New York Breeders Sales Mixed Sale

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:37 am

I had to ask my husband what a "MILF" was and once he got up from the floor from laughing so hard he fell out of his chair, he informed me it stands for something like "moms I'd like to f***".. :shock:
Last edited by madelyn on Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Skipitgirl
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Skipitgirl » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:19 pm

Madelyn....

Yes thats the jist of it LOL!

My sons 15 yr old friend declared to me Saturday night at the Haunted House that I was a MILF. I firmly scolded him and he proceeded to inform me it was a compliment and that I was "smokin hot".

Im afraid for my daughter if boys act like this LOL!!!

ageecee
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby ageecee » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:26 pm

[quote="Skipitgirl"]Madelyn....

Yes thats the jist of it LOL!

My sons 15 yr old friend declared to me Saturday night at the Haunted House that I was a MILF. I firmly scolded him and he proceeded to inform me it was a compliment and that I was "smokin hot".

Im afraid for my daughter if boys act like this LOL!!![/quote]

Pics?

Skipitgirl
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Skipitgirl » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:56 pm

Im flattered..........you want my pics......did you know I just recently became a free woman or something? :lol:

Crystal
Freshman Sire

Postby Crystal » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:39 pm

ok, if anyone else wants to know what a MILF is, go rent American Pie/American Wedding... "Stiffler's Mom"..

Anyone go to the sale? Any crowd? Didn't look like many buyers.. I mean beside the "covergirl" :) Go Linda!!

reenci
Grade II Winner

Postby reenci » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:48 pm

Skipitgirl wrote:Im flattered..........you want my pics......did you know I just recently became a free woman or something? :lol:

now i'm interested.......yes i want the pic's........ :wink:
A great man cannot help himself," "He can see things that other men cannot see themselves, and his greatness lies in doing whatever is necessary to make his vision real

AscotStud
Grade III Winner

Postby AscotStud » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:52 pm

I missed it since I'm still down in KY training, but Chris went and said it was ok, most of the ones he liked had either slipped or were outs, so it was the first time in a while that we didn't come home with something. I think he's waiting for Kee Nov with a big list.
too weird to live...too rare to die
www.ascotstudfarm.com

winds
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby winds » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:51 am

It looks like the younger horses sold better than the mares, there were alot of outs.

winds

el camino
Allowance Winner

Postby el camino » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:07 pm

Gosh you people have no Life! What Horse Geeks you all are. How can you not know what a MILF is ?

foundationmare
Weanling

Postby foundationmare » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:31 pm

El Camino,

Was Affirm Promise a buy back? I spent quite a bit of time with her Tale of the Cat filly, Kitten's Tale, who is pretty as a picture but the poster child for Murphy's Law. She's had sooooo many medical issues, starting with deep tracts of infection in her chest that may have been the result of her running through a wood fence at some point. Debris was found as well as really nasty infection. Got that cleaned up but, once returned from Cornell, had to be meticulously maintained, medicated and handled with pretty much HAZMAT standards. Not fun. She also kicked out a pressure treated oak board in her stall and made a bloody mess of her right hind. Months and months of treatment on that one. You get the picture.

On a positive note, she had a lot of talent. Won her first out as a 2 y.o.

Problem child that she was, she's now a broodmare and has a weanling by Don Corleone (his dam is Twice Forbidden: I think you have a passing familiarity with her???). I think she may be bred back to him.

foundationmare
Weanling

BTW

Postby foundationmare » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:32 pm

I know what a MILF is! Didn't, however, until someone referred to me as one!

el camino
Allowance Winner

Postby el camino » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:22 pm

I purchased Affirm Promise. So sounds like I may have my handsfull with babies! Thats cool about Don Corleone. Way to keep it in "the family" I have not seen any of his babies yet.

foundationmare
Weanling

Postby foundationmare » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:32 pm

Don's babies are really nice. Sal posted only one pic on the NY Breeder's sight, but he (Don) was quite prolific this season. Don was always a great horse to handle, although I was never on his back. The day he won the NY Derby gave me the greatest day of my life! (with apologies to my kids...yeah, you were great too)...this was just over the top.

el camino
Allowance Winner

Postby el camino » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:10 am

That was an amazing day and the reason I purchase his momma. I also enjoyed your post on another thread about the foaling of the "Don". That was you correct? I talked to sal briefly at the sale. I would certainly like to help get some mares to him. In this market he can probably get some really good ones if Sal can take ownership of them.

foundationmare
Weanling

Postby foundationmare » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:55 am

Yeah, I'm the one that posted about Don's foaling. It was quite the morning; little did we know what would follow!