Need help with New York tracks

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

bdw0617
Darley line

Need help with New York tracks

Postby bdw0617 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:29 pm

with the news now that HRTV will carry NYRA tracks, that means I can actually BET on new york based tracks though xpressbet. I coudln't earlier because TVG sucks ass.

anyway, I came to realize I dont' know much about how things work in new york. I have a general idea of what to e xepct from who and who is who on the secene everywhere else I bet, even at emerald downs. no clue in new york whatsoever. I know some of the jocks who travel outside of NY, and trainers.. but local guys like lake and dutrow for the most part I don't know a lot about

so if anyone has any pointers for me before Tuesday (handicapping wednesdays card) it would b e apprciated
"When the solution is simple, God is answering.”
- Einstein

Rokeby Forever
Darley line

Postby Rokeby Forever » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:15 pm

Don't be too sure that NY will have racing on Wednesday - see the NY Crunch Time thread.
What synthetics are to California racing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gb0mxcpPOU

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:27 pm

Rokeby Forever wrote:Don't be too sure that NY will have racing on Wednesday - see the NY Crunch Time thread.

Stop it Roke, don't let me sat the CL word....I know you don't like that:>) The oversight board will run racing and hire NYRA under its legislative authority to run racing during this time period, no worries mate.....racing will go on:>)TJ

Rokeby Forever
Darley line

Postby Rokeby Forever » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:32 pm

In that case....bet ANYTHING Dutrow sends out. Don't let him beat you!

With Dutrow, it doesn't matter who he claims from, if the horse hasn't run in two years, what the distance is, or what the class is. He places horses to win, and his chemist makes sure that he does. He won the stake at Aqueduct at 3:1 today - it was a gift!

Stay away from Pletcher's stock. He runs his 4th stringers and they're always overbet...most of them aren't any better than the run of the mill Aqueduct stock.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:56 pm

Rokeby Forever wrote:In that case....bet ANYTHING Dutrow sends out. Don't let him beat you!

With Dutrow, it doesn't matter who he claims from, if the horse hasn't run in two years, what the distance is, or what the class is. He places horses to win, and his chemist makes sure that he does. He won the stake at Aqueduct at 3:1 today - it was a gift!

Stay away from Pletcher's stock. He runs his 4th stringers and they're always overbet...most of them aren't any better than the run of the mill Aqueduct stock.

Roke, Ya must a had B's on today.....I got the same price on Pletcher in the Gallant Fox today:>) TJ

Rokeby Forever
Darley line

Postby Rokeby Forever » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:04 pm

I'm talking day to day, ya nitwit.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:32 pm

Rokeby Forever wrote:I'm talking day to day, ya nitwit.

Nitwit!!!! :evil: .......ah that's Ok :lol: who cares they won't be racing Wednesday anyway :wink: TJ

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:13 pm

There is a full card scheduled to go in NY for Tuesday Jan. 1st. TJ

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:11 pm

TJ wrote:
Rokeby Forever wrote:Don't be too sure that NY will have racing on Wednesday - see the NY Crunch Time thread.

Stop it Roke, don't let me sat the CL word....I know you don't like that:>) The oversight board will run racing and hire NYRA under its legislative authority to run racing during this time period, no worries mate.....racing will go on:>)TJ

Hi Roke,
It's official, racing will go on uninterrupted. NYRA signed with the oversight committee till Jan. 23rd. TJ

Rokeby Forever
Darley line

Postby Rokeby Forever » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:16 pm

Yeah, they figured to. But what happens January 24th?

bdw0617
Darley line

Postby bdw0617 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:26 pm

one day at a time roke, one day at a time

:!:

- Einstein

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:49 pm

Rokeby Forever wrote:Yeah, they figured to. But what happens January 24th?

It will happen before the 24th. The NYRA board may render up a sacrificial lamb or two, NYRA will still control the simulcating signal and will recieve a 30 year franchise, they will put a board in place to oversee NYRA throughout the year in exchange for NYRA turning over the ownership of the tracks and the land to the State. Done deal. TJ

Rokeby Forever
Darley line

Postby Rokeby Forever » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:06 pm

Who gets the slots? What do the horsemen get?

bdw0617
Darley line

Postby bdw0617 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:10 pm

*****(wait..what's that? you sure?.....okay)*******

I just got off the phone withmy sources and I have been informed that the horsemen get a lump of coal.

- Einstein

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:31 pm

Rokeby Forever wrote:Who gets the slots? What do the horsemen get?

That is what will be ironed out between now and then. It's up to the behind closed doors sessions what % the horseman will get. The more the take the gaming enterprise gets, the less the horseman will get. Bruno who has been pressing to increase the % the winning gaming entity will get wants to take it from the horseman. This had been ironed out in Sept. before Bruno put the skids on it. You want percentages, heres percentages concerning all the VLT revenue that will come from not more than 4,500 machines that will be installed at Aqueduct ...but remember any and all changes for the worse, from these previously agreed upon %'s between the State and NYRA concerning a decreased % of VLT revenues for the horseman will be thanks to Bruno.

VLT Revenue breakdown signed and agreed to between the State and NYRA:
1) Payments equal to 4% of VLT revenues for each year of the VLT license
to be dedicated for capital expenses in maintaining and upgrading Aqueduct, Belmont and Saratoga.
2) Payments equal to 3% of VLT revenues for each year of the VLT license, for general thoroughbred racing operations.
3) For the first year of VLT operations, payments aggregating in the sum of 6.5% of VLT revenues for such year, and thereafter, for each year of the VLT license, payments aggregating in the amount of 106% of the prior years payment, provided that in any given year such aggregate payments shall not exceed 6.5% of the current annual VLT revenues, to be deposited into a segregated account and applied solely to fund racing purses.
4) For the first year of VLT operations, payments aggregating in the sum of 1% of VLT revenues for such year and for each year of the VLT license, payments aggregating in the amount of 103% of the prior years payment, provided that in any given year such aggregate payments shall not exceed 1% of the current annual VLT Revenues from VTL's at the Aqueduct Racetrack facility.

OK, there's some legal mumbo jumbo I'm not sure about but as you can see all aspects including the care and maintenance of the track will be addressed. Also whoever wins the Gaming contract will be responsible for building a state of the art facility to house the up to 4,500 VLT machines that will be permitted on the grounds. In addition, NYRA and the State will negotiate who will be brought in to run the gaming end of the business. Now this little tidbit I am sure is where Bruno will step in and have his say also as to who will win the gaming franchise, possibly all the man ever really was interested in anyway. TJ