Please Critique Saluki Gold Rush: In Memoriam 2/23/09

Talk about equine color, markings, genetics, etc. Post pictures of flashy Thoroughbreds!

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jorge, Sunday Silence

toadie
Allowance Winner

Postby toadie » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:37 pm

Wow, she looks better than ever. And, you look very cold :lol:
"Most people hate the taste of beer to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome."-Winston Churchill

spex4me
Grade I Winner

Postby spex4me » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:08 am

Thanks she has pleased me so much as the changes to me are amazing to watch in any of them. And I was layered to the extreme... I think I could have fallen off that day and pretty much bounced right back up lol! :lol:
trying to come up with something brillant..... this may take a while. :)

Hops
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Hops » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:44 am

Thank you so much for posting! I have a filly who has been an ugly duckling her whole life - she's just starting to come around at 21 months old- and seeing your series of photos gives me renewed hope. That last photo is of an absolutely gorgeous horse. Very well done and I hope she rewards you!

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:22 am

Very pretty filly! I enjoy seeing your updates. :)

spex4me
Grade I Winner

Postby spex4me » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:04 pm

Yeah I finally made it to the color forum hehehe!! :wink:

Thank you for the nice comments on my girl. I very much appreciate it and hope I'll get to add an interesting track side story very soon!! Good luck with all your own babies. :)

color
Allowance Winner

Postby color » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:06 am

Very nice filly indeed!
http://www.gestuet-falkenhorst.com
Exceptional colored German WBs, TBs and Arabs

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:05 am

SALUKI'S GOLD RUSH is really gorgeous!!!!!!!!
Congratulations!!!!!!!

spex4me
Grade I Winner

Postby spex4me » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:35 pm

Many times I have visited this forum and read of peoples losses and my heart ached for each and every one of them. But never in a thousand years did I think that I would be one to suffer such a loss so soon.

It is with deep sorrow and pain that instead of annoyingly putting my girl’s pictures up I am here instead to close out this thread with her death.

Spex was my first Thoroughbred. Not someone else’s that I had to work with but mine, one that took close to two years of searching for. This horse had to be just right. And even though I shunned fillies there was instant gravitation the moment I stumbled across her sale picture.

Though Spex and I shared many miles on the trails since last year I sent her to a wonderful farm about an hour away for gate training and galloping. We were supposed to debut together my beautiful stubborn equine and I, this May at Colonial. So many dreams dreamt in such a short span of time. She shared her fire of her spirit in engaging me to join into the fray of training. She was the “it” horse. One I never saw coming and one I never dreamed would be gone so soon.

I just posted video the last time I was able to be with her this weekend at the farm. Please visit if you like. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZRLVzAqtAo
You will see her fire, and her stubbornness. Spex was having issues with the turn while galloping, attempting to duck out or in on rider. He is an excellent horseman who just happened to get one upped Monday. She dumped him and ran down the track before trying to jump the outer rail. She did not make that jump. The post caught her abdomen causing too much damage for a vet to do anything but release her from her pain.

Saluki Gold Rush
March 27, 2006 – February 23, 2009

Our beloved filly, taken before her time, was called home to be in God’s Stables. May she rest in peace in lush green pastures, to run and play on the wings of Angels. Her spirit will live on in the hearts of those whose lives she touched.

With Love and Profound Remembrance
Belinda and Jason

I want to thank everyone for popping in on her thread as I have posted pics and for all your wonderful insight and comments. I really did appreciate them all.

Nessa
Grade III Winner

Postby Nessa » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:05 pm

Oh gee whiz Spex what an awful thing to have happen. I'm so sorry for your loss, and that your dream has ended so prematurely. Rest In Peace Saluki Gold Rush, Godspeed.
Nu

bayrabicano
Allowance Winner

Postby bayrabicano » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:39 am

Belinda and Jason,

I am so very sorry about the loss of your beautiful filly and wish that the future brings you much luck and joy with horses.
"The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it."
- Michelangelo

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:33 am

Oh my, what a tragedy. I sincerely lament your unfortunate event. Our animals are unique to every one of us. Very sorry for the loss. May the good Lord, Creator of all life, may be with you and your family and may provide new living creatures that may bring renewed hope. We all will remember Saluki's Gold Rush.

Runnerandrider
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Runnerandrider » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:42 am

I am so sorry for your loss. I have been watching this post, as I have a homebred filly (2 this year) who looks just like your girl. I have enjoyed watching your girl grow up, I am so sorry you lost her.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:03 am

Oh how very sad. So sorry for your loss.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

pfrsue
Grade III Winner

Postby pfrsue » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:54 am

My sincerest sympathies for your tragic loss. From your posts, she sounded like a wonderful girl and I was enjoying following her story. I'm very sorry.

angrovestud
Allowance Winner

Postby angrovestud » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:28 pm

I am so sorry for your loss I really enjoyed watching her grow and change in to a fine filly my heart goes out to you.
A coloured leaving its mark
Angrove stud breeding your racing colours

I am dyslexic it can be funny!