Last day Keeneland

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

reedhill
Grade III Winner

Postby reedhill » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:22 pm

If it makes you feel any better Reedhill, trying to sell an athletic exracehorse as a jumper while showing it jump 5' is still next to impossible to all but those who can't afford a Warmblood. If I were to say to those who turn their nose up at my horse by saying it wasn't bred to jump, that they are ignorant shitsacks who don't have the finesse to ride a TB, do you think it would improve my chances of selling one to a pro?

What are you talking about?

reedhill
Grade III Winner

Postby reedhill » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:25 pm

If calling you out on your ignorance is considered negative, so be it. :D[/quote]

How smart does someone have to be that carries a walky talky around checking slips RA, wasn't that your little job at Keeneland?
Last edited by reedhill on Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

karenkarenn
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby karenkarenn » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:27 pm

ReedHill-

"If calling you out on your ignorance is considered negative, so be it."

I think It was talking about me there. Dont worry I just ignore It. [/quote]

Rachel Alexandra
2yo Maiden

Postby Rachel Alexandra » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:33 pm

reedhill wrote:
We were far from insignificant at Keeneland as hundreds know. You seem to have a big problem with that, why is that RA, Huh?? No I don't like some aspects of Keeneland at all. It's rude to shut the doors in the office when people are still trying to leave. We were held up by people wanting photos of our yearlings that "hated" them so much, LOL! There are apparently many patrons of Keeneland that think the process was dumb. At least small sales have commen sense and courtesy to stay open until everyone that is leaving gets to. I'm not angry RA are you? We are very happy with what we breed. What do you breed RA, anything?

Like I said, I'm not the angry one here. You are the one that cussed Keeneland because you weren't smart enough to read the rules and regulations. Face it. You were angry that your horses didn't bring what you thought they were worth. That happened to many people. Some were just smart enough to take what was offered and not take it out on Keeneland employees that were doing their jobs.
Look at it this way, there are sellers out there that would have loved to have what was offered to you for your horses. You really should have taken what they offered. Those were some of the highest prices offered for the day. Looking back, I could understand why you were so angry, you should have sold them and you're now kicking yourself for not.

Rachel Alexandra
2yo Maiden

Postby Rachel Alexandra » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:36 pm

reedhill wrote:
How smart does someone have to be that carries a walky talky around checking slips RA, wasn't that your little job at Keeneland?

My "job" at Keeneland was to find horses to buy for clients. I don't use a walky talky. Do those things even exist anymore??? :roll:

reedhill
Grade III Winner

Postby reedhill » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:38 pm

This is funny to me TC, sorry can't agree with you here. So if someone decides to buy mine and race it, like thousands of other people do with other TB weanlings and yearlings to prove what they have raised, I'm a strange person? Nooope, don't buy that. For you stand stand and say I'm wrong for others buying mine and racing them..........well I don't think you want me to comment here.

Fair Play
Allowance Winner

Postby Fair Play » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:40 pm

reedhill wrote:If it makes you feel any better Reedhill, trying to sell an athletic exracehorse as a jumper while showing it jump 5' is still next to impossible to all but those who can't afford a Warmblood. If I were to say to those who turn their nose up at my horse by saying it wasn't bred to jump, that they are ignorant shitsacks who don't have the finesse to ride a TB, do you think it would improve my chances of selling one to a pro?

What are you talking about?

Trying to sell a race bred horse to a showjumper often meets with the same resistance you are seeing. Getting mad at people for not wanting to buy your horses while checking them out like they are a side show is pointless. If it is not yet obvious to you, race breeders meet your attitude and arguments like you are from another planet.

People who are successful showjumpers don't have to buy TBs so they buy proven lines of Warmbloods although SOME TBs do well. They do not need to be reinventing the wheel or stacking the odds against themselves. As much as I wish I could sell every really nice TB I have to a great rider who will bring out the best in him, it just is not going to happen. Likewise, some day some colored horse with no pedigree will win a stake somewhere, but to expect those who are trying to make a living to campaign one, is not overly likely.

I don't get why you think that is frustrating. It is to be expected. If your horse was brown and had its same conformation, way of going, and pedigree, no one would even look at it at a sale, especially not Keeneland. Why not only breed what you can race yourself if you want to go that way and PROVE us all wrong, if you feel that can be done with a few horses.

reedhill
Grade III Winner

Postby reedhill » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:40 pm

My "job" at Keeneland was to find horses to buy for clients. I don't use a walky talky. Do those things even exist anymore??? :roll:[/quote]

Sure looked like you were checking papers to me, I guess you have to work for a living doing that, no crime there.

karenkarenn
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby karenkarenn » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:45 pm

Fair Play
I think the reason why to bring a colored horse into Keenland is because of Splash of Vanilla and her big sale at Keenland.
Im sure the owners were tickled pink but hey just like Reed, they tried and they succeeded.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... mino-filly

Rachel Alexandra
2yo Maiden

Postby Rachel Alexandra » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:47 pm

reedhill wrote:
Sure looked like you were checking papers to me, I guess you have to work for a living doing that, no crime there.

:?: OK, so you have lost me there, but why does that not surprise me?
Darling, I hate to bust your bubble, but your horses were not something my clients and I ventured to look at. We saw them at a distance as you got in the way of other consignors trying to show their horses at THEIR barn. BTW, you are usually supposed to stay at your barn the day before the sale and show your horses there rather than taking them to another consignors area. Again, maybe you need to read the book. :wink:

Rachel Alexandra
2yo Maiden

Postby Rachel Alexandra » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:53 pm

karenkarenn wrote:Fair Play
I think the reason why to bring a colored horse into Keenland is because of Splash of Vanilla and her big sale at Keenland.
Im sure the owners were tickled pink but hey just like Reed, they tried and they succeeded.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... mino-filly

Very interesting read. The first quote being "It's a novelty". There was no room this year at the sale for "novelty". That filly sold for $14,000, only $3,000 more than what was offered for the "novelty" at this sale. I would have ran with the money. :lol:

reedhill
Grade III Winner

Postby reedhill » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:58 pm

[b]Darling, I hate to bust your bubble, but your horses were not something my clients and I ventured to look at. We saw them at a distance as you got in the way of other consignors trying to show their horses at THEIR barn. BTW, you are usually supposed to stay at your barn the day before the sale and show your horses there rather than taking them to another consignors area. Again, maybe you need to read the book. [/b]

You are the check out lady in back right?
I can't imagine you showing anyone a horse, I would have remembered someone as self loving as yourself, and would have asked that you step away from my horses. We were welcomed with open arms at the front, it was a blast, and we were thank'd for coming out, for no one would have imagined the good ole' smart JC calling my horses bay and chestnut.

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:59 pm

karen - Splash of Vanilla sold for $14,500 as a 2 year old. As she is related through the dam to Guaranteed Gold I will again be watching her with a great deal of interest.

But truly - if I was her breeder, I would be horrified to get $14,500 after breeding the mare, keeping the mare and keeping the foal for 2 years. There is no way in heaven's name the breeder made a penny from that sale and I dont think I'd use "tickled pink" as the most appropriate way to describe their reaction to the price when the hammer fell ...

While it may have been a good price for that filly in particular with her bloodlines, it certainly is NO justification to repeat that breeding and try and produce another full sibling ...

Ive said my bit on this subject. Back to watching from the sidelines ...
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds & Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold - 16.1hh cremello TB stallion - CSHA and AQHA, APHA, ApHC listed

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:06 pm

Since my earlier "play nice please" post was ignored, this thread is now locked. It has been a LONG time around here since this snarking type of thread dirtied up the place, and it does not need to make a comeback now.
"Don't be a boorish buffoon" -Hokies Respect 'Jerk Alert'