PedigreeQuery Is Not Keeping Up to Date

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

KBEquine
Grade III Winner

Postby KBEquine » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:12 am

Tappiano wrote:I'm just curious why you would pay for a membership when the data you are relying on is not verified? This is the site that had Storm Cat listed as a gelding for a week or so.

I only rely on the family numbers, which are automatically generated & not easy for someone to change. (Or not, I think they might be gone, again). I occasionally use the sibling function, although the progeny function is at no charge, so I will instead find the dam & look at her progeny (rather than the offspring & look at his/her siblings).

For the rest, I go to Equibase (for race records) and equineline.com for pedigree & manually search there for offspring, etc.

If there were another easy source for family numbers, I would use it.

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Postby Tappiano » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:18 pm

offspring are not working again.

KBEquine
Grade III Winner

Postby KBEquine » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:41 pm

KBEquine wrote:
Tappiano wrote:I'm just curious why you would pay for a membership when the data you are relying on is not verified? This is the site that had Storm Cat listed as a gelding for a week or so.

I only rely on the family numbers, which are automatically generated & not easy for someone to change. (Or not, I think they might be gone, again). I occasionally use the sibling function, although the progeny function is at no charge, so I will instead find the dam & look at her progeny (rather than the offspring & look at his/her siblings).

For the rest, I go to Equibase (for race records) and equineline.com for pedigree & manually search there for offspring, etc.

If there were another easy source for family numbers, I would use it.

Tappiano wrote:offspring are not working again.

And because of the repetition of this sort of an issue, I retract my former comment - I did stop paying to use the site (although I still miss easy access to the family numbers). I can do siblings & offspring via equineline.com now, and the family numbers go missing so often that it is not worth paying for them.

Whirlaway
Grade III Winner

Postby Whirlaway » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:27 am

My post numbers are all the same. When I make a new post all previous posts show the same number.

The edit function does not display when I make an edit.

Thanks
Restriction of free thought and free speech is the most dangerous of all subversions. - William O. Douglas
~
It is the characteristic of the most stringent censorships, that they give credibility to the opinions they attack. - Voltaire

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:06 pm

Whirlaway wrote:My post numbers are all the same. When I make a new post all previous posts show the same number.

That is normal. The number indicates how many times a poster has contributed in total and updates in real-time. It does not number your posts sequentially.

The edit function does not display when I make an edit.

That's not normal. I'm seeing it just fine though....it may be an issue with your browser, check that your cache is clear & that you have the latest version of Java installed. That may or may not help, but it certainly can't hurt. ;)

docjocoy
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby docjocoy » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:25 pm

The female family numbers are gone again.

Darshaana
Suckling

pedigree Query is not keeping up to date...

Postby Darshaana » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:39 pm

The female family numbers have disappeared again for me too! I am trying to do matings and rely on them. I hope they come back soon and I hope someone is paying attention to these posts.

markmhere
Suckling

Family numbers

Postby markmhere » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:39 pm

What is the status on Family numbers ?

Darshaana
Suckling

Family numbers

Postby Darshaana » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:32 pm

They are still gone (Sat PM).

reese
Maiden Special Weight

Eblouissante

Postby reese » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:57 pm

Some stupid person entered Zenyatta as the DAM of this horse, Eblouissante :roll: on the pedigree site.

Bravo.

Some one corrected the entry to accurate pedigree.

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Postby Tappiano » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:28 am

Did they give Ruffian any offspring why they were at it?

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Postby Tappiano » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:03 pm

Sorry, the progeny database is temporarily unavailable. Please try again in ten minutes.

KBEquine
Grade III Winner

Postby KBEquine » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:39 am

. . . and the family numbers are gone, again.

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:46 pm

Anyone notice a pattern here?

Look at the last few posts saying the family numbers have vanished - all are dated the 21st of any given month.

I'm not a tech, but what little I do know about the script that updates the family numbers is this - 1) it runs once a month, and 2) it takes a long time to do its thing due to the sheer size of the database, and because it runs in the background to avoid taking the whole site offline.

That leads me to guess that the numbers are in the process of being updated right now, and will be available again in a few hours.

KBEquine
Grade III Winner

Postby KBEquine » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:51 pm

Lucy, you are brilliant (or else I'm oblivious - or maybe both). The site has been quirky today - being unavailable & then available, again.

The next time it happens, I'll check the date before posting!