New sire by SPECTACULAR BID for 2010!!

Talk about equine color, markings, genetics, etc. Post pictures of flashy Thoroughbreds!

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jorge, Sunday Silence

Jorge

New sire by SPECTACULAR BID for 2010!!

Postby Jorge » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:26 am

dublino
Grade I Winner

Postby dublino » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:56 pm

Geld Him

reedhill
Grade III Winner

Postby reedhill » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:34 pm

He's strong and good looking, looks like he would have good movement with his nice shoulder angle. I don't care for him being croup high and steep but for the hunters could be an advantage. Pretty head.

Crystal
Freshman Sire

Postby Crystal » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:56 pm

anybody else HATE the new TB times stallion pages..

reedhill
Grade III Winner

Postby reedhill » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:58 pm

The highlights section is so small I can harldly reed it, and that should be the biggest.

ak1
Allowance Winner

Postby ak1 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:27 pm

dublino wrote:Geld Him

Given that Spectacular Bid was quite popular with the sport horse show world, I don't know that I'd geld him. From a sport horse perspective, he is marketable and more so if they can show him (dressage perhaps?).

Certainly would not jump on him as a racing stud,although the bloodlines are intriguing as an outcross.

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:54 pm

ak1 wrote: Given that Spectacular Bid was quite popular with the sport horse show world, I don't know that I'd geld him. From a sport horse perspective, he is marketable and more so if they can show him (dressage perhaps?).

Certainly would not jump on him as a racing stud,although the bloodlines are intriguing as an outcross.

I agree with your opinion "ak1". There is another point to standout: Spectacular Bid was a formidable sire of sound progeny with remarkable versatility. And I am not referring to his ability to sire precocious sprinting middle distance & Classic runners, but rather to his mighty built. Thats the reason why he is become a respectable force as a second broodmare sire, not to mention his decent merits as a broodmare sire alone.

Perhaps our breeders of color Thoroughbreds may want to consider his genes more frequently, especially since his sire Bold Bidder was known for reproducing some conservatively, yet very telltelling unusual face markings. Not to mention Promised Land (Mahmoud). Remember that Spectacular Bid was a gray, and ordinarily, grays don't tend to stamp many loud white socks on their gets. (Well, not every gray sports a phenotype like Snowbound Paisley or Mystiko). I would like to suggest to our color breeders to try to keep alive Spectacular Bid's male lineage in combo with their coat color of preference. What a tribute it could be! Not only to his greatness as one of the mightiest runners of all time, but also for the sake of his physical qualities for the benefice of our equines. Why not try it?

reedhill
Grade III Winner

Postby reedhill » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:27 pm

You are right Jorge, Greys and Blacks are Very important to bringing color forward. Case in point the paint stallion Stetsons Mr Blue, came out of mostly black and grey. http://www.pedigreequery.com/forum/view ... hp?t=26949
I know he's not TB, but I would bet it is the same for all breeds trying to increse certain color characteristics, the grays and blacks are always in the backround either close up or in the back of the pedigree.

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:28 am

Another sire by Spectacular Bid that reinforces the fact that Spectacular Bid's tail lineage is highly regarded among various sport horse disciplines.

Runaway Valentino (gray h 1999) (standing in N.Y.) http://www.pedigreequery.com/runaway+valentino

Skipitgirl
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Skipitgirl » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:26 pm

Way overpriced, esp for sporthorse people. You can breed to a PROVEN stallion for a lot less.

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:08 pm

Most probable, this multiple champion and international star is SPECTACULAR BID's most talented and sturdy tail male grandson up to this day. Hope this horse makes it as a stallion in his country.

DANZIG PRINCE RACE: http://www.pedigreequery.com/danzig+prince+race

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:29 pm

More on this tail male descendant by Spectacular Bid:

http://www.criadoresdecaballos.com.mx/I ... Prince.pdf

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:07 pm

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:31 pm

summerhorse
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby summerhorse » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:09 am

Skipitgirl wrote:Way overpriced, esp for sporthorse people. You can breed to a PROVEN stallion for a lot less.

I'm sure there are many less and many that will cost you more. But they probably aren't by Spectacular Bid! I do think they should start him out lower but I suspect he could be bargained for. I would definitely put him in training though, even if he can't jump he could go on the flat for pleasure and equitation classes, start out with dressage, etc. Just get him out there and seen!
Every mighty oak was once an acorn that stood its ground.