Proud Flesh

Veterinary, horse care, and training issues.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, madelyn

Rez
2yo Maiden

Postby Rez » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:55 pm

Get some used motor oil and a paint brush...clean the wound off and paint the used motor oil on the wound..its a old cowboy recipe. I have a Matty G filly that got a huge cut on her chest, this cut should of left a huge scar, but within 2 weeks the wound was dang near healed up with no scaring. I've used the wonder dust and it does work, but nothing like the used motor oil. I laughed at it when I was told to try it, not any more. This really works. It really works on proud flesh

griff
Leading Sire

Postby griff » Tue May 18, 2010 1:41 am

Rez

The used motor oil worked better than anything I tried.. This wound was on the inside of the back knee and every time she took a step it would flex the wound.

However, it is closing nicely since we started brushing it with the used motor oil.

Thanks for the info.
"We has met the enemy and he is us" [Pogo]

vallygirl927
Allowance Winner

Postby vallygirl927 » Tue May 18, 2010 9:51 am

I used well horse...it's resin based and creates a "seal" keeping dirt out but allowing you to keep it unbandaged.

Brogan
2yo Maiden

Postby Brogan » Tue May 18, 2010 12:42 pm

Rez wrote:...clean the wound off and paint the used motor oil on the wound...

Sounds counter productive....clean it then put dirty stuff on it. But can't argue with results! I've heard about the motor oil thing too...never seen it put to use tho.

griff
Leading Sire

Postby griff » Sat May 22, 2010 6:40 pm

There is no dirt in the used crankcase oil I am using... Just plain motor oil that has been cook a tad and turned black..

griff
"We has met the enemy and he is us" [Pogo]