Who are you racing this year!

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Denise
Restricted Stakes Winner

Racing this year

Postby Denise » Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:46 am

We've got our 6yo. Polish Numbers mare returning for another season (she had a good year last year), plus, like Pie, 2 NY bred 3yos., both fillies, one by Abaginone and one by Subordination. We also have a 5yo. You and I mare who may still race, and we're proud to have our first homebred, a 2yo. gelding by Unbridled Jet who *COULD* start as early as the fall. Still to be determined.

briarhalo
Allowance Winner

Postby briarhalo » Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:26 am

I have my orphan colt starting this year. Not maybe as well bred as others here but he sure has heart! Name is Briar's Legacy, probably won't start until a little later in the season as he is pretty big and a little gangly at this point. Good luck to all, I know I am getting excited!!!

LSB
Grade II Winner

Postby LSB » Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:39 am

Thanks for letting me know, Roguelet! I probably just did it wrong last time. I'll try again.

henthorn
Eclipse Champion

Postby henthorn » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:51 am

Church Law is my 5yo maiden gelding, coming back from a verrryy long layoff, and in training in TX with John Locke at Sam Houston. Dreams for Hire is my tough little 2yo TX-bred filly, back in training to join C.L. later this spring, hopefully. Both are pictured in the database.
Rocking H

JimP
Allowance Winner

Postby JimP » Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:10 pm

Hi Guys,

I have a 5 year old mare named Bonnie J who just had her first start after a short layoff. I have two 3 years that are just starting to gallop.

JimP :D :D

Nicki
Suckling

Postby Nicki » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:39 pm

My only 2 yo so far is named Mondenschein (Brahms-See Moon, Deputy Minister). I'm fielding a few offers from some big name people and will defintely retain full breeding rights if I do start to partner up with someone. So far, everything is looking at a very talented filly who should like the turf and dirt.

Elusive City
Allowance Winner

Postby Elusive City » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:44 pm

Got a 2 year old Elusive Quality gelding Palance Intrigue.

Crossing our fingers for a couple of starts this fall. Otherwise the spring of next year.

Gerry
Grade II Winner

Postby Gerry » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:23 pm

Well as much as I wanted to dedicate myself to our mares and stallions only; there have been changes so this year (fingers crossed) we will be running 2 colts by Full Quiver, filly by Awad, and 2 colts by Allawinir. My Spectacular Bid and Family Callings that have been sold should also be running this year so it will be a fun and exciting year and my email should be full of DRF notices :D

Green Hills
Starters Handicap

Re: Who are you racing this year!

Postby Green Hills » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:52 am

StealingKat wrote:I am sure there are quite a few proud parents out there . Who are your newest babies to make debuts this year. Let's not be shy! :D

This year Kristali, Sundrop and hopefully Cat In The Tree will hit the track for the first time.

Plus: Save The Profit, Coded Princess, Two Step Kid, Spotlight, and Star Celebrity will probably run one more race before visiting Belong To Me. Oh yeah and Wild Evasion...if we keep him.
Last edited by Green Hills on Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BenB
Sophomore Sire

Who are you racing.

Postby BenB » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:14 pm

Racing one, a four year old filly. Last season as a 3 year old she won one, placed two times. On turf distances 9-11 furlong
Hopefully starting with a prep late february
On this picture taken in the spring as an unfurnished late maturing 3 year old

Ben
Last edited by BenB on Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

briarhalo
Allowance Winner

Postby briarhalo » Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:28 pm

hey, how do you add those pics? Or are they called Avatars? Computer dummie here......lol

BenB
Sophomore Sire

who are you racing

Postby BenB » Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:48 pm

It took me some time, with a result that is a tenth of real picture.
Take a photo software, replace the seize, and the number of pixels.
Save as
then picking it up from where you store it as asked down under your profile by avatar, and click on it. I used a GIF for it, but there must be better ways
Ben

briarhalo
Allowance Winner

Postby briarhalo » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:22 pm

Well it worked and didn't take me all day.......lol. Thanks Ben for telling me how. Just a pic of my orphan at 1 year old.
Claire

patrick
Maiden Special Weight

Postby patrick » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:00 am

My team for 2005 includes:

1. SPEED RULES - a 3yo who is training under John Sadler at Santa Anita

2. TIGER SLEW - classy claimer jumpimg back to ALW company at Sunland

3. TOO BUSY RIGHT NOW - a 3 yo KISSIN KRIS in VERY light traiing now. He shows lots of promise so I will kick him out at the end of Febuary then bring him back in 60 days.

4. EGO JUST PLAIN EGO. a 3yo Indiana bred filly. In trainging now but trainer says dont expect to see her with a blanket of roses on her back in May.

5. KISSIN TY - a 4yo KISSIN KRIS who won a minor stake last year but needed a break. He gets 90 off then back to work.

6. Cassidy LOVES YOU - a nice guy who broke his maiden in special company at Santa Anita but then went down hill. He's on vacation too.

the rest of the crew (all claimers):

HIGH CONCEPT
MAC"S GOLDEN LAD
SPRING ACT
MAJOR FOCUS
Smokester's PRIDE

Donations for my crushing training bills may be forwarded to me directly!!! :idea:

brooke
Allowance Winner

Postby brooke » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:13 pm

my first tb foals are due this spring, but ive got a couple of appendix and QH 2yr. old running soon.

DDD CASH EM- makes first start on FEB. 12 at the LOS ALAMITOS 3 yr old maiden stakes trial. ( lots of plans for this guy) were heading out to cali in a couple of days to let him settle in!

Im luke- headed for the first day at ALB. NM

KNOW EASY- will hopefully make a couple of starts in june then head for the Senor' futurity at ALB. downs

And my personal favorite BUSTIN GLASS- headed for the senorita futurity and the PCQHRA Futurity. this filly is training just amazingly she stand s right at 16.1 hands and has some more motor.

just cant wait till those TBs hit the ground though
There will be discouraging times. But a life without horses;
Now that's discouraging.