UPDATE 12/20 I FOUND OUT HER SIRES NAME AND PREVIOUS OWNER

Ask members to help you find horse pictures, past performances, past owners/trainers, or tracks where a horse won it's last race.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy, Diane

ilovejumpers
Weanling

UPDATE 12/20 I FOUND OUT HER SIRES NAME AND PREVIOUS OWNER

Postby ilovejumpers » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:36 am

2004 filly - can't find pedigree, was told this was the name of the mare I acquired last year. Any info anyone has here would be great. Breeder, trainer, etc. I know she never raced, she has no tattoo.

Last edited by ilovejumpers on Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:13 pm

I tried searching for the name Calypsos Callie, and five or six different possible spellings, and unfortunately had no luck. Sorry!

It's possible there's another variant that I missed, but it's also possible that her registration wasn't completed. Hard to say for sure.

Good luck! :)

ilovejumpers
Weanling

Postby ilovejumpers » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:23 pm

It is listed as a registered name with the Jockey Club but that's all I know.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:00 pm

Yes, there is an entry "Calypso's Callie" in the online names book however there is no 2004 horse registered with that name.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

ilovejumpers
Weanling

Postby ilovejumpers » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:22 am

So does that mean she was never registered? Is there no way to find out her parentage from the name given?

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:26 am

Interesting puzzle. I don't know for sure but it would seem there are a few possibilities:

1. That is not her name.

2. She was registered that way but was sold without pedigree and the papers turned in to the JC so they have no record of her anymore.

I'd have to go with #1, though, because that name does not appear at all in the APR which is the published record of all TB's born in North America.

So no, there is no horse by that name, no pedigree, no ancestry.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

ilovejumpers
Weanling

Postby ilovejumpers » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:27 am

Kallistos was the other name I was told it could be. I'm so confused, I think I'm being given the run around. I really wanted to use her as a warmblood broodmare but can't without history. AHHHH!! Her barn name was Cally/Kally?? She was owned/raced by G. Iacovacci if that helps. She's a Michigan bred I believe, not sure though.

sittinchilly
Suckling

Calypso's Callie

Postby sittinchilly » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:53 am

ilovejumpers, the best that i can do is - maybe i can point you in this direction -

she could be the 2004 foal by Williamstown out of Asaracket, by Protection Racket

as far as her breeding ... from the pic you posted she appears to be a grey, Williamstown is NOT a grey, so her dam would have to be ... if she IS Calypso's Callie - then she has a full-brother who is a two-year-old colt [foal of 2006] by the name of Racket Town - and he breezed twice at Saratoga just recently, both times a 3 furlong work ... once on July 23rd 2008 and also on July 30th 2008 ...

link to pedigree would be -

http://www.pedigreequery.com/racket+town

not sure if this info helps you ... maybe her name was changed to something else??? or her registration may not have been completed or ??? or ???

wish i could have been of more help to you ...

:(

good luck!

8)

sittinchilly
Suckling

Postby sittinchilly » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:57 am

oh, and also Racket Town was foaled in New York ...

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:22 am

In the 2005 APR Asaracket's (reg. as bay) produce record shows a 2004 filly named Calypso's Callie, color not given, registration noted as pending (which might explain why she's not in the index to foals). For whatever reason - and given the facts shown above it seems quite possible that DNA didn't match up (there's no way Williamstown & Asaracket could have produced a grey) - the registration was never completed, and there is nothing by the name of Calypso's Callie currently on file w/ the JC. (If both of her real parents were TB, it's always possible that her identity was straightened out and she's reg. under another name.)

photofinish
Allowance Winner

Postby photofinish » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:02 pm

I have some inside knowledge of the outfit you aquired your mare from...I am sorry to say you may never get it straightened out...Try to catch up with them at the Pinnacle meet in MI...It's your best shot, but not a very organized outfit..

ilovejumpers
Weanling

NEW INFO!!

Postby ilovejumpers » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:33 pm

After lots of digging and searching, I have finally found out my mare's sire is Artie Baby. Can anyone confirm that he had a 2004 gray filly? I still don't know her dam's name but this is a start. She was owned or trained by a man named Nick Lafleur before George and Kelly got a hold of her.

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:17 pm

Unfortunately, Artie Baby died in 2002, so there's no way he could have sired a 2004 filly. :( His last crop, in 2003, consisted of one dark bay colt.

Could he actually have been her dam's sire? Of the few daughters he has listed here, none have a 2004 filly....but he had 29 foals, and this database only lists four of them. It may have been one of the un-listed ones...

JimbleBrimble
Starters Handicap

Postby JimbleBrimble » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:33 pm

Well this is an odd thread...

Somebody started it without giving a horse name of any sort, and then someone else comes along and mysteriously targets a name, seemingly out of thin air.

So it inspired a moment of research here:

Firstly, sire Artie Baby WAS GREY, so any mare could have produced that foal.

Of greater interest is the pure coincidence (or not???) that Artie Baby sired a QUARTER HORSE foal named

"Calypso Red"

He, unfortunately, was a foal of 1991 and a GELDING.

I could only find about 25 named foals by Artie Baby.

So far there isn't enough information, mysterious or not, to help us solve your mystery.

Whoa... just read more down the thread...

"Calypso Red", the Quarter Horse, raced his whole brief career at Mount Pleasant Meadows... in Michigan !!

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:01 pm

JimbleBrimble wrote:Well this is an odd thread...
Somebody started it without giving a horse name of any sort, and then someone else comes along and mysteriously targets a name, seemingly out of thin air.

:lol:
Actually, I believe the horse's name was in the original thread title which has since been changed by the OP.