OH NO RATS!!!! NO FT OCTOBER SALE!!!!!

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

madelyn

OH NO RATS!!!! NO FT OCTOBER SALE!!!!!

Postby madelyn » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:39 am

I can't believe Fasig Tipton has, in fact, CANCELLED the 2009 October Yearling sale! What an awful thing that is! I had three I was planning to take. I hate the Keeneland sale - too many horses, too big, too long.. I don't think I can be ready for a sale in July. I'm really stunned by this announcement. Time to form a Plan B.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... rling-sale
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Busanda
Yearling

Postby Busanda » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:01 am

I always liked the sale from a buyers perspective. You could get some nice deals on quality yearlings. Of course, there was a lot of trash, as well.

Quite a good portion of KeeSept outs/rna's also made it into the sale. Wonder if this will drive down the reserve prices even more at Keeneland for those looking for an actual sell.

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:41 pm

Busanda wrote:Quite a good portion of KeeSept outs/rna's also made it into the sale. Wonder if this will drive down the reserve prices even more at Keeneland for those looking for an actual sell.

I suspect it means that we'll be seeing more long yearlings in the November sale.

KBEquine
Grade III Winner

Postby KBEquine » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:54 pm

I was shocked, too, and hoping they'll keep the only regional yearling sale in our neck of the woods . . .

They might not be expecting enough yearlings to fill the later sale, in this economy, but it really does leave sellers who were counting on the sale high & dry.

foxtale
Maiden Special Weight

Postby foxtale » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:32 pm

I too was planning on sending 2 of my yearlings... where can we go to sell our PA Breds now???

I highly doubt they were worried about filling it... with over 900 in 08 & 07!!! They could not even promise they would have stalls last year!
Let us help you to take advantage of lucrative PENNSYLVANIA Bred Breeding and Racing Incentive Programs worth over $20 MILLION annually.

Standing in 2010: www.foxtalestud.com
CAPITANO
RUBIYAT
SMART GUY

foxtale
Maiden Special Weight

Postby foxtale » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:36 am

Madelyn...
The sale is still on their website for Oct 5-7... are you certain that it is cancelled?
Let us help you to take advantage of lucrative PENNSYLVANIA Bred Breeding and Racing Incentive Programs worth over $20 MILLION annually.

CAPITANO

RUBIYAT

SMART GUY

foxtale
Maiden Special Weight

Postby foxtale » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:45 am

Sorry... I now know you mean the Oct KY sale has been cancelled ( it was scheduled to begin Oct 26th.)

I guess I was confusing the sale with the Mid- Atlantic Eastern Fall Sale which is still on for Oct 5-7 th WHEW!

CAPITANO

RUBIYAT

SMART GUY

ruaff
Maiden Special Weight

Postby ruaff » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:00 am

That scared me too.
I had been shooting for Keen Sept all along for my yearling. But Just talked to my consigner yesterday and he thought maybe the horse (as a PA bred) would get better looks at the Oct Timonium Sale (which I generally think of as a buyer's sale). I'm glad both options are still available.

newyorkmary
Yearling

Postby newyorkmary » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:57 am

Looks like they also cancelled the Saratoga Open Yearling Sale.

KBEquine
Grade III Winner

Postby KBEquine » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:59 pm

I didn't mean to mislead anyone with the prior post about hoping not to lose the only regional yearling sale in our neck of the woods --

But seeing the Saratoga Open sale canceled doesn't give me a warm & fuzzy feeling for my sale of choice at Timonium . . . hope they have decided there is a need for it, especially if they canceled the Saratoga Open sale . . .

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:55 pm

Well it looks like they've changed their mind about the Oct KY yearling sale. There was quite a hoopla, and now it's back on track. WHEW!! Yay. So I'll be going with 5 or 6 yearlings!
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

aurora
Starters Handicap

Postby aurora » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:15 pm

Why would the Oct sale be a better place to sell a yearling than Sept? It has been my experience that a yearling will sell for less in Oct than in Sept. It has been quite a while since I sold in Oct so maybe thiings have changed.

hpkingjr

sale

Postby hpkingjr » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:18 pm

You perception is correct as far as average sale price. September wins hands down. October is best suited for a late foal, perhaps not with a commerical pedigree but a nice physical specimen. If you sell that foal in September it brings 2K or less in the last 3 or 4 books at Keeneland.

In October it may bring 10 to 20 if it matures nicely. We have a May 15th foal that we will sell in October. Non-commercial pedigree but very nice physically.

http://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php? ... lor=000000

If you look at the equivalents, you will see what we hoped to achieve. 3x3 sex balanced Kris S through 2 grade 1 winners, Bold Consort and Secretariat are 3/4 equivalents as are Storm Bird and The Minstrel. Storm Cat and the 3rd dam, Musical Ride, share 56% of the same blood.
I do not believe he will sell well at Keeneland but perhaps better in October.

http://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php? ... d=&x=0&y=0

zinn21
3rd Year Sire

Postby zinn21 » Sun May 03, 2009 3:50 pm

They're already touting MTB coming out of this sale on their website..

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Sun May 03, 2009 4:26 pm

zinn21 wrote:They're already touting MTB coming out of this sale on their website..

That's 2 Derby winners in a row that have come from this sale.