Stallion by Two Punch in need -- URGENT

Discuss horse welfare and rescue and horses in need of assistance.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, Diane

Garysmom
Weanling

Stallion by Two Punch in need -- URGENT

Postby Garysmom » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:45 pm

We have a stallion at our farm that came in as a layup from knee surgery. He has never come sound and recent xrays show a lot of arthritis in the joint. He will not be sound. The owner said to put him down or find him a home, but I only have a week. He is beautiful, classic show hunter looks. Big guy, looks like a warmblood. His sire is Two Punch who is by Mr. Prospector, his dam is by Slewpy who is by Seattle Slew. His name is Mike's Kong if you want to look up his pedigree. I have pics if you want to see him. If anyone is interested, please call me at 215-820-8804 or send me a pm. He only has until next Thurs. Thanks

Runnerandrider
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Runnerandrider » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:05 am

If anyone can help with transport to GA, I can at least take him and give him a place to be until a permanant home can be found.

Derby Lyn
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Derby Lyn » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:13 pm

If he is still available you should post this on the chronicles forum.

Garysmom
Weanling

Need Transport

Postby Garysmom » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:03 pm

I have someone who can take him to breed to AQHA mares for Appendix, which he would be perfect for. Now I need to find him a cheap ride to Tarpon Springs FL or possible just to near Ocala.

If anyone is heading from NJ/PA and can fit him in, please call me at 215-820-8804. The woman will take him as long as it doesn't cost too much to get him down there.

Thank you all.