millilons sprint

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

bdw0617
Darley line

millilons sprint

Postby bdw0617 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:42 pm

1. High Standards (CA), 122, Jorge F. Chavez
2. Mach Ride (FL), 122, Elvis Trujillo
3. Praying for Cash (FL), 122, John R. Velazquez
4. Finallymadeit (FL), 121, Eduardo O. Nunez
5. Storm in May (FL), 121, Manoel R. Cruz
6. Benny the Bull (FL), 122, Edgar S. Prado
7. Cobalt Blue (FL), 121, Rafael Bejarano
8. Mr. Umphrey (FL), 122, Javier Castellano
9. Tropic Storm (FL), 121, Aaron T. Gryder
10. Santana Strings (FL), 122, Rene R. Douglas
11. Bushwacker (FL), 122, Kent J. Desormeaux

best race of the day IMHO. Mr. Umphrey has speed, as does praying for cash. Foggy's boy Benny the bull is back and in full effect.

Cobalt blue iMHO always should have been sprinting.

with tha tsaid... I don't know. this is not an easy race to handicap. I would install Mach Ride as the fav.. mach ride beat the 2nd best sprinter in the country last year fabolous strike (who might have very well been the b est, we will never know) and fablolous strike tore apart a field better than this.

however I think everyone else will have that opinion so why i like him to win if he's too low, you got chop chop on high standards, and I would take a long hard look at mr. umphrey. if there is something that horse has it is speed. can't carry it for hell, but he has speed.
"When the solution is simple, God is answering.”
- Einstein

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:35 pm

Bushwacker. Liked him in his last race.

bdw0617
Darley line

Postby bdw0617 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:52 pm

okay let's dance :D

after handicapping this race, getting my elbows in it (feels good after a layoff), forget mach ride and benny B. I'm going with Tropical Storm.

I like Mach Rides last race, but he runs his best in slop or an off track which that last one was...

Benny the Bull hasn't raced since the end of november of last year... class is there but in a sprint like this I don't like layoff horses

I also like Bushwaker.. in fact i might play an exacta, however last race was december 2nd.. damn game race but nevertheless

tropical storm has won 2 in a row and his last sprint, while he didn't win by 10 or antyhing, he was pressed to the T every step of the race, didn't get one breake and when he got tired of playing around with the horses he took off and the race was over. what more can you want? and thoose were no spring chickens in that race.. some decent talent.. scat theif and others. plus he looks so relaxed when he's out there.

I know beucase his last two races weren't graded he wont' go off as the fav, espically with bigger names in the field.. .at 6-7 ish to one i'm all over him.

- Einstein

Rokeby Forever
Darley line

Postby Rokeby Forever » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:01 am

bdw0617 wrote:Benny the Bull hasn't raced since the end of november of last year... class is there but in a sprint like this I don't like layoff horses

BDW - if you gamble professionally and throw out Dutrow layoffs, you'd better find a graveyard shift job to support yourself. Off a 60-90 day layoff, Dutrow is the BEST trainer in the country - I guess it takes that long for the active ingredients to kick in. You don't think his horses just sit in a stall collecting dust, do you?
What synthetics are to California racing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gb0mxcpPOU

Ill-bred
Starters Handicap

Postby Ill-bred » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:18 pm

Rokeby Forever wrote:
bdw0617 wrote:Benny the Bull hasn't raced since the end of november of last year... class is there but in a sprint like this I don't like layoff horses

BDW - if you gamble professionally and throw out Dutrow layoffs, you'd better find a graveyard shift job to support yourself. Off a 60-90 day layoff, Dutrow is the BEST trainer in the country - I guess it takes that long for the active ingredients to kick in. You don't think his horses just sit in a stall collecting dust, do you?

Agree on the intermediate layoff. That gives the horse a break and Dutrow time to work his magic.

The key language to watch out for is when Dutrow says he fixed a horse's hind end. That usually equals massive improvement.

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:29 pm

geowarrior wrote:Bushwacker. Liked him in his last race.

Liked him for years. Amazing speed out of the gate. He could cross over to the rail, outside post or not, before the others have seen the gate open. :D
All shouting does is make you lose your voice.
----Arrested Development

Foggytrip
Grade III Winner

Postby Foggytrip » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:51 pm

Those horses cant beat Benny the Bull, hes the best sprinter in the country

Ill-bred
Starters Handicap

Postby Ill-bred » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:12 pm

It's been pretty tough to close at Gulfstream at times this meet.

bdw0617
Darley line

Postby bdw0617 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:25 pm

dutrow is great on layoffs.. and how come it is when I make statements like you do I get banned but it's okay to throw them at me? anyway that's for another day.

shoot I'm damned if I don't handicap races here because i'm ovbiously making crap up as I go along. I'm damned if I do because I don't pick the horse you like and i'm a big poo poo head and get blasted and named called for it.

this forum is for the expression of opinions. instead of blasting me for my picks why not ask more questions? instead of thinking that you (or me myself) are the barers of all that is handicapping, why not use words to learn not chastize.

I will never in a public forum chastize a person for their opinion on a horse race. but apparanty I need to get a job in a land fill

I have principales I go by and they don't let me down. I don't bet sprinters in stakes races on 2 month layoffs unless that sprinter is named ghostzapper. throw stats out the window, the dynamics of it don't make sense to me and therefore I will toss him. iMHO he is giong to need a racde to beat this field. Good horse, not taking anythihng away from him

BUT let's keep in mind what we are saying. I am not just trying to pick the winner. i'm tryhing ot make money. don't confuse the two. I don't want to take a 2 month layoff horse going into an extremely tough sprint, at what... 3 to 1? he's going to be down there that's value. if I were going for j ust the best horse on paper I'd go with mach ride and leave it at that.

foggy i'm not even going to touch the best sprinter in the country..

actually I am because I am sick and damn tired of you pushing this damn hosre down our throats.

you know who the bestg sprinter in the country is?

MIDNITE LUTE!! BVECAUSE HE HAS A ECLIPSE AWARD FOR BEST SPRINTER IN THE COUNTRY

Fablous Strike is a better sprinter than he. Daheer is a better sprinter than he is. Mach ride has a strong arguement. So does Smokey Stover

Is he a GOOD sprinter. Darn tootin. all class... hell i even like him. but what I won't let you do is sit here and tell everyone he is the best damn sprinter in the country when he's not.

- Einstein

Foggytrip
Grade III Winner

Postby Foggytrip » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:52 pm

He doesnt need to be 10 back Ill Bred, I think youll see him sit about 4 off. Hes just much better than anything in that race. BDW, whether you want to believe it or not Midnight lute will not beat him if they ever run against each other again, and they will meet in the Met. When they do he wont like it.

You are entitled to your opinion

bdw0617
Darley line

Postby bdw0617 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:13 pm

agree to disagree as always

- Einstein

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:51 am

bdw0617

First, if you do not use PP's how do you know Mach Ride is the best horse on paper?

Second, Foggytrip is entitled to an opinion as to who the best sprinter in America is, just as you are and for the record the Eclipse award for Midnite Lute was for the best sprinter in 2007, 2008 has yet to be decided.

Third, who are you to say you are not going to let anybody speak out on the forum, you can disagree, have a different opinion, cuss all you want, which incidently reflects your age and an apparent attempt to strengthen your opinions. A statement such as "It may be your opinion, but" goes a long way to keeping the posts civil.

Lastly, any losing bet is never a good bet, what you could win if you were correct will not give you a profit.

DDT

Rokeby Forever
Darley line

Postby Rokeby Forever » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:11 pm

bdw0617 wrote:dutrow is great on layoffs.. and how come it is when I make statements like you do I get banned but it's okay to throw them at me? anyway that's for another day.

What did I write...that you'd better find a 2nd job if you bet against Dutrow layoffs? Stop whining, BDW....it's not allowed in the Handicapping section. LOL!

If I wrote, "BDW, how f***** stupid can you be? Doesn't your peabrain know that Dutrow is great with layoffs?," then you'd have a case. So....shaddap!

I think by the end of the year, Bennie The Bull will prove to be the best sprinter in the country. A full year of Dutrow magic should do the trick. Just ask Silver Train, Silver Wagon, Sis City, Kip Deville, Saint Liam......

Ill-bred wrote:The key language to watch out for is when Dutrow says he fixed a horse's hind end. That usually equals massive improvement.
Ill Bred - you're 100% right. I've read Dutrow say over and over how he's changed a horse's back shoes and it helped the stifles. I guess he's the only trainer in NY that knows how to improve a hind end. :roll:

bdw0617
Darley line

Postby bdw0617 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:29 pm

DDT wrote:bdw0617

First, if you do not use PP's how do you know Mach Ride is the best horse on paper?

Second, Foggytrip is entitled to an opinion as to who the best sprinter in America is, just as you are and for the record the Eclipse award for Midnite Lute was for the best sprinter in 2007, 2008 has yet to be decided.

Third, who are you to say you are not going to let anybody speak out on the forum, you can disagree, have a different opinion, cuss all you want, which incidently reflects your age and an apparent attempt to strengthen your opinions. A statement such as "It may be your opinion, but" goes a long way to keeping the posts civil.

Lastly, any losing bet is never a good bet, what you could win if you were correct will not give you a profit.

DDT

'

best horse on paper is a phrase, i went back and watched his races, not like I haven't seen them already.

yes he is entitled to his however when I post mine I get bombarded. plus this benny the bull thing goes back about 6 months, when midnight lute made him look like a claimer and he still refuses to believe that maybe benny the bull isn't the best sprinter in the country

- Einstein

Rokeby Forever
Darley line

Postby Rokeby Forever » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:46 pm

BDW - about six months ago when Foggy started talking up Benny The Bull, you were talking up Flying First Class. Where is he?