F/T Sale

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Crystal
Freshman Sire

Postby Crystal » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:56 am

the inside sales ring was the only place to get any relief from the heat... until it poured around 4:30pm.. but it was still muggy as hell.

Didn't see anything that rocked my world. Wouldnt call many of them train wrecks, but def not the quality seen before (even from just last year).

Dispersal sale horses were quite nice. But it was a long sale day and I didnt stay very long.

Better numbers for those who bred to reasonably priced stallions or those who made smart pin-hook purchases in the fall.

IcouldbeU
Maiden Special Weight

Postby IcouldbeU » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:40 pm

We bought 2 and my partners and I were very happy with the prices. Just under our limit on both and worth every penny

Crystal
Freshman Sire

Postby Crystal » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:43 pm

pictures and pages please! So we may oogle your purchases :)

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:23 pm

Crystal wrote:pictures and pages please! So we may oogle your purchases :)

ditto :)

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Postby Tappiano » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:06 pm

I was there! If they were "perfect" they sold well, otherwise they did not sell for as much as some expected. I posted a picture of Lewis Michael over in the stallions sub forum here. There was a big fan that was between the outside and inside ring that seemed to catch the eye of almost every yearling because as they made their way around they almost all jumped right up in the air.

I really liked the Spring at Last colt and was sorry I missed the Nobiz yearling but after standing outside for a few hours I was ready to be indoors.

The dispersal horses were a bit weak on paper and most of the ones who were stakes winners were state bred (LA or TX). Had they waited for another time to sell they would have gotten buried way down. Seems most who sold well were bought for the foals at their side or in utero. I found many of their foals to be quite a bit smaller for their age having ONLY mine and a few others at the farm to compare them to. There were only a few really nice foals.