Goffs Orby Sale

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Worksoplad
Starters Handicap

Goffs Orby Sale

Postby Worksoplad » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:33 am

My yearling Street Cry colt (Hip #59) sold today for 100,000 euros. Almost 5 times the $30,000 stud fee I paid.

John Ferguson signed the ticket for Sheik Maktoum, so I know he will have every chance of making it to the races.

He has good conformation and walked very well. The only knock against him was that he is a huge sucker.

If it wasn't so early in the morning I'd have a gin and tonic. :)
"Who kills a man kills a reasonable creature, but he who destroys a good book kills reason itself." John Milton.

pfrsue
Grade III Winner

Postby pfrsue » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:45 am

Congratulations!!!!

Worksoplad
Starters Handicap

Postby Worksoplad » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:48 am

Thanks!!
"Who kills a man kills a reasonable creature, but he who destroys a good book kills reason itself." John Milton.

foothillsequine
Allowance Winner

Postby foothillsequine » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:57 am

It's never too early for a gin and tonic :D (it's five o'clock somewhere!) Congrats on your sale.
~Dare to Dream~

Bedouwia
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Bedouwia » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:07 am

In these difficult times, it is so nice to read some good news. I have many fond memories of Geoff's, and I bet you do too now. LOL Congratulations.

Bedouwia

erins isle
Grade III Winner

Postby erins isle » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:15 pm

Congrats, nice prize in these times. I hope he will run well for the sheik. Did you sell him as a foal? Just curious.
Goffs sales is a good one, went to it many times in the past.
The more I get to know people, the more I love animals.

K~2
Starters Handicap

Postby K~2 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:25 pm

A half-brother to my stallion was the session-topper today. Also sold to John Ferguson/Sheik Maktoum.
Legal Jousting (Indian Ridge X In Anticipation - Sadler's Wells) standing at Kingsgate Stud

Worksoplad
Starters Handicap

Postby Worksoplad » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:16 pm

erins isle wrote:Congrats, nice prize in these times. I hope he will run well for the sheik. Did you sell him as a foal? Just curious.
Goffs sales is a good one, went to it many times in the past.

No Erin. Unfortunately I have only seen photos. My wife and I had a trip to Ireland all booked and paid for for the sales, but my wife fell and broke her ankle the week before we were scheduled to fly to Dublin, so that put the kybosh on that. I am gutted because I had a personal tour of Coolmore and its CastleHyde Stud all arranged, plus tickets for the Goffs Million Races day at The Curragh on the Sunday.

I bred my Mare, Splendeur (Desert King) to Street Cry in Kentucky and then sent her over to CastleHyde Stud to foal and then be bred back to Hurricane Run. (Splendeur is out of a Saumarez mare, as is Epsom Derby winner Authorized, by Hurricane Run's sire Montjeu, so I was interesting in duplicating that in some fashion. She is a half sister to Gentlewave, winner of the Italian Derby (Gp-1) and 2nd to Dylan Thomas in the Irish Derby (Gp-1).)

Splendeur has a weanling filly by Hurricane Run and is back in foal to him. I am planning on breeding her to either Footstepsinthesand or Peintre Celebre next year.

erins isle
Grade III Winner

Postby erins isle » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:29 pm

Thank you for your story, how sad to miss such a trip at the last minute.
I wish you much success with Splendeur in future.

erins isle
Grade III Winner

Postby erins isle » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:37 pm

[quote="K~2"]A half-brother to my stallion was the session-topper today. Also sold to John Ferguson/Sheik Maktoum.[/quote]

No wonder, excellent family, 6 runners, 6 winners, vendor is an old established stud, colt is born early and must look good.
Let's hope he runs well in future!

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:22 pm

Congratulations! I hope he runs well for the new connections. :)

Worksoplad
Starters Handicap

Postby Worksoplad » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:55 pm

Thanks all. I am keeping my fingers crossed.