Online condition book for Turfway?

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Jessi P

Online condition book for Turfway?

Postby Jessi P » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:34 pm

Anyone know where it "really" is? The one you can get to from their site at http://www.turfway.com/racing/conditionbooks.html is not working for me to get to the individual dates and looking at the URLS hotlinked to the dates it isnt set up properly. Just wondering if there is another one online, esp since the "contact us" email on the page is not valid.

Thanks,
Jessi

patrick
Maiden Special Weight

Postby patrick » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:38 pm

Hi Jessi,

Good to see you on.

Turfway has the most poorly managed site in the biz. The link for the Feb index is working, but the one that shows individual days usually is not active until the first few days into the month.
FYI, I would n't spend too much time reading it. They(track not the jocks) cancel if there is a cloud in the sky.

Jessi P

Postby Jessi P » Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:09 am

Howdy Patrick,

Actually we have had many cancellations here as well, which is why we were looking at Turfway. From what you say it sounds as tho that may be an attempt in futility! I hate it when you have shipped to race, and they cancel when you have the horse in the paddock, saddled, awaiting the riders. This time of year our options other than Mnr are pretty much Beulah and Turfway, guess we could go to Penn.

Not racing at Mnr anymore?

J

patrick
Maiden Special Weight

Postby patrick » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:15 pm

Hi Jessi,

I decided to cut down during the winter at MNR because of the few racing dates and cancellations. I still have 5 horses there but none of them are much.

Turfway is a joke. I was there on Sunday to watch one of my 3 yos work. The track was PERFECT, and my horse and every other horse went over it great. The exercise rider ( a jock) said the track was very good.

15 minutes later they announced that the race card had been cancelled due to poor TRACK CONDITIONS. BUT, the track would remain open for training.

These guys dont want to run. They want to keep their dates but not have to pay purses. Today, the power went out for a short time early in the day. so of course they cancelled (but the OTB was open dont ya know!).

Honest to God next year I think we should get the best MNR guys (you, Bob G, Jen, Mike P etc) and go somewhere that would appreciate us. Those guys in No Cal would probably pay our hauling bills with all their 5 horse fields.

Good news is that Turfways online condition book is now working.