RIP Lipstick Kiss

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

StealingKat
Allowance Winner

RIP Lipstick Kiss

Postby StealingKat » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:46 am

Got a call the other day that our sweet girl had to be put down. She died a horrible death and I am greatly saddened at this turn of events. The officers involved in the case will be giving me more information as the investigation continues.

I am left with the thoughts of how could this happen?
How can this type of thing be prevented?
What could have been done to help before this situation became out of control.
How do those of us who board horses across the country no without a doubt our animals are being cared for?

I did all the right things, i got references, i talked to people who had purchased horses there. I'm just very sad and confused
Always bet on the grey!!

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:25 pm

YIKES!! Where was she and what happened?? :cry:
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:37 pm

See this thread Madelyn ... :(

http://www.pedigreequery.com/forum/view ... hp?t=21709

I am SO sorry once again. I dont know how that individual can continue posting on here like nothing is wrong either ...

Are charges being laid? Hopefully??? :x
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds & Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold - 16.1hh cremello TB stallion - CSHA and AQHA, APHA, ApHC listed

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:38 pm

StealingKat, I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

Where were the mares being boarded when they were in NY? People who would treat horses like that don't deserve the luxury of anonimity.

nferro9925
Grade III Winner

Postby nferro9925 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:29 pm

StealingKat - I am so very sorry about your girl. :(

I do hope those that are respeonsible for her death are brought to task for it.

serenarider
Allowance Winner

Postby serenarider » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:17 am

Yikes. I am also very sorry for your loss:(

KMO_racing
Allowance Winner

So Sorry!

Postby KMO_racing » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:53 am

It is a total shame that these farms don't get in trouble.
I know, I had mares located in LA with a farm that promised the they would do everything to take good care of my mares and foal babies. Well one of my mares colic the day after I brought her home her baby went down the following day from being so infested with parasites & was so sick the vet did't think she was going to make it , but she s a fighter and she did.
I had inspected the farm it was older needed fense work, but they had just bought it and were suppose to replace the fenses You can't have 100+ mares on 11 acres and everything ok. Thats a breeding ground for disease. . The farm took too many horses on and didn't follow through with more farm help didn' repair anything on the farm, . Mares foaled in fields with no one there, the field they were in was 20 miles away. iwas the owner of 1 dead foal, 1 of my partners had another dead foal and 5 mares were open were never even covered...... Conditions were bad. They don't think anything is wrong. There ads are fantastic, they are still boarding mares. Yes, they have lost a lot of business, but they needed to. Much more just can't say it all. For more info either IM me or call. 318-847-4170
Thanks,

Kathy

StealingKat
Allowance Winner

Postby StealingKat » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:07 am

i will never know what happened. But I am not about to fling mud everywhere until i have all the facts about everything. The officers that called said that it was worse than i ever could imagine. Until I have more facts I really have nothing to go on. I was told yesterday that the surviving horses have been relocated and they are safe. I will wait for the police report to decide if there will be any further action
Always bet on the grey!!

Barbaro06
Grade I Winner

Postby Barbaro06 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:50 pm

My condolences SK...my heart goes out to you.

Yes, wait until all the facts are in/final report before taking the next step.

Take care!
A horse gallops with his lungs
Perseveres with his heart
And wins with his character. --Tesio

foothillsequine
Allowance Winner

Postby foothillsequine » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:09 pm

StealingKat wrote:i will never know what happened. But I am not about to fling mud everywhere until i have all the facts about everything. The officers that called said that it was worse than i ever could imagine. Until I have more facts I really have nothing to go on. I was told yesterday that the surviving horses have been relocated and they are safe. I will wait for the police report to decide if there will be any further action

A very wise decision in such a difficult and emotional circumstance. I am very sorry for your loss, and hope that all comes out in your favour.
~Dare to Dream~

pokeyman
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby pokeyman » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:23 am

My sincere condolences......{hugs}

erins isle
Grade III Winner

Postby erins isle » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:44 am

I'm so sorry for you, I know how it feels.
The more I get to know people, the more I love animals.

summerhorse
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby summerhorse » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:34 pm

I'm so sorry for you loss and I hope that the people pay for it. I know who it is and I was shocked, never thought that would come from them. We just never know when people are going to flake out, esp in the horse world it seems. I've seen it happen so many times.
Every mighty oak was once an acorn that stood its ground.

myheartsezyes
Maiden Special Weight

Re: RIP Lipstick Kiss

Postby myheartsezyes » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:37 pm

StealingKat wrote:Got a call the other day that our sweet girl had to be put down. She died a horrible death and I am greatly saddened at this turn of events. The officers involved in the case will be giving me more information as the investigation continues.

I am left with the thoughts of how could this happen?
How can this type of thing be prevented?
What could have been done to help before this situation became out of control.
How do those of us who board horses across the country no without a doubt our animals are being cared for?

I did all the right things, i got references, i talked to people who had purchased horses there. I'm just very sad and confused

Kat, I am so sorry for your loss, I am Awestruck right now. If this is the same farm I just got my dog;s fast track from the owner. She had a stallion a few years back that my boss trained. I gave her a bit of advice on how to handle him. He was difficult. I can't believe this happened. I only can say that here in Florida the horses have to be starving before they step in and help. I had a lady who was having a difficult time and I called the spca they couldn't do nothing unless the horses started looking starved. I am so so sorry this happened to your horse.

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:36 pm

SK, I too am very sorry to hear about Lipstick Kiss. It is so scary to think these people conned alot of good horse people like they did. We will never know or understand what was going on at that farm because 99% of "us" are just who we are, normal people who 100% love our animals. What they did was inconceivable to us. It is sad and shocking. Sending you a mental hug, Diane