I did it! And...need help :(

Ask members to help you find horse pictures, past performances, past owners/trainers, or tracks where a horse won it's last race.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy, Diane

Libera
Newborn

I did it! And...need help :(

Postby Libera » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:13 pm

So I finally figured out who my horse is!! :P :D

I wasn't sure about the letter in the tattoo, so ran it with every letter, ended up with 2 possible matches. I figured out the breeders thru the "Registration Status" thingy, and I googled the names. Could only track down one...but it was the right one :D

However...he doesn't remember much about the horse. Just that he got injured and came home, he doesn't recall where he went from there. He told me the trainer was William Delia.

Can anyone help me find out more about my horse, Moon Cat? He is by New Moon Dancer. I would like to know um....everything? :P

It's still a mystery how he went from being Moon Cat in 1989 to being Magic Carpet born in 1998.... I would love to piece his history together :( :(

JimbleBrimble
Starters Handicap

Postby JimbleBrimble » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:08 pm

Moon Cat won five races:

May 7, 1992 at Golden Gate, CA (when trained by W. Delia)

Oct. 25, 1992 at Turf Paradise, AZ

June 1, 1994 at Les Bois, Idaho

Sept. 23, 1994 at Billings, MT (now Yellowstone Downs, I think)

July 28, 1995 at Prescott, AZ

Guess it would make sense to at least tryyyyyyyyyyy to contact the Golden Gate track photographer to ask about how to get a photo from as far back at May 7, 1992. Aside from that, maybe write to trainer William Delia in care of Golden Gate Fields and see if he might still have such a photo, and whether he could copy it for you, etc.

The other horse, Magic Carpet, was bred in Florida, foaled in 1999, and raced only in Florida and NY.

steward
Allowance Winner

Postby steward » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:11 pm

An advanced google search yielded this for 9/4/93, Wyoming Downs entries:

THIRTEENTH RACE, Claiming ($5000), Three-year-olds and up, 6 Furlongs, Purse $1050. Beau's Last (Knudsen) 124 5-1. Moon Cat (Lyman) 124 8-1 ...

majxmom
Grade I Winner

Postby majxmom » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:39 pm

JimbleBrimble wrote:
Guess it would make sense to at least tryyyyyyyyyyy to contact the Golden Gate track photographer to ask about how to get a photo from as far back at May 7, 1992.

We still have the same photographer at GGF and he dug out an oldie for me a couple of years ago. He told me that he has all of his old photos, but he finds that sometimes they aren't always filed correctly. But he will keep looking until he finds it. Be sure to give him the horse's name, date of the race and the race number.

Here's the link:

http://www.vassarphotography.com/contact.htm

Can't remember what they charge, around $20 for an 8x10.
"When I am on my deathbed, I imagine I will say, 'Thank God I did that'" - Arthur Hancock, on buying back Gato del Sol from Europe after Exceller was killed in a slaughterhouse in Sweden.

Libera
Newborn

Postby Libera » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:15 pm

Thanks guys!

Soo...did he have a different trainer in the later races? His breeder told me he barely raced cause he got injured and they quit racing him. He doesn't remember where he went tho...
Maybe someone fixed him up and raced him after that?