FT October

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

clh
Grade I Winner

FT October

Postby clh » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:06 am

Well, two were entered ---- and two were pulled from the FT October sale. Looks like Mick (Suave/McCaskill) and Bratley (Good Reward/Allou) will be going in another direction; either raced by us or to a two year old in training sale. The sales have been too bad to send these boys to them. I had already pulled Trace (Suave/Laird's Honor) out of the KEE September sale. 100% clean x-rays and scopes and you are still sure you can't sell them :?
"We are the people our parents warned us about" - Jimmy Buffett

"My occupational hazard is that my occupation is just not around" - Jimmy Buffett

dublino
Grade I Winner

Postby dublino » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:05 pm

That Suave is 3/4 to McTapit - right? er I mean Malibu Beach.

Wow that surely would have sold good?

Any pics of this one?

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:49 pm

clh, we pulled our filly too. Fortunately the sales were good to us this year. We're keeping the last one to race ourselves.

Best of luck at the track with yours! :)

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:47 pm

Yes dublino, "Mick" is 3/4 to Malibu Beach. And he looks so much better now than he did at the July sale. Much more fit and trim. Bratley is 3/4 to Hoopoe and Slew's Night Moves. Want to buy them?

LB - I knew the sale had been good to you (CONGRATS) and I too hope the filly races well for you guys. It is tough when you have "late bloomers" that you know will eventually bloom (like all of Allou's babes who end up monsters) but just aren't quite ready for the last sale of the year. She'll do well for you and hubby at the track. Let us know when you name her.

"My occupational hazard is that my occupation is just not around" - Jimmy Buffett

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:47 pm

Yes dublino, "Mick" is 3/4 to Malibu Beach. And he looks so much better now than he did at the July sale. Much more fit and trim. Bratley is 3/4 to Hoopoe and Slew's Night Moves. Want to buy them?

LB - I knew the sale had been good to you (CONGRATS) and I too hope the filly races well for you guys. It is tough when you have "late bloomers" that you know will eventually bloom (like all of Allou's babes who end up monsters) but just aren't quite ready for the last sale of the year. She'll do well for you and hubby at the track. Let us know when you name her.

dublino
Grade I Winner

Postby dublino » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:27 am

Remember the McTapit thread well and thinking she looked a nice filly and I hate greys.

Mick would be of interest if I lived in America sadly I don't.

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:53 am

clh, I named her yesterday, LOL. I'm thrilled that we're keeping her, can you tell? :wink:

She's by Broken Vow and her new name is "So Tempted". I went over and took a few pictures of her yesterday out in the field.

How are you coming with your names?

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:04 pm

The "boys of summer" leave tomorrow for Florida - yippee!! Thank goodness, yeh, woo-hoo, (can you tell I'm thrilled???) so until we see how they do I haven't named them yet? Still undecided on whether to send them through a two year old sale or keep them ourselves.

For Trace I like - Jamaicamecrazy (which is so fitting and I don't think it was taken)

For Mick I liked - Suavicito Mick (liked just Suavicito but am sure they wouldn't accept that ?? Go figure - the law says no song name can be copywritten - that is why there are song titles the same ....)

For Bratley - who knows?

Love your name! When does she go into training? Come January.

She looks great by the way. I thought she looked great at sale time too.
I hope to get photos of the boys before I send them off tomorrow. I gave all three of them baths tonight. Just me and them. They are so good sometimes - ha! And other times - they want to kill you ;) Well, not really - Trace is just so rank - he is really quite studdish and wants to rear all the time, he does not care if he has on a nose shank, a bit, etc... Mick and Bratley do really well. I will miss them actually but I won't miss the whole leading them in and out routine and them being studs - I can't keep them out together all the time unless I want them killing each other so they are ready to go - let them beat the hell out of each other somewhere else.

C

hpkingjr

Broken Vow

Postby hpkingjr » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:17 am

[quote="LB"]clh, I named her yesterday, LOL. I'm thrilled that we're keeping her, can you tell? :wink:

She's by Broken Vow and her new name is "So Tempted". I went over and took a few pictures of her yesterday out in the field.

Looks like Broken Vow had a winner in the 2 year old Bourbon Stakes yesterday at Keeneland, Interactif. I bet that made you smile at your decision to keep her.
Give the Pope and the King of England a horse and in thirty days, they'll be stealing halters.

LB
Eclipse Champion

Re: Broken Vow

Postby LB » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:13 am

hpkingjr wrote:
LB wrote:clh, I named her yesterday, LOL. I'm thrilled that we're keeping her, can you tell? :wink:

Looks like Broken Vow had a winner in the 2 year old Bourbon Stakes yesterday at Keeneland, Interactif. I bet that made you smile at your decision to keep her.

Funny thing is...a colt that we bred was also in the race making his first start on turf. (He finished 7th.) So while I enjoyed watching Interactif win, it was a little bittersweet. :)

Broken Vow has been very good to us. I love what he produces, so I'm really happy to be able to race one myself.

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:17 am

clh, I know you've had your hands full! It's time to let someone else colt-wrangle for a while. :wink:

I love the name you have picked out for Trace. When will you decide whether yours are going in a sale or racing for you? We're going to take our time with our filly and leave her turned out until the end of the year. Probably in January, she'll head off to the training center.

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:49 pm

It wasn't the best weather for yearling shopping but things were definitely quiet at Fasig Tipton this afternoon. I know a lot of sellers are hoping that things pick up tomorrow.

JDufort
Suckling

Stop by...

Postby JDufort » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:10 pm

Sherbrooke sales and say hello to fellow poster Johanna Dufort, who has four yearlings at the sale for clients.

magic code
Starters Handicap

Postby magic code » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:54 pm

Looks like an absolute bloodbath. High is $85k for #152. Only counted 8 horses over $40k.

Hold Your Peace
Allowance Winner

Postby Hold Your Peace » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:01 pm

Median up, buyback rate down, average down only slightly