Keeneland September Sale

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

LB
Eclipse Champion

Keeneland September Sale

Postby LB » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:33 am

The catalogue is available online at www.keeneland.com :)

Crystal
Freshman Sire

Postby Crystal » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:34 pm

It's going to be a long 3 weeks at the sale. LOL

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:51 pm

Crystal wrote:It's going to be a long 3 weeks at the sale. LOL

But more fun than WEG. :wink:

Crystal
Freshman Sire

Postby Crystal » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:11 pm

Definetly, but I CANNOT wait for the 5pm traffic coming out of KEE when the WEG'GER begin to land.

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:44 pm

wow, is there enough Distorted Humor in book 1?
All shouting does is make you lose your voice.
----Arrested Development

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:16 pm

Crystal wrote:Definetly, but I CANNOT wait for the 5pm traffic coming out of KEE when the WEG'GER begin to land.

I'll be scooting out the back gate. :wink:

jagger
Grade III Winner

September Sale

Postby jagger » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:16 pm

We have a Candy Ride filly, hip #358 and a Stormy Atlantic filly, hip # 634. Ian and Jean Carmichael have done wonders with these two and I hope they sell well as I just took the plunge and bought a horse on the track. Need the jing to help pay the bills for this adventure.

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Postby Tappiano » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:59 am

This will be my first time there, I will only get to see the first night since it's a very short weekend trip but I hope to get around to meet a lot of people at the grounds and see a lot of yearlings. I printed out the first night's hip numbers and I'll read through them when I'm flying out to Del Mar. I figure that was a better weekend to go look at stallions for next year than in October because I can see some yearlings and weanlings by the stallions I am interested in. I will NOT be buying anything so I'm not sure that I will be able to actually SIT anywhere at the sale but I will find somewhere to hang out.

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:39 am

Tappiano wrote:This will be my first time there, I will only get to see the first night since it's a very short weekend trip but I hope to get around to meet a lot of people at the grounds and see a lot of yearlings. I printed out the first night's hip numbers and I'll read through them when I'm flying out to Del Mar. I figure that was a better weekend to go look at stallions for next year than in October because I can see some yearlings and weanlings by the stallions I am interested in. I will NOT be buying anything so I'm not sure that I will be able to actually SIT anywhere at the sale but I will find somewhere to hang out.

Tap, you can sit anywhere you want. The seats are "assigned" but really nobody pays any attention to that. Usually the pavillion is only about a third full anyway. Most of the "important people" gather out back.

Seating might be a little tighter than normal during the first two night sessions, but if you see a seat you want, just take it. Worst case, someone asks you to move--and you go take another empty seat. No big deal.

As for stallions, don't forget that many of them are away shuttling in Sept/Oct.

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Postby Tappiano » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:03 am

I've got the appointments to see who I want to see :) and while I am there I might sneak peaks at the other one's just so they don't feel left. Kind of like how Quiet American HAS to come out last, I would not want any of the stallions at the farms I visit to feel left out either.

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:54 am

Why does Quiet Am. have to come out last?

oooooh, a half to Better Talk Now by Afleet Alex. Where's the drooling icon.
I also "want" a Hard Spun and a Bernardini . . . Also need a "dreaming" icon.

----Arrested Development

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Postby Tappiano » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:06 pm

He is the king, he wants to be included. I am not sure why last versus first but the minute he came out he just struck a regal pose and did not move a muscle.

I need to win the lottery :P

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:42 pm

Well Tap, he deserves it. I love to see him in a pedigree.

----Arrested Development

jagger
Grade III Winner

quiet american

Postby jagger » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:59 pm

Tappiano,

I take it you are a Fappiano fan....as am I. Mr. P's best son....by far. I love him in a pedigree as well. Especially in combo with Storm Cat and A.P. Indy. Any combo's you like? We have a Storm Cat granddaughter on the track now that we are thinking about taking to QA when her racing career ends. I would love to hear more detail about Quiet American's nature/habits/personality, if you wouldn't mind. Perhaps in the form of a PM so as not to bore the others on the forum.

Thanks

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Postby Tappiano » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:01 pm

Here are three pictures, two stallions, I hope you can see the difference, not just because one is cleaner :D but because of his "presence". The other one isn't too shabby either !