risen star

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

Rokeby Forever
Darley line

Postby Rokeby Forever » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:49 pm

I've got a Rick Violette story, but you'll have to PM me for it...it's one of those stories.
What synthetics are to California racing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gb0mxcpPOU

ageecee
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby ageecee » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:51 pm

i want to hear it..

bdw0617
Darley line

Postby bdw0617 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:55 pm

please do tell roke. what happens in PQ stays in PQ
"When the solution is simple, God is answering.”
- Einstein

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:20 pm

Rokeby Forever wrote:I've got a Rick Violette story, but you'll have to PM me for it...it's one of those stories.

Come on, leave tricky alone, Roke....give the guy some credit for overcoming his speech impedament so he could become the NY trainers fearless leader:>) TJ

Shergar
Starters Handicap

Postby Shergar » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:22 pm

Hello All:

Just a few final thoughts of mine on the Risen Star.

Pyro did what a good race hoss is supposed to do. He overcame trouble to easily beat a field he was expected to beat.

The final time wasn't anything to write home about. However Pyro finished the race in a fast closing time. I have always said, its not how you start, but how you finish that counts.

Is Pyro the next super horse? Right now I say no, but he did something I like to see in a new 3yo. To Wit: Making a strong run through traffic. A trait that could serve him well on the 1st Saturday in May.

Is Pyro my pick for the Derby? Of course not now. (I have no favourite now. Way, way too early to settle on anything.) A lot more racing to come to make any early predictions.

I am just going to enjoy what he did and let things unfold the next few months. Lots of good 3yo races to enjoy.

All the best,
Shergar

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:30 pm

Shergar wrote:Hello All:

Just a few final thoughts of mine on the Risen Star.

Pyro did what a good race hoss is supposed to do. He overcame trouble to easily beat a field he was expected to beat.

The final time wasn't anything to write home about. However Pyro finished the race in a fast closing time. I have always said, its not how you start, but how you finish that counts.

Is Pyro the next super horse? Right now I say no, but he did something I like to see in a new 3yo. To Wit: Making a strong run through traffic. A trait that could serve him well on the 1st Saturday in May.

Is Pyro my pick for the Derby? Of course not now. (I have no favourite now. Way, way too early to settle on anything.) A lot more racing to come to make any early predictions.

I am just going to enjoy what he did and let things unfold the next few months. Lots of good 3yo races to enjoy.

All the best,
Shergar

Hey Shergar,
I'll drink to that:>) TJ