and the glitches keep piling up...can't update info

General discussions about the technical aspects of the site -- generating reports, reading reports, uploading information, forum techniques, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy

the Ol'Line Rebel
Maiden Special Weight

and the glitches keep piling up...can't update info

Postby the Ol'Line Rebel » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:42 pm

Hi again, I've run across a new problem (to me) 2x now; tonight I figure I better mention it.

E.g. TOM MCKENNEY. I put in the horse entry fine, but when I want to add info such as color, etc, it simply does not update it. No warning, no "locked"; just plain doesn't show when you call up the horse again, or try to edit again. So he gets no extra info further identifying him.

I also noticed that despite the fact no info shows for him either on his page or in the edit section, the edit-info section indeed shows it was "last updated" at such&such date (e.g., 11/21). Yes, but it fails to have saved it apparently, yet indicates it was so!

This happened with another horse earlier, and I just let it go. But it looks like this is yet another problem this DB is having.

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:03 pm

Yes, this has happened to me a few times, too. But happily, this one's usually temporary - give it a couple days and try again.

I've also had some luck getting around this adding info one field at a time, rather than all at once....but more often than not that doesn't work, and I just have to give it time.