e-mail, pm...

General discussions about the technical aspects of the site -- generating reports, reading reports, uploading information, forum techniques, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy

Thunder
Allowance Winner

e-mail, pm...

Postby Thunder » Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:22 pm

How do I insert my e-mail address, pm and emoticoms?

Sam
Chef de Race: Intermediate

Re: e-mail, pm...

Postby Sam » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:03 pm

Thunder wrote:How do I insert my e-mail address, pm and emoticoms?

To make them available to the public?

For inserting an email address and off list instant message contact (AIMs/ICQ/MSN Messenger/Yahoo Messenger) so others can contact you privately off list:

At the top of the window (just below the Google ads) there are 5 hyperlinks, one of which says "Profile". Click it :wink:

The first section will be titled "Registration information" and have your username below it with 4 boxes -- one will already have your email in it -- and three open boxes to take steps to change you password. DO NOT TOUCH THOSE UNLESS YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR LOGIN PASSWORD.

The section immediately below that is for your profile information -- things like attaching signature lines automatically to all posts and filling likes/hobbies et al out. Anything you list there will be seen by the public.

The first four boxes are for instant messenger contact IDs. Just plug in the appropriate ID (and make sure you hit 'submit' at the bottom) and a button will start appearing at the bottom of all of your posts. Then someone only has to click it to open their program and contact you -- for instance "SamPiper" in the AIM box creates a button at the bottom of all my posts to IM me through AOL's instant message programs.

To get emoticons to appear in a message:

When you are in the "Post a reply" screen, leave the cursor where you want the emoticon to appear and then arrow the face in the box on the left that you want to insert and left click it.

If they aren't showing up, you need to go into your profile and go down to the preferences section (just below the profile) and click "yes" where it says Always enable Smilies:.

You also might want to click "yes" for the Always allow BBCode: and Always allow HTML: options. Those will allow set the options to let you see text that written in colour, bolded, italicized et al.

Thunder
Allowance Winner

Postby Thunder » Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:00 pm

Thank you, Sam :wink:

Sam
Chef de Race: Intermediate

Postby Sam » Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:35 pm

Thunder wrote:Thank you, Sam :wink:

No prob. Yer welcome.

reenci
Grade II Winner

Postby reenci » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:31 pm

:wink: hey now i know how to do it.....oh my....... duh....thanks.

Thunder
Allowance Winner

Postby Thunder » Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:13 pm

reenci were both Maiden Special Weights-Now lets get to the derby! :lol: