Last day Keeneland

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

karenkarenn
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby karenkarenn » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:45 pm

Reed-
Dont mind her, Ive seen ALOT of her posts and its nothing but disaster and negativty. I swear she must come on here to vent.
Dont think about her. Shes nothing. Your the one with the cohonase to come into a big sale and to try to sell your horses.
Pat on the back. Reed.

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:51 pm

Wow. Just wow ... :shock:

Here is my take on all of this

My Guaranteed Gold *coloured* TB stallion is a wonderful producer of show prospects and I would hold him up against ANY stallion out there as a producer of hunters and event horses, pleasure horses and to a limited and lesser degree - jumpers and dressage horses

When I got a mare that had a race pedigree and had some success as a race mare and a producer, and was aiming for the commercial *race* market with that foal, never in a million years would I have bred her to Guaranteed Gold with that goal in mind

If my intention was to have some fun - myself - with *MY* money, I would have done so in a heartbeat, but that was not the intention here

Other Mare Owners have bred their TB mares to GG with the future intention of racing that foal and I am grateful and very interested in seeing how those foals make out and I am also EXTREMELY grateful beyond belief that it will be their dime, and not mine, that will go towards proving or disproving GG on the track ... :)

I feel that if I had the bizarre idea of promoting GG as *the* sire of top dressage horses, people would truly look at me like I was nuts - compared to the bloodlines and results that the truly top dressage sires produce. I feel that race sires are viewed in the same manner - results and bloodlines and progeny results count for everything and if you want to buck that trend and make people believe that your stallion can succeed against the established "status Quo" then you had better be damned well prepared to dig deep into your own pockets and establish him yourself

I spoke with another coloured breeder last week that is desperate to have someone partner with her on a wildly coloured 2 year old filly she owns and bred. To her credit at least, even though the sire has nothing in the way of commercial attractiveness, through total luck, the first dam has now produced some serious stakes winners in the last 3-4 years with earnings in excess of 1 and 2 M dollars so this filly does have some credibility in that regard but so far she has found no one willing to spend the time and money to get this filly to the track ...

We all have dreams and I know that we all wish we had the $$$ to support those dreams as far as we want to take them, but the reality is that we need to either follow our chosen dreams ourselves with a large enough bankroll to prove the naysayers wrong or we need to determine the niche market for our stallion and offspring where they have a better than average chance of excelling and making a name for themselves and follow that route instead ...

You know I wish you all the best Carolyn and I hope that you are either able to partner with someone who can help you realize your dreams or you are in a position to do so yourself ... :)
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds & Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold - 16.1hh cremello TB stallion - CSHA and AQHA, APHA, ApHC listed

Sysonby
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Sysonby » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:52 pm

karenkarenn wrote:Reed-
Dont mind her, Ive seen ALOT of her posts and its nothing but disaster and negativty. I swear she must come on here to vent.
Dont think about her. Shes nothing. Your the one with the cohonase to come into a big sale and to try to sell your horses.
Pat on the back. Reed.

Karen I'm not at liberty to say who Fireslam is but I do know and she's not "nothing". I've learned a lot from reading her posts over the years and I give her a lot of credence.

Just saying if you look past the style that you don't like, this is someone with a wealth of knowledge as an owner breeder.

karenkarenn
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby karenkarenn » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:55 pm

Its hard for me to understand to slam someone like this person did, Esp since Kim is my friend.
Kim just doesnt breed for color either.
When someone says something awefull like that about my friend and the person that I have had business with, yes I am going to say something. Plus if they have wealth of KNowledge, they should know better than to say something as horid as that without knowing her.

Oh Sysonby I wasnt talking about Fireslam in that last Comment that you quoted either.
Last edited by karenkarenn on Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rachel Alexandra
2yo Maiden

Postby Rachel Alexandra » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:00 pm

reedhill wrote:Don't you all race zebras and elephants down in Zambezi?
RA you are just plain insignificant here.

Just like you were at Keeneland?
Remember, you were the one that got hateful towards Keeneland, vowing never to return. Who's the angry one here???

Fair Play
Allowance Winner

Postby Fair Play » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:03 pm

TrueColours wrote:Wow. Just wow ... :shock:

When I got a mare that had a race pedigree and had some success as a race mare and a producer, and was aiming for the commercial *race* market with that foal, never in a million years would I have bred her to Guaranteed Gold with that goal in mind

If my intention was to have some fun - myself - with *MY* money, I would have done so in a heartbeat, but that was not the intention here

Other Mare Owners have bred their TB mares to GG with the future intention of racing that foal and I am grateful and very interested in seeing how those foals make out and I am also EXTREMELY grateful beyond belief that it will be their dime, and not mine, that will go towards proving or disproving GG on the track ... :)

Now here is a well educated color breeder who gets it. If I win the lottery and want to risk my dime racing a gorgeous buckskin or palomino, it will be one of hers, not one of a breeder who thinks it is our (prejudiced TB race people) duty to give it a go to prove we are not "colorist".

If it makes you feel any better Reedhill, trying to sell an athletic exracehorse as a jumper while showing it jump 5' is still next to impossible to all but those who can't afford a Warmblood. If I were to say to those who turn their nose up at my horse by saying it wasn't bred to jump, that they are ignorant shitsacks who don't have the finesse to ride a TB, do you think it would improve my chances of selling one to a pro? ;)

reedhill
Grade III Winner

Postby reedhill » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:03 pm

Karen I'm not at liberty to say who Fireslam is but I do know and she's not "nothing". I've learned a lot from reading her posts over the years and I give her a lot of credence. Just saying if you look past the style that you don't like, this is someone with a wealth of knowledge as an owner breeder.[/quote]

Was does Fireslam hide behind some dumb call sign, as many here do?
IF they were as special as they thought they were, they would not be telling others to go breed donkeys, what lowclass garbage, Fireslam is a disgrace to this post! People that are are created equal, don't treat others that way, only those that think their money and rude ass comments are great.

karenkarenn
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby karenkarenn » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:04 pm

Thank you REED.

Rachel Alexandra
2yo Maiden

Postby Rachel Alexandra » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:04 pm

karenkarenn wrote:Reed-
Pat on the back. Reed.

If calling you out on your ignorance is considered negative, so be it. :D

radrider
Maiden Special Weight

Postby radrider » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:05 pm

Okay LB, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to point out Bobby Flay specifically good or bad, just an example that he's getting into the game. Someone everyone knows outside of the horse industry. There are good rich and famous people out there and there are some bad ones too. Wasn't trying to pick on anyone specifically once again. But sometimes people do get involved who have never worked or been around horses before, that's all I meant, it happens.

karenkarenn
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby karenkarenn » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:06 pm

yes Radrider and he ( Bobby) also gets to call a race... Now how did that happen????

Sysonby
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Sysonby » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:09 pm

radrider wrote:Okay LB, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to point out Bobby Flay specifically good or bad, just an example that he's getting into the game. Someone everyone knows outside of the horse industry. There are good rich and famous people out there and there are some bad ones too. Wasn't trying to pick on anyone specifically once again. But sometimes people do get involved who have never worked or been around horses before, that's all I meant, it happens.

But the smart ones often have advisors who actually do know a little.

karenkarenn
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby karenkarenn » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:10 pm

checkmate Synsonby

reedhill
Grade III Winner

Postby reedhill » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:17 pm

Just like you were at Keeneland?
Remember, you were the one that got hateful towards Keeneland, vowing never to return. Who's the angry one here???[/quote]

We were far from insignificant at Keeneland as hundreds know. You seem to have a big problem with that, why is that RA, Huh?? No I don't like some aspects of Keeneland at all. It's rude to shut the doors in the office when people are still trying to leave. We were held up by people wanting photos of our yearlings that "hated" them so much, LOL! There are apparently many patrons of Keeneland that think the process was dumb. At least small sales have commen sense and courtesy to stay open until everyone that is leaving gets to. I'm not angry RA are you? We are very happy with what we breed. What do you breed RA, anything?

Rachel Alexandra
2yo Maiden

Postby Rachel Alexandra » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:21 pm

Fair Play wrote:
TrueColours wrote:Wow. Just wow ... :shock:

Now here is a well educated color breeder who gets it. If I win the lottery and want to risk my dime racing a gorgeous buckskin or palomino, it will be one of hers, not one of a breeder who thinks it is our (prejudiced TB race people) duty to give it a go to prove we are not "colorist".

If it makes you feel any better Reedhill, trying to sell an athletic exracehorse as a jumper while showing it jump 5' is still next to impossible to all but those who can't afford a Warmblood. If I were to say to those who turn their nose up at my horse by saying it wasn't bred to jump, that they are ignorant shitsacks who don't have the finesse to ride a TB, do you think it would improve my chances of selling one to a pro? ;)

Again, someone that is being too logical. :lol: