Looking for info on 1988 US mare Snow Eagle

Ask members to help you find horse pictures, past performances, past owners/trainers, or tracks where a horse won it's last race.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy, Diane

vineyridge
Grade III Winner

Looking for info on 1988 US mare Snow Eagle

Postby vineyridge » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:21 pm

She had a foal by Dance Centre, and Adrienne Hoover in AZ is listed as breeder. Would she have raced in AZ? One of the places Snow Eagle may have raced is Yavapai, which sounds very AZ ish to me. She was bred in CA by Donald Hoover.

I need to try and find Ms. Hoover. Is she still active in AZ TB breeding and racing?

Is Dance Centre still active or alive? His last report of mares bred was in 2002 or 2003.

Thanks Roguelet for your help on the other thread. Now to run down the mare's last known owner.
Thread Killer Extraordinaire

steward
Allowance Winner

Postby steward » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:01 am

I checked the chart book indexes for Snow Eagle over the years 1990-93 (2YO to 5YO). She ran a total of 42 races over that span (1+16+12+13). All of those races were at Turf Paradise. Her first race was the 4th race on 12/22/90. She broke her maiden on her 3rd try on 1/25/91 in the 5th race.

During those years, she won a total of 6 races, none of them after 4/2/92. She ran 20 on the turf (if I'm interpreting the abbreviations correctly), winning two. In fact, her last 11 races in 1993 were on the turf.

I have access to later years including the charts. It's possible that she ran after '93, I just just haven't checked yet. If more detail is desired, please specify.

majxmom
Grade I Winner

Postby majxmom » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:25 pm

Yavapai Downs is the replacement for the old Prescott Downs in Prescott, AZ.

The AZ TB Breeders Associaton:

ARIZONA THOROUGHBRED
BREEDERS ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 41774
Phoenix, Arizona 85080
(602) 942 1310

They make breeders pay $10 to "register" their mares to be an AZ bred. They would certainly have a contact number for Adrienne if she's still active. You can call them and just ask if they have a contact number for her. Other breeders associations are usually pretty cooperative about handing that over, since they figure you are in business to sell horses. Call them and ask (but don't volunteer too much; just say you bought a horse from her and you need to contact her again).
"When I am on my deathbed, I imagine I will say, 'Thank God I did that'" - Arthur Hancock, on buying back Gato del Sol from Europe after Exceller was killed in a slaughterhouse in Sweden.