Please help these horsies

Discuss horse welfare and rescue and horses in need of assistance.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, Diane

merasmag
Yearling

Please help these horsies

Postby merasmag » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:54 pm

Rachel Alexandra
2yo Maiden

Postby Rachel Alexandra » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:47 pm

People are disgusting. That man let his big ego get in the way and couldn't admit his business failed. Instead of selling out when he should he keeps them and lets them starve. Sick!
I checked out the farm website and anyone can tell money was invested in the place and the guy was a high roller with the arabians. He could have easily had a dispersal auction but instead let his false pride get in the way.

jrgators
Starters Handicap

Postby jrgators » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:23 pm

I honestly found the comments written about the article the most interesting.

I don't know which to believe, but I'm sorry for all involved. A person can end up with more horses than they want in seemingly the blink of an eye!

I hope that it all works out for every involved.

merasmag
Yearling

Postby merasmag » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:14 pm

the guy seems to have sum defenders...but so did pallagro...horses aren't like gerbils (long traumatic story) or rabbits
they have one baby a year...i cnC any excuse for this but ...what's the term??? DENIAL...that's ok if it's you but not others...

Rachel Alexandra
2yo Maiden

Postby Rachel Alexandra » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:10 pm

The guy did have some defenders but they are too stupid to realize that the Humane Society legally could not have taken any of the horses if they didn't have good grounds to stand on. If there is any food or water in the vicinity of the horses, they couldn't have taken the horses. This guy wasn't feeding them at all.
Anyone that can stand by and allow their animals to starve right in front of their eyes can't possibly love their animals. This guys big ego got in the way and he didn't want to admit to his arabian owners that he's competed against over the years, that his business failed.

jrgators
Starters Handicap

Postby jrgators » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:23 pm

merasmag wrote:the guy seems to have sum defenders...but so did pallagro...horses aren't like gerbils (long traumatic story) or rabbits
they have one baby a year...i cnC any excuse for this but ...what's the term??? DENIAL...that's ok if it's you but not others...

LOL

One a year for real!

LOL

It's a fact of my life that it can happen seemingly! in the blink of an eye.

Quick example. I purchase some horses a coupld of years ago in partnership with someone who I felt was financially secure. She lost her security, and I inherited 5 horses with all of their bills. More than I could afford!

I may have messed up by not selling them when the partner went busted, but thank GOD I can afford to feed them!

Theo

merasmag
Yearling

Postby merasmag » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:14 pm

So all 5 of your horses got pregnant at once? I understand you got shafted but as far as I know, and I'm not a breeder...far from it...a mare can only foal once a year (well...maybe more, but that messes up the racing calender)
Getting stuck with one horse is not as bad as getting stuck with 100 gerbils.

KMO_racing
Allowance Winner

Oh My!

Postby KMO_racing » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:41 pm

That is heart breaking!
Thanks,

Kathy

karenkarenn
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby karenkarenn » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:29 pm

I would like to know if they found homes for these horses yet. I know that I could always go back to the region 4 in Nampa for competition. I know its been since Aug but still there has to be somewhere in the paper that these horses received individual permanent homes.
Oh and a fine of JUST $4,000?? What whats that going to do?? How about paying for the cops salary, fines and the people that have to take care of his animals!
Karen