Guaranteed Gold is sold & heading out "over the oce

Talk about equine color, markings, genetics, etc. Post pictures of flashy Thoroughbreds!

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jorge, Sunday Silence

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Guaranteed Gold is sold & heading out "over the oce

Postby TrueColours » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:44 am

I am thrilled to announce that Guaranteed Gold has been sold along with Pearlescent and will be making their new homes overseas, in Scotland at Goldfields Stud, where they will be joining the Remember My Name colt and the 2008 Nightlight filly

http://www.goldfieldsstud.com

I have been fielding several enquiries from people asking why 2009 would be GG's last full year at stud, and this is the reason. I didnt want any loose ends in 2010 which is when he heads over there and I wanted to know that all mares bred were safely confirmed in foal and he could close this chapter in his breeding career and begin a new one in the European market.

Pearl has a few in utero obligations to fulfill as well and once those are behind her, she will then leave in 2010 or 2011 and join the rest of them as well.

There are a few more sales / announcements on the horizon ;) and once they are also finalized, I will be letting everyone know what is happening in those areas as well

No - I am no getting out of breeding. Far from it :) but I do miss the showing very very much and I am finding it is tough running a full time business (the bedding business), along with the full time breeding business plus looking after the farm and that means I end up missing out on what I really enjoyed doing the most - which is the showing aspect with the youngsters...

So ... I am keeping the 2009 and 2010 GG/Puchi Trap foals and will show them in the Hunter Breeding classes and then either sell them at some point down the road or hang onto them and show them in the Hunter ring in the years to come. I may end up with the 2010 Pearl foal and if I do, I will decide what direction I will head in with that one as well

Faux Finish will form the cornerstone of my future breeding program, but until 2011 only at which time SHE then embarks on a new chapter in her life as well and I am hoping throughout 2009, 2010 and part of 2011 we can flush and freeze embryo's from her, by such wonderful stallions such as Redwine, Balou du Rouet, Coluer Rubin, Alligator Fontaine and possibly Khartoon Khlassic for something totally different and unique! I will then implant one of those embryo's each year into a recipient mare and cross my fingers that I can get a Faux Finish baby each year for the next 5-10 years to show and have fun with

And at THAT point, once I have no more Faux Finish babies left to "hatch", yeah - I will probably be ready to retire at about that point in time ... ;) ... and hang up my pitchfork for good and you can all come and visit me down in the Cayman's or somewhere equally warm and snow free! :D

Goldfields is going to have the ultimate coloured Sport Horse breeding program on the other side of the ocean. They have a young up and coming cremello WB colt as well that will be presented and shown and are now sourcing some beautifully bred, successfully shown WB mares to breed to him, to GG and to Remember My Name in the years to come

Remember My Name will be presented to the Trakehner Registry as a 3 year old over in Europe and I believe that will also allow him to be Oldenburg approved as well and he will then embark on a show career and GG - we are going to see what options are open for him as an "older" stallion, with his CSHA approval, to get accepted into one of the European registries as well.

We will be freezing semen for both GG and RMN to have on hand here for North American breeders in the years to come and will also have some semen available from the young WB colt - Marco - once it is available.

So - thats the scoop for the time being! Stay tuned for "Phase II" which will be announced shortly ... :)
Last edited by TrueColours on Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds & Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold - 16.1hh cremello TB stallion - CSHA and AQHA, APHA, ApHC listed

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:56 am

Glad to know you are opening new posibilities for breeders in Europe. Wish you and your breeding operation all the best. Wow, at the same time, I would really like to see other rare phenotypes come up to America for the benefice of coat color breeding over here. I am referring to the rare Catch A Bird roans. :wink: After all, coat color breeding in America is running ahead in terms of interest drawn over other countries.

Hope Faux Finish may produce many babies, especially from Thoroughbred registered stallion who may gain official access at the JC.
Faux Finish deserves that all her babies may be admired. I congratulate your great efforts in pro of these beauties.

Again, all the Best! :D

spex4me
Grade I Winner

Postby spex4me » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:07 am

Best of luck to you True!! It certainly sounds like lots of adventure ahead!!
trying to come up with something brillant..... this may take a while. :)

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:32 am

And the NEXT announcement is: :)

Dodge's Snow Bird has also been sold. She will be bred to Guaranteed Gold in 2009 and will then leave once she has been confirmed in foal and goes through quarantine ...

Puchi Trap has been sold as well. The 2009 and 2010 foals by Guaranteed Gold will be retained by True Colours Farm and then she will leave in the fall of 2010, in foal to GG once again ...

And finally ... Faux Finish has been sold as well. She will stay with me until 2011, will continue her show career in the hunter and hopefully jumper ring in 2009 and 2010. As mentioned, I will be selecting some top notch stallions to breed her to on an ET basis in 2009, 2010 and 2011 and some of those embryo's will be implanted into recipient mares and some will be flushed and frozen for future use. She will then continue to be campaigned in the UK and Europe, probably in the jumper ring as well ...

I wish their new owner - Lisa McLennan of Goldfields Stud - all the very very best with these incredibly special horses, in their competitive careers as well as in the breeding shed in the years to come

http://www.goldfieldsstud.com

What a fabulous way to kick start your breeding program with:

Guaranteed Gold
Remember My Name
Puchi Trap
Faux Finish
TCF Nightlight
Pearlescent
Dodge's Snow Bird

on her roster as well is the fabulous cremello WB colt she has also, and the WB mares she is also looking to add to her breeding program ... :)

While campaigning the Guaranteed Gold offspring and grand-offspring here in North America, I will also be watching with a great deal of pride as they also begin to make their marks in the show rings in the UK and Europe in the years to come ... :)
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds & Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold - 16.1hh cremello TB stallion - CSHA and AQHA, APHA, ApHC listed

SouthernStar
Yearling

Postby SouthernStar » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:05 pm

Very exciting Donna...I wonder if they will be registered as their correct colors once they arrive?
www.FreedomSporthorses.com
Standing the Thoroughbred stallion Regal Regalia-chestnut frame overo

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:44 am

Very exciting Donna...I wonder if they will be registered as their correct colors once they arrive?

Well - that would certainly be a bonus, wouldnt it?! :wink:

Thanks very much! :)
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:07 am

Yikes. I thought I had plenty of time to get a GG foal! So will you have any horses left? Congratulations. though.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Derby Lyn
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Derby Lyn » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:54 pm

Congrats on the sales Donna. Let me know when you are headed down south, maybe I will see you there 8) No plans yet, but that is where I would love to retire!

reedhill
Grade III Winner

Postby reedhill » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:41 am

Hummmm, maybe I should rethink selling my heafty diva BLOND HIGHLIGHTS http://www.equinenow.com/horse-ad-126677
Thank you for letting us all know. Pre planning future breedings are so important!!!!!!!! That's a HUGE sale, they will be blessed with what they have purchased from you!

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:34 am

Yikes. I thought I had plenty of time to get a GG foal! So will you have any horses left? Congratulations. though.

Hi Madelyn :)

The Rock Hard Georgie mare will stay with me for a year or so or get sold in foal to either GG or Remember My Name. I will have the Alumni Hall / Regal Swan 2009 foal to run through the 2010 Keeneland or Woodbine sale or keep for myself to race

I will have the 2009 and 2010 GG/Puchi Trap foals to show and sell and possibly the 2010 GG/Pearlescent foal as well

I will then have 5-10 embryo's from my Faux Finish mare put away that I will sell and/or implant myself, so for the next 5-10 years I will have some nice youngsters coming up to work with, show and sell. Just dont know yet if we will stay here at the farm or sell the farm and look to board the 1-3 out that we produce each year instead

Let me know when you are headed down south, maybe I will see you there

Oh Katie... if I never see a blasted snowflake again in my life, I will be a happy woman ... :roll: ... I'd rather deal with sunburn to be honest ...

Pre planning future breedings are so important!!!!!!!! That's a HUGE sale, they will be blessed with what they have purchased from you!

Thanks reedhill ... :) ... it worked out win/win for both of us and they are now SO pleased as they are already taking bookings to GG for when he arrives
www.TrueColoursFarm.com