1991 Waquoit mare: Cotuit Bay needs help ASAP

Discuss horse welfare and rescue and horses in need of assistance.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, Diane

kc
Suckling

1991 Waquoit mare: Cotuit Bay needs help ASAP

Postby kc » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:18 pm

Hello, this is about as last minute as it gets but I've just come across this mare who is scheduled to ship to slaughter tomorrow (04/23/10).

http://www.pedigreequery.com/cotuit+bay

She is listed through this site:
http://www.ac4h.com/BrokerOwnedProgram.htm

She does not look too good at the moment, but a google search turned up some past sale ads where she looks quite nice. If anyone has room for another horse, she may be a great addition. I only wish I could afford to take her in.

Tbird
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Tbird » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:48 pm

Where is she?

Tbird
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Tbird » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:56 pm

I just emailed them to ask where she is. I want to help her.

Tbird
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Tbird » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:04 pm

I'm told by Christy at ac4h that she is safe. I'm going to see if I can aquire her.

kc
Suckling

Postby kc » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:05 pm

Oh thank-you!!

I have been furiously typing, posting, researching, anything at all to help her. Please let me know if you need any help, I have never contacted this particular organization, but there are some people over on Chronicle of the Horse forums who seem to deal with them. I can try and contact them to see if they can help. I'm not sure how often they might check email and time is sure running out.

Keep me posted about how things go, if you don't end up with her I'll keep on trying to find someone.

Send me a PM or email if you like.

Tbird
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Tbird » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:12 pm

KC, do you know where this mare is?? Christy didn't say--just said "she is safe". I very much want her but not sure I can get her if she's, say, way up in Canada or something.

kc
Suckling

Postby kc » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:20 pm

I just went to the site and saw that she is now listed as P/VFH. The P means pending and I guess the VFH is the person interested? Is that you or is someone else interested as well?

I've never dealt with this before. I'm not sure where she is, something tells me it's PA. I am going to search on the chronicle forums, I'm sure I saw something about that before. I'll also send a message to the poster who always starts the threads about the AC4H listings.

I'm in KY and can help with a layover if needed.

Tbird
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Tbird » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:30 pm

No, it's not me pending. I think the organization is in PA but this mare was listed on their broker page so that leads me to believe she could be anywhere.
I'm thinking since Christy didn't tell me what to do to get/help the mare, but simply said that she is safe, that someone must be in the process of adopting her.
Let me know if you hear anything more and thanks for the offer of layover.

kc
Suckling

Postby kc » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:00 pm

A search of the Chronicle forums has turned up threads stating the broker owned horses are in PA.

I've also emailed AC4H asking them where the broker owned horses are and stating there is interest in the mare should the pending adoption fall through. I said I just want to make sure she is safe, I'd hate for the adoption to tank at the last minute and she somehow slips through the cracks and ships.

Keep me posted, I'll help however I can.

KBEquine
Grade III Winner

Postby KBEquine » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:11 pm

Here's the COTH forum post.

Glad to hear she's safe!

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/showt ... ost4822809

kc
Suckling

Postby kc » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:31 pm

Yep-that's my post for her there too. I think my fingers are about to fall off, I've been at this all afternoon. :)

I'm glad there has been interest, I can sleep better tonight.