Who are you racing this year!

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

StealingKat
Allowance Winner

Who are you racing this year!

Postby StealingKat » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:18 pm

I am sure there are quite a few proud parents out there . Who are your newest babies to make debuts this year. Let's not be shy! :D
Always bet on the grey!!

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:31 pm

Funny thing, I have a Committisize 2yr old out of a Wajima mare but he is a sweet horse with a longish frame still in the "ugly duckling" stage. The Stallion sons of Explodent throw more Turf horses than dirt and he is not a commercial sire in fact he now stands in Alberta. He is a blue grey so he is called Ballyblue and if he comes around he could show up in the fall but thats a long way off.

Ryeno
Allowance Winner

Postby Ryeno » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:40 pm

Hey Wilf,

Did you ever get a chance to see Commitisize?I was intrigued that he is standing in Alberta this year and we have got a whole bunch of new stallions in these parts(BC,WA,AB) including Captain Bodgit,Alydeed,Brunswick,Flying Chevron,Commitisize,the one I mentioned Polish,Polish Gift,Perfect Score among many others and there are lots of options in these parts that have never been offered before.

Ryeno
"The easiest way to end up with a million dollars in the horseracing business is to start with 3 million!"

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:56 pm

Unfortunately I did not but he was a running machine who ground out $777000 from 2 thru 5 in graded stakes all over the place on turf and dirt. Once again he is not your Kentucky-style commercial stallion so hopefully he will get a chance up north. The only drawback is the lack of turf racing opportunities out there.I felt the same when Dixieland Brass went to BC as I came across a few of them in Ont and they were grass running fools.

dray33
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby dray33 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:19 pm

I have a couple of 2 year olds I'm really excited about.... my Broad Brush/Omi filly, and Unbridled's Song/Starboard Tack filly. New owner, so this all this waiting is TOUGH. :shock:

LSB
Grade II Winner

Postby LSB » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:44 pm

I have two: one possible debut and one hopefully coming back for a second try.

Timeless Forest (Forestry x Biding Time by Seeking the Gold) made her debut as a 2 year old in a MSW last November at Churchill, before being sidelined by illness. She's just now getting back to work, we're hoping she might be ready to start again by late spring.

History (Coronado's Quest x Colonial Review by Pleasant Colony) is a two year old who's coming home from the training center, where she went to be broken, this week. We'll turn her out for 5-6 months then reassess. This is a filly that's going to need some time (her siblings have raced well at 4 and 5) and she's probably more likely to make her first start in 2006.

dray33
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby dray33 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:50 pm

LSB: Good luck with the Forestry, I hope she fully recovers and wins the Triple Crown! 8) You deserve it! By the way, the picture of TIMELESS FOREST on this site is exceptional!

edaselro
Weanling

Postby edaselro » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:53 pm

Have a three year old running next Wednesday named Love This Red. Has been working decently and debuts for $40k tag.

reenci
Grade II Winner

Postby reenci » Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:42 pm

Ryeno wrote:Hey Wilf,

Did you ever get a chance to see Commitisize?I was intrigued that he is standing in Alberta this year and we have got a whole bunch of new stallions in these parts(BC,WA,AB) including Captain Bodgit,Alydeed,Brunswick,Flying Chevron,Commitisize,the one I mentioned Polish,Polish Gift,Perfect Score among many others and there are lots of options in these parts that have never been offered before.

Ryeno
ive got a captain bodgit yearling filly bred in NY.the market in this area say's im wrong. well we will just wait & see i guess and wait for the race's with his 2 NY crop's. im happy with what i got .this might be canada's gain.

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:59 pm

Edaselro: Good luck to you next week!

As for our horses, Sassie and Pint will be back, but we're going to try to find a new owner/new job for Cometes.

We have a 3YO that we're pretty excited about; no reason he shouldn't be racing this year.

We also have 3 2YOs... I don't know what we'll do with them. We're in no hurry to rush a horse as a 2YO, but all 3 of these look really good; and one of them is our "special guy" that we've been hanging a lot of hopes on, so we may try to get him to the track in the Fall.

StealingKat
Allowance Winner

Postby StealingKat » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:05 pm

good luck to everyone who has babies running! It truely is an exciting time of year! I just saw a robin today and boy is that ever good luck!!!
Always bet on the grey!!

LSB
Grade II Winner

Postby LSB » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:08 pm

dray, I took that picture on the day we bought her last year. I posted it on another BB and I assume someone moved it here, because I didn't and I have a lot of better ones I would use instead if I could.

I think only subscribers can add pictures though? If I'm wrong about that, someone please correct me.

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:34 pm

Nope... anyone can add a picture! Go for it! :wink:

Pie™
2yo Maiden

Postby Pie™ » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:46 pm

I've got two NYBred 3YO's this year...a Spectacular Bid and a Personal Flag. Both did nicely over the summer when they were professionally broke, the one needed more time to mature and was a little fractious under saddle. I sent them off to the training farm over the winter to get 100 days under their belts, and they'll be picked up and shipped to Finger Lakes mid to end of March. I'm hoping, if they continue to do as well as what I'm being told now, that they'll race before the summer is over. Funny, but the one that was fractious, is doing wonderfully (so I'm told) but they're only 6 1/2 weeks into it, so we'll wait and see.

Of the ones I've bred- I've got a nice 2YO colt in California that I'm told is doing unbelievably well, another 2YO in Arkansas that is doing very well, and a 4YO that should be coming back to the track in 2005 in NY. And then there's the 4YO in Illinois that just had back luck - bucked as a late 2YO after months of training, came back as a 3YO, raced a few times and did nothing - only to find out he had a hair line fracture and was out til this year - when last I heard, the owner said he was going to try him again.

Ramona
Allowance Winner

Postby Ramona » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:23 pm

I have a 3-year old Petersburg filly to go this year and a Dixieland Brass 4-year old to give another try. Probably not as well bred as the rest on here, but I'm hoping....