Zulu Dancer

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Bill from WA
Breeder's Cup Contender

Zulu Dancer

Postby Bill from WA » Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:13 pm

Hi all

Zulu Dancer, the result of one of my breeding recommendations, broke his maiden today at Golden Gate Fields in his second lifetime start. He ran 5th in his first start after breaking slowly. Much more professional today. Basket Weave is the sire x Tootie by Zulu Tom. Bred by Lisa Ramsey (Chestnut Acres Farm). Trained by Ed Moger, and owned by Ed and several others. Dancer was a WTBA Summer Sale Yearling.

Bill
Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is like a broken winged bird that cannot fly.

Langston Hughes

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:41 pm

Always nice to see success, particularly for someone who deserves it. Congratulations on your role in helping make a winner!
"A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher...You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse." C. S. Lewis

Bill from WA
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Bill from WA » Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:45 pm

Thanks Mahubah

This guy has a special place in my heart. He was such a little character when he was a weanling. He followed me around like a puppy. Ed Moger has done a marvelous job with him. Very patient. Glad Ed bought him.

Bill
Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is like a broken winged bird that cannot fly.

Langston Hughes

yukidragon
Starters Handicap

Postby yukidragon » Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:07 pm

Congratulations :D
May there be many more to come.

kimberley mine
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby kimberley mine » Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:32 pm

Zulu dancing is extremely active and energetic, with frequent jumps, leaps, and high kicks. In a sense, it is more like a martial art than a dance.

It's nice to hear that Zulu Dancer, the horse, is living up to the standards of Zulu dancing.

LSB
Grade II Winner

Postby LSB » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:01 pm

Congratulations on your part in his success! I hope he wins many more.

Ramona
Allowance Winner

Postby Ramona » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:51 pm

Yay, Bill. Congrats!

EO
Weanling

Zulu Dancer

Postby EO » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:03 pm

Congratulations Bill, "you done good". I told Weaver about both his winners today. He feels like a million bucks and looks great. Already checkin' out the young chicks. Told him to forget it for a while, it too cold. I don't think he is listening to me. :wink: EO
Little King Ranch
Home Of Basket Weave
Top Account
And The Buzz Horses

reenci
Grade II Winner

Re: Zulu Dancer

Postby reenci » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:35 pm

Bill from WA wrote:Hi all

Zulu Dancer, the result of one of my breeding recommendations, broke his maiden today at Golden Gate Fields in his second lifetime start. He ran 5th in his first start after breaking slowly. Much more professional today. Basket Weave is the sire x Tootie by Zulu Tom. Bred by Lisa Ramsey (Chestnut Acres Farm). Trained by Ed Moger, and owned by Ed and several others. Dancer was a WTBA Summer Sale Yearling.

Bill
thats what i really love about this game, so many people and little details that culminate in the end product...good job.

BenB
Sophomore Sire

zulu dancer

Postby BenB » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:55 am

Bill, great for beeiing in partly ( breeding recommandation). Hopes he will have more succes.
Ben

Ryeno
Allowance Winner

Postby Ryeno » Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:47 am

Congrats Bill!

Ryeno
"The easiest way to end up with a million dollars in the horseracing business is to start with 3 million!"

certifiedgirl
Maiden Special Weight

Postby certifiedgirl » Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:23 am

Congrats Bill- and please pass my congratulations on to Lisa as well! Karen

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:46 am

Way to go, Bill!

Wanna come plan a mating for me??? :lol:

Tairaterces
Grade III Winner

Re: Zulu Dancer

Postby Tairaterces » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:14 am

Bill from WA wrote:Hi all

Bill

Congratulations Bill, Zulu Dancer looked awesome in his win.

T
"and Secretariat let no one down on the unforgettable afternoon of June 9, 1973, when he ran a hole in the wind"
~Bob Ehalt~

Avatar: Istabraq (Sadler's Wells x Betty's Secret by Secretariat) Champion Hurdler

Bill from WA
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Bill from WA » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:35 am

Thanks all

He is a very good looking individual, well conformed. I was lucky enough to have $50 to win on him at 10 to 1. He came into the race off a bullet work. The track was off. His dam, Tootie, had 4 starts on an off track, winning 3 and runiing 2nd in the other start. Look at his pedigree and check out the number of starts both his sire and dam achieved. Tootie will be having one more baby this year (Tribunal) and then she's retiring to a life of leisure. She deserves it, she was a tough one on the track.

Bill

Langston Hughes