Tevez.

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Sat May 15, 2010 5:11 pm

Man ! I was so proud of him as he was the only horse to go out after the leader in the stretch and maybe in a couple of jumps gets it all. Maybe have a little rest up now and try the grass going 7 furlongs at Mountaineer instead of shipping him again. Paid $19 for the place,can't get any respect.

Jessi P

Postby Jessi P » Sat May 15, 2010 6:05 pm

Wow what a powerful race - congratulations! Tevez ran super and almost won the whole thing, beaten just a neck. The winner was a nice horse, and got claimed, to boot.

WELL DONE!! Congratulations, ya & Tevey done good. :)
Jessi P
330 383 1281
[email protected]

rumple
Weanling

Postby rumple » Sun May 16, 2010 2:55 am

Nice sandbag with Tevez, he loves that tapeta! That was shocking he went off at 16-1, almost pulled it off! Any others coming through the pipeline after Tev and Amazon run?

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sun May 16, 2010 6:25 am

Dangitall!!! I was going to bet on him and was at a tack auction - missed the Preakness - was more disappointed that I missed Tevez's race!!!

Good one, though - get a check and keep his condition..
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

BenB
Sophomore Sire

Postby BenB » Thu May 20, 2010 8:45 am

That,s great.

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Thu May 20, 2010 6:23 pm

Thanks All !! Actually Rumple I had an unraced 4 yr old filly that was training super and was a week from running but one morning I came in and she has a hitch in behind . How it happened is a mystery but we do have a drunk living near the barn where I rent who has a dog that chases cats at will and he also wakes up the barn at any old time of night ,it's a real worry to me. I hope that she did not get up quickly from a fright as it's always been a nightmare of mine. I shall never know of course and I can only wait for her to sound up again.

BenB
Sophomore Sire

Postby BenB » Fri May 21, 2010 3:41 am

What is an hitch in behind???

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Fri May 21, 2010 8:41 am

Well Ben it's like a hop at the trot, not a nodding lameness but as if she has a problem up high. Whatever caused it I do not know but it has set back her program until it goes away.

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:07 am

Well we are actually back in at Presque Isle going six and a half furlongs a few days before the turf race here because it was put on as an extra by the Racing Secretary and the distance may suit at this point. The turf scenario may not play out just yet with a forecast of showers coming up ,I just could not think of running again on the Mountaineer dirt surface with him again if it was taken off the turf. The cooler weather may help him too but on the downside we are up against the Jamie Ness juggernaut which goes as the favourite choice < 100 wins and counting this year already>, oh well ! Friday I have a filly in at Penn from the same crop as Rachel Alexandra out of a half sister to The Judge Sez Who , I am hoping for the best but it's a long haul to Penn from here. Unfortunately the Turf racing has disrupted the allowance races now on the dirt.

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:02 pm

Poor Tevvy had to change his style a little and take off after the 3-5 shot on the lead which softened them both up for a late charger that paid boxcars and looked great in the paddock. He was only beaten 2 lengths for all of it and may get this condition win in the near future. I am glad that I never waited for the turf as the rain here at Mountaineer has been unrelenting.

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:13 pm

Well Tevvy is in the last tonight at Presque Isle and going two turns for the first time this year ,it's going to be interesting for sure and thankfully the heat and relentless humidity has gone from this town so he should like that. Not so sure about his stamina but he does train long in the mornings and enjoys that!

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:41 pm

Two words................disaster! At least he came home in one piece!

onalimb
Allowance Winner

Postby onalimb » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:22 am

better luck next time...
onalimb

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:25 pm

Well tonight he finally got to run locally on the turf even though it was a little short for him but I needed to see if he had matured enough to do his best on grass too, as well as the Tapeta at Presque Isle. He was in tight approaching the turn and lost a bit of ground but rallied when clear to get up for 2nd beaten a neck for it all. I was thrilled and so was he ,add this to last night's win and 3rd and it was a good time. Hang on.............I feel a tune coming on !!

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:23 am

Wow what a great two days for your stable!! Nice bank boost.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....