oaklawn park

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

bdw0617
Darley line

oaklawn park

Postby bdw0617 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:52 pm

man o man are there some juciy horses coming in here, espically today.. the DD paid damn near 500 bucks, not a hell of alot of chalk coming in and some of the hroses are actually figuring!

it seems that the shippers confuse bettors the first weeks of oaklawn, it's similar to churchill with oaklawn shippers... people seem to discount the racing if it's nto from LA or Texas
"When the solution is simple, God is answering.”
- Einstein

Shergar
Starters Handicap

Postby Shergar » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:57 pm

I'm trying to closely follow OP racing this year. (I have casually watched OP in years past)

I'm planning on taking a trip to OP sometime in late Feb. or Early March.

It does seem like the Ky and to a lesser extent , the La. and Ill. shippers are scoring at some nice prices.

I'm not making any actual bets, but doing some, "pretend" exacta boxes. One Friday and Sat. hit some nice ones, but today, (Sunday) took it in the shorts.

Looking forward to getting the Heck out of Idaho for a week or so and heading to Arky....

All the best, Shergar

bdw0617
Darley line

Postby bdw0617 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:16 am

anyone who plans on coming down let me know.. I have rented an apartment about 5 miles away to be closer t to the track.. i've moved out my house and when the meet is over i'm movin to caifornia.. but until then I'm here and would love to meet up with anyone.

man look at like spotsgone today.. spotsgone is a legit grade 3ish type horse.. i've hit some races with him up at arlington park... and today you get a 11.50 payout on him going against what are basically ohigh level claimers outside of beta capo and the horse that came in 2nd.

it's so hit and miss ti's a 2 day pick 6 carryover..

truth be told i had a couple of picks for yestreday but I started putting the infamous HUTI method to use at the track and by the 3rd race I was useless... i don't get alot of live racing here in arkansas and I am having the time of my life actually just watching the races, let along betting... i need to get it out my system so hopefully i will be in the swing of things next week

- Einstein

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:03 pm

Spotsgone is a son of Bright Launch, one of the best value sires around. I sure would like to see what Bright Launch would do with some very fancy mares.

bdw0617
Darley line

Postby bdw0617 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:11 pm

spotsgone can run a little bit.

PACKED today at oaklawn park.

- Einstein

ZZTOPPERS
Maiden Special Weight

Postby ZZTOPPERS » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:22 pm

BDW--have to ask in light of the other thread on professional gambling--you seem to be falling in love with the horses (not just horse racing) which is the biggest hook this sport has--I know the feeling! But the question is--at home you have great discipline, only wagering when it's right--does that cross over to the track, or are you playing more in the live setting than you would away from the track? I find I take much more risk at the track, bet a lot more races, throw back a bit more bourbon, but overall, have one helluva great time!

bdw0617
Darley line

Postby bdw0617 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:51 pm

honestly... at the track I have a hard time staying to task. I did the best job ever at monmouth... how I don't know because i was so star struck.. I stood there and looked at corinthian for about 10 mintues

not just the horses but the peoplle.. I like to talk to peoplek, i LOVE to eat, i like to take in everything.. i know what races I'm in on before I get to the track so i make my schedule around them.. but saturday I got so toasted that i forgot. god damn if i had a vidoe camera... 1 dollar drafts!

to answer your question it has to carry over to the track. i have been betting horses since I was 8. my dad used to take me to the track when I was in town and school me on what was right and what was wrong (he's not a bad handicapper himself).. one of the important things he did is he would give me 20 bucks and told me to make it work. for the entire day. I quickly learned that.. well not quickly but i learned even then that sometimes the best bet is no bet at all.

i have no qualms about sitting back and watching a race with no money on the line, in fact at times i am actually releaved for some reason. get ot get in line an edget some nachos and sit back and watch a good ole fashion horse race and just take in the beauty of it.

once i start DRINKING i won't bet. i made that mistake before. unless it's daquri's.. i can handle thoose.

- Einstein

bdw0617
Darley line

!

Postby bdw0617 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:45 pm

man i gotta tell ya.. gary weir has to be the most connected motherfucker on the face of the earth.

his little gary weir's thoroughbred club is giving out BOMBS!

yesterday they had the daiily double.. the 500 dolalr daily double. both legs.

and I just saw a 40 dollar winner they had in the info sheet as well for today.

man this man has upgraded his connections or something because my gosh. I think I know what's going on.. these horses are just taking to oaklawn. I usually wait out the ifrst two weeks of a meet to let everyone get a race over the track, that goes fora ny track... but he has his ear down on the street...

has anyone stopped to just look at these prices? the pick 6 hasn't been hit YET!!the hwole damn firfs tweek

liberty bull is all class.. my gosh tha twas a game race today

- Einstein