List here the PERLINOS you know:

Talk about equine color, markings, genetics, etc. Post pictures of flashy Thoroughbreds!

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jorge, Sunday Silence

angrovestud
Allowance Winner

Postby angrovestud » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:24 am

Jorge there no web site on link it says its no longer there? your first post
A coloured leaving its mark
Angrove stud breeding your racing colours

I am dyslexic it can be funny!

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:43 pm

Unfortunately "Geocities" no longer exists. I am working on something new! :D

angrovestud
Allowance Winner

Postby angrovestud » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:23 am

Oh I very much look forward to it. :D

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:17 am

Well - Pearlescent is in foal to Guaranteed Gold and due April 18th so not long left to wait for her foal! Just over 2 months ... and I am quite frankly hoping for the worlds first smoky cream foal (33% chance of that happening!) but a perlino would be just fine too ... :)

And then Jorge can start a new section for "All of the Smoky Creams that you know!" :)
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds & Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold - 16.1hh cremello TB stallion - CSHA and AQHA, APHA, ApHC listed

Fairplayfarm
Weanling

Postby Fairplayfarm » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:52 am

What about Excaliber Fox? it lists him as palomino but states in comments he is Perlino? Anyone know any different?

http://www.pedigreequery.com/excalibur+fox
~Alexis Ingraham
Fair Play Farm
www.fairplayfarm.net

color
Allowance Winner

Postby color » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:57 am

I know from his owner that he is definitely a PERLINO.
http://www.gestuet-falkenhorst.com
Exceptional colored German WBs, TBs and Arabs

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:23 am

Fairplay - Pearlescent is a perlino and so is her 2009 filly. I asked for "bay" for the perlino filly and the JC would not do so, and she got registered as "palomino". Pearlescent is also registered as palomino, even though I have asked several times (armed with her genetic test results) to get her re-classified as "bay"

They wont do it and only offered to register her as "white" instead ... :roll: ... which would be an even BIGGER mess down the road ...

But ... I am waiting for the day that Pearl (as a *palomino*) gets bred to a chestnut stallion and foals a buckskin, and then all of the red flags will start flying as genetically, its impossible to GET a buckskin out of a chestnut/palomino cross

Absolute abject stupidity on their part ...
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds & Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold - 16.1hh cremello TB stallion - CSHA and AQHA, APHA, ApHC listed

color
Allowance Winner

Postby color » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:16 am

TC, do you really think the JC will KNOW that a chestnut with Perlino can produce a buckskin, I rather guess NO flags will go up as they have NO idea at all about genetics otherwise that whole color crap would not exist.

There will be a Perlino one day registered in Germany with the "open eared German JC" I suppose ...... then you can all again fight for that color.

BTW did anyone have their cremellos now in the correct color on the papers?

RiddleMeThis
Allowance Winner

Postby RiddleMeThis » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:40 am

color wrote:TC, do you really think the JC will KNOW that a chestnut with Perlino can produce a buckskin, I rather guess NO flags will go up as they have NO idea at all about genetics otherwise that whole color crap would not exist.
The JC have stated that they KNOW the colors exist and that they are correct but in their words they are not a color registry, and thus just do not care.

ACC can give you the direct quote on that.
Check out my Equine Genetics blog! Updated April 25th with Splashed White!!!
http://equinegenetics.blogspot.com/

color
Allowance Winner

Postby color » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:57 am

But if the International Convention that is held every now and then will decide on another color on the papers like they did with Palomino and Cremello, the USA JC has to follow this like every other JC too!

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:05 pm

TC, do you really think the JC will KNOW that a chestnut with Perlino can produce a buckskin, I rather guess NO flags will go up as they have NO idea at all about genetics otherwise that whole color crap would not exist.

If Pearl (as a "palomino") is bred to a chestnut stallion, and a buckskin comes out with black points you can bet the JC will be up in arms as that cant be genetically possible!

BTW did anyone have their cremellos now in the correct color on the papers?

No. Cremello's "Dont exist ..." :roll:

There will be a Perlino one day registered in Germany with the "open eared German JC" I suppose ...... then you can all again fight for that color.

Wont matter to them. They are very much aware that you have buckskin recognized over there and they refuse to do so over here. So far anyhow ...

But if the International Convention that is held every now and then will decide on another color on the papers like they did with Palomino and Cremello, the USA JC has to follow this like every other JC too!

no they dont Gwen. I dont know what the difference is between palomino and buckskin, but the American JC DID agree to go along with palomino, but they appear to be digging their heels in on buckskin and we dont know why ...
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:18 pm

Ah. You folks trying to get things "correct" with the Jockey Club are not alone.

I have a pal who had a dark bay (reg as Dk Bay) AQHA mare whom she bred to a buckskin stallion.. and she got a perlinlo filly. I suspected the mare was in fact an extremely dark palomino (sometimes can be called a black chestnut). Well a flurry of letters, hair pulling, DNA testing, etc., and the mare DOES have the dilute gene, and the filly is finally registered as a perlino. The AQHA first steadfastly refused since perlino was "not a possibility" from a buckskin and a dark bay...
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:52 pm

How many rare colored Thoroughbreds are being exported to Germany? Who knows, perhaps the list should increase for the sake of adding new coat color nomenclatures :D

color
Allowance Winner

Postby color » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:42 pm

We had Palomino and Cremello, now actually buckskin too and I have entered Frame Overo which is an accepted color now here too.

But I run against a wall with the white, they came back as GREY and actually I am on that one now as I do not want grey in my papers when the horse is all white and in addition it is a palomino.

So only Perlino and Smoky Cream is missing as I am sure a Smoky Black I would run against a wall too and it would be either brown or black.

angrovestud
Allowance Winner

Postby angrovestud » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:24 am

In the Uk we can have Cremmello, white Painted skewbald or piebald along with the regular bay chestnut grey black I will have to look when our foal registration papers come and let you guys know that the mother ship weatherbys does allow in the UK