Hutchenson

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

bdw0617
Darley line

Postby bdw0617 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:53 pm

Rokeby Forever wrote:If you;'re really into art, Mr Mellon (one of the biggest personal art collectors ever) once taught me something about horse paintings that's really interesting.

If you look at 18th century paintings of foxhunts or horses running, you'll see that artists painted horses running with their front legs extended and their back legs extended outward at the same time - that's not how a horse strides, and artists were totally embarrassed when it was later pointed out that the mechanics of a horse are different from what they had painted. It wasn't until later that artists got it right.

not really into art, I am into mythology and ancient rome which is about half of art history. My best friend and I had a class and we said look.. we are going to take 1 painting.. and just decet the shit out of it. that painting was the conversion of saint paul..which depetcts saint paul riding a horse being struck down b y a light from god and being converted, hence the name. This picture was painted in the highlight of the romanesque era, some of the tale tale signs of romanesque paintings are the almost violent and strong curvature which are meant to spark emotion and the vibrent use of colors. If you look closely at the painting you ill notice that the ray of light which extends from the upper right (the angel) downwards to the lower left which hits right on paul (the saint) himself, which smybolises his connection to god. This also symbolises in a sense the christan holy trinity (the father being god, the son, with Saint Paul being one of the tweleve deciples and the holy ghost, being the angel)

I never could figure out who the guy in the black was, but I assume he's some type of develish archtype figure, as him seeing fighting off the "light of god"

man I can write a damn 6 page essay on that painting.. hell i have written a 6 page esssay on that.. got a B in the class not bad for a 10th grader in an AP history class.

back to irish smoke... very pretty filly. that jockey from what I see isnt' half bad herself.. then again I dont' know too many women who do look bad in that position. lol, let me stop.

imnumberjuan, if you want to see big red you have to actually go though the links on the page and see "all time great horses". he's there

you know a horse race is bad when you end up talking about art history and grey horses.
"When the solution is simple, God is answering.”
- Einstein

Shergar
Starters Handicap

Postby Shergar » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:06 pm

The HUTI system is going to take a stab at picking the winner of the Hutcheson.

HUTI is at a big of a disadvantage as he usually looks west;not east.

Right now HUTI tabs Grand Minstrel as the winner with Big Truck a close second. After that, HUTI system says there isn't enough sprits on God's green earth for him to venture a guess.

All the best, Shergar

PS: Just a HUTI opinion, and probably wrong.

Rokeby Forever
Darley line

Postby Rokeby Forever » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:13 pm

TUMB loves Big Truck, but after a few gin & tonics, Grand Minstrel is starting to look better to me. How about a Big Truck/Grand Minstrel TUMBHUTI exacta box?
What synthetics are to California racing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gb0mxcpPOU

bdw0617
Darley line

Postby bdw0617 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:17 pm

Rokeby Forever wrote:TUMB loves Big Truck, but after a few gin & tonics, Grand Minstrel is starting to look better to me. How about a Big Truck/Grand Minstrel TUMBHUTI exacta box?

okay, Big Truck/Grand Minstrel/Golden Spikes TUMBHUTIOTTOMH trifecta box

- Einstein

Shergar
Starters Handicap

Postby Shergar » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:21 pm

bdw0617 wrote:
Rokeby Forever wrote:TUMB loves Big Truck, but after a few gin & tonics, Grand Minstrel is starting to look better to me. How about a Big Truck/Grand Minstrel TUMBHUTI exacta box?

okay, Big Truck/Grand Minstrel/Golden Spikes TUMBHUTIOTTOMH trifecta box

There you have it folks, a HUTI, TUMB and OTTOMY trifecta.

Take out a second on your house and run for the mutual window.

Shergar

imnumberjuan
Allowance Winner

BYRMPOTD (Bet Your Rent Money Pick Of The Day)

Postby imnumberjuan » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:24 pm

BYRMPOTD has a ALL boxed tri... :lol:
Gotta keep on Keepin on - Joe Dirt

TomFool
Allowance Winner

Postby TomFool » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:44 pm

I really like Golden Spikes in this race. I feel like he can only improve from here & you will get a good price on him. I also think Marty Wolfson is one of the best real deal horse trainers there is & is very underrated.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:25 am

OK, TUTI wants to play:>)
I'm always looking for a price so, although I am stretching here quite a bit, that's the way my bet a little win a lot strategy keeps me above water.
1st) Silver Edition...this is a horse that 7/8ths might hit right between the eyeballs.
2nd) Halo Najib......the horse to deny.
3rd) Smooth Air...Beat Wise Answer, a solid horse in South Florida and Air likes 7/8ths.
4th) Grand Minstrel...to round out the exotics.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:57 am

Track's sloppy and they are off the turf going 1 mile on the main track.
Scratch: Grand Minstrel an Cool Coal Man from the Hutchenson.......TJ

spex4me
Grade I Winner

Postby spex4me » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:35 am

Well I'll pop Silver Edition to replace Grand Minstrel... so 4,6,7,& 8. Damn now I think I have the same as TJ.. :? ... but I'll put Big Truck in the number 1 spot now. TJ word to the wise....if it's a horse race and I pick it.... well let's just say I have a magical way of not getting the sure thing. :evil: Now other sports picks other than hockey I do have some lil bit of knack for. But horse racing ummm no. :lol:

edited to add: Nope TJ yours are good ..... I don't have Smooth Air. Halo I like too though.... and the 8 is just for the hell of it....
trying to come up with something brillant..... this may take a while. :)

jagger
Grade III Winner

Grade 2 Hutch

Postby jagger » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:46 am

My first effort at handicapping in a LONG time.

Grand Minstrel: Better than average GSV (72) Average CMP, VGS 1.68

Cool Coal Man: Slightly above average GSV (69) Average CMP and excellent VGS 5.95 but is Mr. P inbred 3x4 but with Fappiano as the conduit, the best possible conduit.

Halo Najib: Average GSV 68, better than average CMP, poor VGS

Smooth Air: Miserable GSV (60) poor CMP and no VGS NO CHANCE

Silver Edition: Average GSV(67), average CMP, no VGS

Big Truck: Below average GSV(65) Average CMP no VGS Trying to like him but just doesn't have the numbers.

Notgivinmyloveaway: Better than average GSV (72+), average CMP, VGS good at 1.57. Name is just TOOOO long.

Golden Spikes: Excelllent GSV (77) the best of the lot, average CMP, several nice VGS's with STG x SS giving 3.56. BUT as a BMS, A.P. Indy has not done well with Buckpasser on the top and this horse is 3x5 for Buckpasser. Troubling.

Coal Play: Better than average GSV (72), Excellent CMP, so so VGS 1.31 but is inbred to Mr. P 3 x 4 and through DAUGHTERS, the kiss of death.

Have to go with Golden Spikes despite the (hopefully) Buckpasser anomaly. Also has the best/closest stallions in the pedigree, Mr. P and A.P. Indy. Also like A.P. as a BMS.

After Golden Spikes, noone is too compelling but will go with Cool Coal Man and Grand Minstrel.

Best too everyone,

Recovering jagger

Shergar
Starters Handicap

Postby Shergar » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:03 pm

Shergar wrote:The HUTI system is going to take a stab at picking the winner of the Hutcheson.

HUTI is at a big of a disadvantage as he usually looks west;not east.

Right now HUTI tabs Grand Minstrel as the winner with Big Truck a close second. After that, HUTI system says there isn't enough sprits on God's green earth for him to venture a guess.

All the best, Shergar

PS: Just a HUTI opinion, and probably wrong.

Since my top pick is scratched, I will have to substitute Coal Play for Grand Minstrel.

Coal Play, Big Truck and Golden Spikes. I guess in that order.

Shergar

bdw0617
Darley line

Re: Grade 2 Hutch

Postby bdw0617 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:16 pm

jagger wrote:My first effort at handicapping in a LONG time.

Grand Minstrel: Better than average GSV (72) Average CMP, VGS 1.68

Cool Coal Man: Slightly above average GSV (69) Average CMP and excellent VGS 5.95 but is Mr. P inbred 3x4 but with Fappiano as the conduit, the best possible conduit.

Halo Najib: Average GSV 68, better than average CMP, poor VGS

Smooth Air: Miserable GSV (60) poor CMP and no VGS NO CHANCE

Silver Edition: Average GSV(67), average CMP, no VGS

Big Truck: Below average GSV(65) Average CMP no VGS Trying to like him but just doesn't have the numbers.

Notgivinmyloveaway: Better than average GSV (72+), average CMP, VGS good at 1.57. Name is just TOOOO long.

Golden Spikes: Excelllent GSV (77) the best of the lot, average CMP, several nice VGS's with STG x SS giving 3.56. BUT as a BMS, A.P. Indy has not done well with Buckpasser on the top and this horse is 3x5 for Buckpasser. Troubling.

Coal Play: Better than average GSV (72), Excellent CMP, so so VGS 1.31 but is inbred to Mr. P 3 x 4 and through DAUGHTERS, the kiss of death.

Have to go with Golden Spikes despite the (hopefully) Buckpasser anomaly. Also has the best/closest stallions in the pedigree, Mr. P and A.P. Indy. Also like A.P. as a BMS.

After Golden Spikes, noone is too compelling but will go with Cool Coal Man and Grand Minstrel.

Best too everyone,

Recovering jagger

gald to see i'm not alone.

- Einstein

imnumberjuan
Allowance Winner

BYRMPOTD - update

Postby imnumberjuan » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:50 pm

BYRMPOTD $1 tri box ALL now only costs $336 with a guaranteed return!

imnumberjuan
Allowance Winner

BYRMPOD Strikes AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby imnumberjuan » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:07 pm

BYRMPOD gave you the winning edge! A $1 Box Tri ALL and you got a $42.70 return! Try making that in a day in a savings account.

Now, the ALL system has its detractors who say things like "You don't take into account pedigrees" or "You don't examine connections".

NONSSENSE! We bet on all the horses! We Bet on all horses with Jockeys and Trainers!!!!!!!!!

:roll: [/i][/b]