GSV and me

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

CdnDerbyFan
Weanling

GSV and me

Postby CdnDerbyFan » Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:55 pm

So, I'm at Northlands today for alittle off track. I've been following along with George's GSV betting and decided that I'd pay for the track info and give it a shot as all the info on how to is either here or on GWS website.

So, I click along betting just $2 (I am trying something new after all) and the GSV seems to be picking out pretty long shots, but the unsure fellow that I am I bet to place, horse comes in third, then next race horse comes in fourth. I abandon that and decide that I better burn some cash using tri's. After entrenching a losing streak I see George (whom I know a little bit) and I say "hey, George this GSV thing is full of crap" (or a variant of that). I have a rule about Famous Last Words. Don't say them.

With my fate firmly sealed George joins us just in time to watch a 22-1 shot cruise accross the line that the GSV picked out. I swear I only open my mouth to switch what foot is in it.

There was other races that the GSV/Sire/BM Sire picked out and scored at.

Just based on today, GSV/S/BM tended (at least to my perception) to have longer priced horses picked consistently, many of them showed decent run if not in the money.

I'd tend to say that the system that George has in place is solid and probably will return the $$$ that GWS talks about in his newsletter/on this site. I'm definately going to give it a shot next time I head back to the track.

I'd also be interested in anyone elses experiences with it.

Regards,

CDF
too many things and too many horses

George William Smith
Restricted Stakes Winner

True Story

Postby George William Smith » Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:33 pm

It's a true story, but what can also be stated was that I had just walked into the simulcast room and had just finished getting a cash voucher to bet my GSV horses. I did not have time to put a dime on the 18/1 horse either.

The number of idiots in the room jumped by two.

I did get a chance to explain a few of the nuiances of the GSV betting and we managed an almost score with a big longshot and later did pull down a $23.10 winner at Santa Anita so at least I came out a couple of bucks ahead.

There were a couple of GSV horses that we could both have finished ahead of.

Very gratifying to note that there are others willing to risk a few bucks to see how they can use the GSV as one of the tools of their own handicapping. :wink: