Tattersall,s on the rise

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

BenB
Sophomore Sire

Tattersall,s on the rise

Postby BenB » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:18 am

westover
Allowance Winner

Postby westover » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:18 pm

I was having a look at the Mare sale at Tattersalls in England, it starts this week i believe. There are some really interesting mares in there. :)
Horse Radish

erins isle
Grade III Winner

Postby erins isle » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:33 am

It started yesterday:

LAHALEEB TOPS STRONG OPENING DAY OF TATTERSALLS DECEMBER MARE SALE

The Tattersalls December Mare Sale got off to a strong start on the first of four days with the top class race filly LAHALEEB selling 1,000,000 guineas. There were a total of 173 lots sold on the opening day for 10,908,000 guineas at an average of 63,052 guineas and a median of 19,000 guineas.

The top class filly LAHALEEB, who won the Grade 1 EP Taylor Stakes at Woodbine at her most recent start, looks set to continue her globetrotting after being knocked down to jockey John Egan for 1,000,000 guineas. The daughter of REDBACK also caught the attention of Seamus Burns and Tom Ryan, as well as the underbidder Richard Frisby, but the trio were beaten to the prize by Egan who was buying on behalf of an undisclosed client. Consigned from Mick Channon's West Ilsley Stables, the three-year-old filly out of the BLUSHING FLAME mare FLAMES had also recorded wins in the Group 2 Rockfel Stakes and Group 3 Fred Darling, as well as being placed in the Irish 1,000 Guineas.

Earlier in the evening Jim Bolger's top class filly LUSH LASHES failed to sell at 1,800,000 guineas. Three lots later the Coolcullen-based trainer had more luck when the Group 3 winning four-year-old mare PRIMA LUCE was knocked down to Charlie Gordon-Watson for 560,000 guineas. The daughter of GALILEO was offered in foal to SHAMARDAL, Darley's top class son of GIANT'S CAUSEWAY whose first crop of Northern Hemisphere two-year-olds include the smart Group 3 winning colt ARCTIC and in the Southern Hemisphere, the Group 1 Victoria Oaks winner FAINT PERFUME. Gordon-Watson, who beat off Kern Lillingston's Luke Lillingston to secure the mare, indicated that she was purchased on behalf of William Sporborg's Breeding Capital.

London Thoroughbred Services' James Wigan had to go to 600,000 guineas to secure HIGH HEELED, Barry Hills' Listed winning daughter of HIGH CHAPARRAL who also finished third in the Group 1 Oaks behind SARISKA. The three-year-old daughter of the Grade 2 winning TURTLE ISLAND mare UNCHARTED HAVEN was knocked down to Wigan on behalf of an undisclosed client following fierce resistance from French agent Michel Zerolo and will stay in training.

The Tattersalls December Mare Sale continues on Tuesday, December 1st at 10am.

You can subscibe to their maillist and get all the news you want.
Also if you have the software (real player) you can look live at the sales. It is all explained on their site.
The more I get to know people, the more I love animals.

louis finochio
Darley line

Postby louis finochio » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:49 am

Ask For the Moon, the dam of Sale Topper, has 32 crosses of NP---0 of PH.
A very rare occurance in todays time frame.
Those without sin cast the first stone.
Louis Finochio

westover
Allowance Winner

Postby westover » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:52 am

Hey thanks for posting that i wondered what Lahaleeb would bring.. Thats great.
Horse Radish

nferro9925
Grade III Winner

Postby nferro9925 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:47 pm

Now Song went for $3 million dollars :D

Georgerz
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Georgerz » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:53 pm

Louis wrote: "Ask For the Moon, the dam of Sale Topper, has 32 crosses of NP---0 of PH.
A very rare occurance in todays time frame."
That is a totally incorrect statement. That mare is from the Roberto sireline, has Mr. Prospector, Northern Dancer etc in her pedigree.

erins isle
Grade III Winner

Postby erins isle » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:54 am

Yesterday in the Racing Post:

Mick Channon’s recent Italian Group 1 winner Eva’s Request was offered for owner Liam Mulryan from Rathbarry Stud and is heading across the Atlantic after selling for 525,000gns to agent Hugo Lascelles.

"Her racing career is over and she’s for an American client who has bought here before." said Lascelles. "She’ll be going to Smart Strike and she was a really tough, hardy racemare."

She was a great race horse, comes from a solid family with just a bit ND blood, certainly not in the damline anyway.

If any of you may see her in future or have some news, please post it. Many years ago I owned a mare coming from the same family, a daughter of Shade.
The more I get to know people, the more I love animals.

louis finochio
Darley line

Postby louis finochio » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:40 am

I posted the wrong AFTM F, 1974 my error.
Those without sin cast the first stone.

Louis Finochio