White & flamboyant sires in England

Talk about equine color, markings, genetics, etc. Post pictures of flashy Thoroughbreds!

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jorge, Sunday Silence

Jorge

White & flamboyant sires in England

Postby Jorge » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:17 am

A few of our members would like to know
the name of any white Thoroughbred sire
available in England exclusively. In the
alternative, any loud flamboyant TB sire.

Hope we may find a few names.
Hmmm, is this a tough task? :shock:

Tonno100
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Tonno100 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:49 am

As I said in the thread about Pancake, Selkirk is probably the best example, and, in my opinion, is probably the best "flashy" stallion in the world - 21% of his runners are rated above 100 by Timeform.

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:46 pm

Remember My Name (Guaranteed Gold / Puchi Trap) will be arriving in the UK in late 2009 and will be available for breeding in Scotland in 2010.

He is a palomino & white sabino TB stallion standing just under 16hh now and he should mature in the 16.2-17hh range. His full sister - Faux Finish - is 17hh as a 4 year old ...

Here are some pictures we have taken of him in October 2008:

and:

and:

and some from a few days ago in the first snow of the year!

and:

This is a very nice, very correct colt with a ton of presence and athleticism and we all have high hopes for him in the future as a very valuable (and colourful!) stallion addition to the UK market ...

I can either be contacted for details - [email protected] or his owner - Lisa McLennan - can be contacted at: [email protected]
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds & Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold - 16.1hh cremello TB stallion - CSHA and AQHA, APHA, ApHC listed

summerhorse
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby summerhorse » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:14 pm

WOW, didn't he grow up nice!!
Every mighty oak was once an acorn that stood its ground.

color
Allowance Winner

Postby color » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:48 am

Great pictures Donna and he is a spitting image of Faux Finish just in Palomino and male edition.
http://www.gestuet-falkenhorst.com
Exceptional colored German WBs, TBs and Arabs

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:27 am

Its funny - I look at him in his paddock or his stall and think my God - he is SO beautiful - almost TOO pretty to be a boy! :)

He is getting the stallion like characteristics now and really developing through the topline and is going to be the most magnificent stallion in coming years. He is so damned special and yes color - he is literally a spitting image of Faux Finish, just in palomino instead of buckskin ... it is amazing to me how the Guaranteed Gold / Puchi Trap combination stamps every single one of their offspring with the same overall "look" ...

I keep telling his owner that one day she really does need to come over here and meet him and the full sister from 2008 in person - they are even nicer than their pictures show ...

We have our first booking to Remember My Name for 2009 as well which I am really pleased with. We are going to do very limited bookings with him in 2009 so that he has some foals hitting the ground in 2010 once he is home so the clients in Europe can see what he has produced over here as well

The intention is to also collect and store some frozen semen over here with me going forward, for North American use. Wont help (obviously!) if someone is looking to get a registerable TB foal by him but it will allow us to promote him and offer semen on *this* side of the ocean as well once he is over on the *other* side, for those clients wanting show prospects ...

Thanks for the nice comments on him. I am thrilled with what this combination produces time and time again ... :)
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds & Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold - 16.1hh cremello TB stallion - CSHA and AQHA, APHA, ApHC listed

angrovestud
Allowance Winner

Postby angrovestud » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:37 am

Hi Donna
He is truly a special boy and we would love to use him for 2 of our girls in 2010 I have two regular sabino white leggeds girls here at Angrove, both in foal for 2009 so they would be weaned off and ready to go to Scotland together for 2010
We want to find a suitable sire for Tosca next year if she comes into season, She is in foal now to Ricco due late June 2009 so if she does we want to find something like a max sabino or Overo.
A coloured leaving its mark
Angrove stud breeding your racing colours

I am dyslexic it can be funny!

color
Allowance Winner

Postby color » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:23 pm

I do have a maximum white Sabino colt (base color of him is Palomino), but he was just born in 2008 (Germany) so will not be available before 2010 either. He is by RFF The Alchemist out of Shew who is by Puchilingui. He may be sold by then though as I do have someone interested in him.

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:21 pm

Hi angrovestud - that would be fabulous if you feel some of your mares would cross well with the Remember My name colt! :) I love the plans you have for your breeding program going forward and I know that Lisa would be thrilled to have some of her stallions part of it as well ... :) And I have so much respect for the long term vision you have for your overall program ...

And who knows what the 2009 in utero Guaranteed Gold / Puchi Trap foal will be! ;) Lisa has also purchased that one, along with the 2011 Guaranteed Gold / RFF Pearlescent (perlino TB mare) as well ... so that one will 100% be a double dilute and the UK might be seeing the world's first perlino colt or the world first smoky cream foal of either sex as well ...
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

helen in FL
Starters Handicap

Postby helen in FL » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:31 pm

Remember My Name has to be here long enough for me to send a mare to him! I reeeeeeally want to have a foal by him because like you said, he is just like Chamois but in blonde boy form! And I can't steal Chamois from you no matter how hard I try lol!
I will have to email or call you about him.

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:47 pm

Well ... he IS here for 2009! So you can send a mare up to us next year ... ;)

Yeah - its uncanny how much alike he and Faux Finish look!

Here is his picture as a yearling:

and here is Faux Finish at the same age:

And the Chai Latte filly - as a yearling as well :

Just SO alike, all of them ...
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:46 pm

Thanks for mentioning this future sire:

http://www.pedigreequery.com/snowman+gf

Wish him all the Best,

helen in FL
Starters Handicap

Postby helen in FL » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:06 pm

Darla needs to get new pictures of Little Girl. I am convinced she is the dilute on brown much like other Mr. GG foals. Brown is my color and I have the perfect brown mare to send up to him, but I have to hurry up and get one to RMN before he leaves!!!

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:26 am

good point Helen! :)

I'll have to email Darla and get her to send me new pictures of Chai ...
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

color
Allowance Winner

Postby color » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:41 am

these GG heads are just gorgeous! My chocolate buckskin filly has that same dished head. A lot are born with dished heads and later these are gone but GG has proven that his dished faces are still there when the horse is adult and conformation wise my filly is just perfect.