the winner.. he just picked more than one :wink:

it's the kingagarden school of handicapping.everyone is a winner.

- Einstein

Rokeby Forever
Darley line

Postby Rokeby Forever » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:41 pm

bdw0617 wrote:GVS picked the winner.. he just picked more than one :wink:

it's the kingagarden school of handicapping.everyone is a winner.

That's not really a bad thing, BDW - that way, no horse's feelings get hurt. It's as George wrote, a
George William Smith wrote:politically correct methodology

Shergar
Starters Handicap

Postby Shergar » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:17 pm

I am very curious as to why the GSV scores George posted at the start of this thread are different than what one sees when puling up their pedigree.

Sierra Sunset 60.47 Pedigree database 62.33
Massive Dream 52.58---52.78
Overextended 69.31---62.38. Now that is a big difference.
Eatons Gift 61.31---56.23 Another big discrepency.
Indian Sun 65.89---64.17
Slews Tiznow 59.92---59.59
Tres Borrachos 67.46---62.79
Colonel John 64.20---62.77
Shore Do 71.24---66.59 Another big difference.
Monba 69.54---64.32 Another one with a big difference.
Old Man Buck 57.12---55.77
Into Mischief 64.98---60.40
Meal Penalty 62.59---64.57
Referee 69.68---69.04.

Since George gives his numbers as the GSV, and the Pedigree Query gives out the numbers as a GSV, why the discrepencies???

If I am missing something, sure would like to know.

Shergar

Rokeby Forever
Darley line

Postby Rokeby Forever » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:50 pm

That's an excellent question, Shergar. I just looked and you're absolutely correct.

However, rest assured that the Rokeby/TJ "TUMB System" never varies. This scientific system continues to show why it's the Thoroughbred industry standard for measuring how well TJ and I can handicap a race after a few six packs of Budweiser. We go to the far ends of a refrigerator to make sure that no stone is left unturned.

What makes the "TUMB System" such a powerful handicapping tool? I don't know...do you, TJ?

Shergar
Starters Handicap

Postby Shergar » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:20 am

Roke:

Though I question your taste in malted beverages, I can't argue with the TUMB system for picking winners :D

I lot of times I have my Head UMB. Would I be able to put this to my advantage in picking a winner? LOL

Merry Christmas, Shergar

Off Topic:

Dont know if you are a college football fan, but I see the Univ. Nevada Wolfpack got it handed to them in the New Mexico Bowl. WAC is now 0-1 in the bowls. I reckon Bozo State should even that up with a win over E. Carolina tmw. in the Hawaii Bowl.

Rokeby Forever
Darley line

Postby Rokeby Forever » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:54 am

Hi Shergar,

OH MY GOD were the Wolfpack terrible! The final 23-0 score doesn't say how lopsided the game was and how all around awful Nevada played.

The WAC this year is terrible - Nevada making it to a bowl proves that.