Hollywood CashCall Futurity-G1 Analysis

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

Shergar
Starters Handicap

Postby Shergar » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:13 am

Hi Roke:

Four WAC teams going to a bowl game is proof enough that there are WAY too many bowl games.

Really, only two WAC teams were really bowl worthy. Hawaii and Boise State.

Thinking of going to the Humanitarian Bowl, but I figure Geo. Tech is going to walk away with it. So not to sure if I want to go freeze my but off watching a lousy game.

A question for you:

How many Bozo State fans does it take to change a light bulb?

Regards, Shergar

PS: Getting back on topic. Do hope George will stop by soon and explain the discrepencies in the GSV scores.

Answer: 8. 1 to change the light bulb, and 7 to talk about the Fiesta Bowl.

Can you tell I am a BSU Hater?

Rokeby Forever
Darley line

Postby Rokeby Forever » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:17 am

HAHAHA!!!!

Boise State plays on that ridiculous blue field - what's that all about?

The WAC really stinks - Hawaii is undefeated and they're mediocre at best. They were lucky to beat Washington. Washington was killing Hawaii and fell apart at the end.

Shergar, I think we'd all like to hear again from George Smith to clear up your question.
What synthetics are to California racing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gb0mxcpPOU

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:22 am

Rokeby Forever wrote:That's an excellent question, Shergar. I just looked and you're absolutely correct.

However, rest assured that the Rokeby/TJ "TUMB System" never varies. This scientific system continues to show why it's the Thoroughbred industry standard for measuring how well TJ and I can handicap a race after a few six packs of Budweiser. We go to the far ends of a refrigerator to make sure that no stone is left unturned.

What makes the "TUMB System" such a powerful handicapping tool? I don't know...do you, TJ?

Well Roke, this brings to mind a famous answer from a popular 70's game show that captures the essence of the thumb system. The quote was in answer to a question posed by host Bob Eubanks to a contestant on the Newlywed Game. The answer was......"That would be the butt Bob" :>) Now back to you Roke. TJ

Rokeby Forever
Darley line

Postby Rokeby Forever » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:20 am

Hi TJ,

Thanks for explaining so that the industry has a better understanding. There may still be doubters out there, so it needs to be asked:

Does the size of someone's butt matter? In other words - does someone with a big butt have an advantage over someone with a small butt when using the TUMB System? Or, is it such a powerful tool that it really doesn't matter, and it's "one size fits all?"

zinn21
3rd Year Sire

Postby zinn21 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:29 am

Just read this complete thread and must say there were some pretty insightful pre race comments made.

As for my pick, Colonel John, I knew I was doomed when they DQ'd my prior race $15 win post parade pick, Wise One, costing me $400 bucks. I never win after that happens..

Rokeby Forever
Darley line

Postby Rokeby Forever » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:53 am

Hi Zinn - you had a ticket on that horse? OMG, you have my sympathies. There was no excuse for Martin Garcia not keeping that horse straight!

zinn21
3rd Year Sire

Postby zinn21 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:06 pm

Rok, if he would have just spanked him a few more times left handed he would have been fine. Of course if my aunt "would" have had balls, she "would" have been my uncle..

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:37 pm

Rokeby Forever wrote:Hi TJ,

Thanks for explaining so that the industry has a better understanding. There may still be doubters out there, so it needs to be asked:

Does the size of someone's butt matter? In other words - does someone with a big butt have an advantage over someone with a small butt when using the TUMB System? Or, is it such a powerful tool that it really doesn't matter, and it's "one size fits all?"

Roke,
Before we get too carried away with this, let me just say, no if's, and's or butt's about it, just two really, really big Thumbs Up:>) Any further comments concerning this method and we will have to start charging. Now back to you in the west coast studio and don't forget this is a G rated broadcast. TJ

Rokeby Forever
Darley line

Postby Rokeby Forever » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:43 pm

Order now and receive TJ's "Rub my stomach for luck" selections absolutely free! :D

bdw0617
Darley line

Postby bdw0617 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:28 pm

bdw0617 wrote:you aren't saying referee can't win.. but I'll say it for you roke.

Refereee can't win.

Let's look at his 3 races.

He won, a decent win, albeit it at turfway park against no one, his first out.

He went into the grade 1 lane's end, and came in close to last, 10th place.

He then goes to a regular allownece race, at churchill on dirt, looses to eton's gift, in a time that wasn't that damn fast.

eaton's gift is going to be a graded stakes calibur horse, Grade 2/Grade 1 calibur, roman's is just taking it slow with him...but I mean it really wasn't even that close.

Also, his worst race came around 2 turns.

If you see something in his Past that screams bet please let me know because I dont' see it. that's the kinda horse that if he wins, you just tip your hat and move on. There are too many runners in this race in this race to throw hard earned money on a horse who hasn't shown anything worth betting up to now that he can run in a grade 1 race.

damn i'm good.. :wink:

just kiddin... good impressive win by him today however
"When the solution is simple, God is answering.”
- Einstein

Rokeby Forever
Darley line

Postby Rokeby Forever » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:18 pm

George William Smith wrote:It should be noted that Dynaformer did not have a good year in 2007 as a broodmare sire.
Based on Spring At Last and Monterey Jazz, it is now OK to play horses that are out of a Dynaformer broodmare?

bdw0617
Darley line

Postby bdw0617 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:31 pm

i'd be interstered to see what you have to say about Storm Cat (not you roke)
"When the solution is simple, God is answering.”

- Einstein