CTHS Winter Mixed Sale

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Mood Swings
Grade II Winner

CTHS Winter Mixed Sale

Postby Mood Swings » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:51 pm

The catalogue is now available on line

www.cthsont.com

Sam-Son has a very nice mare in hip #45 selling in foal to Corinthian :shock: She also sells with a complimentary season to either Dance to Destiny or Strut the Stage. I pick her as the sale topper :wink: Unless her legs are on backwards ...
"People come and go but horses leave hoofprints on your heart"

Jenny
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Jenny » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:03 pm

I like hip #30. We raced her half brother Deputy Chris. C
We loved him. I have always wanted a Buckpasser lined mare and Buckfinders Choice was a good broodmare. Too bad she died after having Divine Class.

Maureen
Allowance Winner

Postby Maureen » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:50 pm

Has anyone received their hard copy yet? Everyday I go to the post office looking, but nothing! I have a lot of reading to do before the 28th. :D

Mood Swings
Grade II Winner

Postby Mood Swings » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:29 pm

I haven't recieved one in the mail yet, however I did get one from the CTHS office. Any day now Maureen .... any day :D

I hope the weather is nice, in fact if it could be as nice as it was on Sunday I won't complain ;)

AscotStud
Grade III Winner

Postby AscotStud » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:37 pm

Hip 71 and 121 would be my top picks if it wasn't for the infoal sire and sire of the weanling. Battle at Sea looks like he could be a pretty decent horse. Out of our consignment Polish Words is a personal fav and her filly is pretty nice. The 2yo out of the mare won a maiden special at Belmont this year and just ran 6th on the dirt in a 400k Stake at Calder.

Still, as long as the same people keep running the sales at Woodbine I think we are doomed. We being those who sell, not the buyers who have been in a paradise forever.
too weird to live...too rare to die
www.ascotstudfarm.com

Maureen
Allowance Winner

Postby Maureen » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:56 am

I STILL don't have a catalogue! Have the rest of you received yours in the mail yet? So many horses, so little time. LOL

AscotStud
Grade III Winner

Postby AscotStud » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:52 pm

166 entries x $700 a horse, base = $116000. But hey we don’t need to get the book out, people can look at the hips one by one or drive to the office and pick one up if its done. Get a book out before someone heads down for the end of Keeneland Nov, what’s Keeneland? I would love for the preferred and mixed to have to earn its minimum commission.
As far as the September books, its must have been too difficult to send a box of books down to Fort Erie, but Fort Erie did manage too get Keeneland, Tattersalls, and the BC cths sales books.

www.ascotstudfarm.com

Maureen
Allowance Winner

Postby Maureen » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:56 am

I would love to attend one of the 'after-sale' meetings where the CTHS discusses how things went and what needs to be improved/changed. After the experiences we had at the yearling sale, there are a lot of things on my mind! And Ascot, I want to take you with me!!!!

Mood Swings
Grade II Winner

Postby Mood Swings » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:59 am

I'm sticking with #45 :) There's a nice update under the second dam with She Be Wild winning the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies.
I have several pages earmarked for mares and weanlings, there will be many to look at.

Maureen - I did recieve a catalogue in the mail but I would definately call the CTHS to complain because I do agree that recieving a catalogue a mere 12 days before the sale is rediculous IMHO :wink:

AscotStud
Grade III Winner

Postby AscotStud » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:39 pm

The She Be Wild update is not that big IMO with Carson Hollow already in there and a very strong ped. I really don't thing this horse will actually sell and if she does someone got themselves a great deal, because there is not the money at this sale to justify selling this horse...She would have brought $30-50k at Keeneland, the big hurt being all of those DtoD's she has on the ground.
Bottom line nice young mare in foal to a wiseguy young sire, produce a worry, family very strong.
My guess she's here because her produce potential would have pushed way too many people off her regardless of her ped and infoal sire...still don't think she will bring close to her potential.
On another note the She Be Wild win was very popular in my barn as my vet also does all of Catalanos KY work and they were very high on her after the bad trip she got in the Alcibiadies

www.ascotstudfarm.com

briarhalo
Allowance Winner

Postby briarhalo » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:22 am

I have....2 days ago!

I was briefly glancing through it last night and there is a 5 year old chestnut mare in there, for the life of me, forget her name, Final Chapter maybe? Or Final Edition..... Just calling out to me for some reason.....chestnut, 4 whites and a blaze I think it said. Hubby said......you are NOT allowed to have another horse (need another broodmare....)....don't know what's calling......but she is...... :P
Last edited by briarhalo on Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maureen
Allowance Winner

Postby Maureen » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:02 am

I've just finished going through the catalogue and cross-referencing those mares that had yearlings go through the sale in September, just to get a better idea of values. All I can say is 'let's hope the market is on an upswing'. :(

K~2
Starters Handicap

Postby K~2 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:57 pm

Still haven't got my hard copy in the mail yet. But hey... I still haven't been paid for the yearling I sold in September. :roll:
Legal Jousting (Indian Ridge X In Anticipation - Sadler's Wells) standing at Kingsgate Stud

Maureen
Allowance Winner

Postby Maureen » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:08 pm

We just got paid about 2-1/2 weeks ago, and the cheque came from the sales agent, with all of his deductions taken off, not the CTHS. Is this a common practice? The part that bugged me the most-had to pay $90.00 for the halter, and didn't even get to keep it! :evil:

K~2
Starters Handicap

Postby K~2 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:33 pm

Yes, it's common practice for the consignor to receive the payment. It ensures that they are paid for their services.
Legal Jousting (Indian Ridge X In Anticipation - Sadler's Wells) standing at Kingsgate Stud