Any way to watch Keenland sales on television?

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

radrider
Maiden Special Weight

Any way to watch Keenland sales on television?

Postby radrider » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:15 am

I was wondering if there was any way to watch the yearling or November sales on television and if so would that be on HGTV? Just wondering thanks!!!!!

winds
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby winds » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:20 am

As far as I know you can watch it on the computer by going to their website.

winds

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:47 am

It doesn't look like it will be on TV. Actually, with the marathon-like nature of that auction, I can't IMAGINE finding enough sponsors to pay for all of that air time, nor finding justification in the size of audience something that boring is likely to attract :lol:. It's hard enough to keep up the momentum live, there at the salegrounds. Folks tend to just watch the horses they are interested in and drift away after that.

They DO have a few new technology features, though:
http://www.keeneland.com/Lists/News/dis ... px?ID=6136
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

radrider
Maiden Special Weight

Postby radrider » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:29 pm

I was just wondering because a few years ago, I think the Keenland November sale was on TVG or HGTV, I don't remember which

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:30 pm

In the past couple of years, TVG has televised something from book one of the sale because they set up a broadcast table in the front right hand corner of the outside walking ring where everyone has to squeeze together to walk around it. I don't know how much of the actual sale they showed but they certainly were there talking about it. I don't know if they plan to do the same this year or not.

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:42 pm

As I caught it on TVG anyway, they showed snippets of the really big sellers at Keeneland between races. Kinda like a "breaking news" thing.
All shouting does is make you lose your voice.
----Arrested Development

jrgators
Starters Handicap

Postby jrgators » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:32 pm

Catching it on the computer thru the fasigtipton web is best. You don't miss a thing, and if you're like me you'll be saying, why didn't I go buy one of those cheap ones!

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:31 am

jrgators, if you follow the link I provided, you will find that this year they will allow online purchasing/bidding on the RNA's after they have been through the sales ring and failed to meet their reserve. I don't really know how they will handle the RNA(0) horses, that fail to bring the minimum $1K upset bid. So you WILL be able to pick up something from the comfort of your own home.

reedhill
Grade III Winner

Postby reedhill » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:20 am

RFDT is showing the first 2 days live. Then you would need to watch the rest via simulcast from Keeneland on your PC or if hooked to your TV.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:57 am

The "problem" with watching it live from Keeneland's website is the delay. What you see on the screen is "behind" the live action, so I think it is Extremely Difficult to bid that way. Best to have a Johnnie on the spot there to represent you and be on the phone with them when the horse you are interested in is going through the ring. Of course, you should have sent in all of your credit stuff, got approved, etc., prior to bidding on a horse.

winds
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby winds » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:33 am

Apparently HRTV is showing the first 2 days of the sale.

winds