Fasig Tipton KY October Yearling Sale

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

madelyn

Fasig Tipton KY October Yearling Sale

Postby madelyn » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:34 pm

Following along very similar lines to the other yearling sales this year, F-T October is way down in sales entries - 1,007 vs 1,389 last year. I bit the bullet and am taking two - I got hips 372 and 569 so we sell on the 2nd day in the middle of the sale.

569 is a big bruiser of a colt, well mannered but very full of himself. He's a bright bay with a big star and two hind socks. He is fully 15.2h now with some room to grow.. 372 is a gorgeous elegant dark bay filly with that effortless kind of movement that makes galloping look like floating. She is only an inch shorter than her dam, who is 15.2h, and is really much more lovely than her dam. She will outrun her mother all day long (the dam made around $70K). We will be in barn 14 - maybe there will be some PQers who can stop by and say hi!
Last edited by madelyn on Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Georgerz
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Georgerz » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:16 pm

I wish you have the best results possible in this auction. You deserve to reap the benefits from all your hard work. Keep us posted.

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Postby Tappiano » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:49 pm

If I can manage to secure a contract position I am going to try to get out there... see my kids and check out the sales. If I do I will definitely drop by.

da hossman
Allowance Winner

Postby da hossman » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:10 am

#155 Bellamy Road was a beauty - big & scopey without being heavy-topped, with big rolling walk. Was an RNA at $95,000 but heard he may have been sold yesterday.

Bellamy Road/Red Sonnet was a complete fabrication of a sale - awful hind leg & hip, just nothing behind her and yet she shows as being sold in the ring for $165,000. Look at the connections and put the dots together; real value was less than $35,000. Ticket was signed by "Mr. Capital" - what a farce. I'm sure they will run a big ad.
A difference of opinion is what makes horse racing and missionaries.

Will Rogers

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:54 am

It was very hard work, fun in a way, met lots of nice people. Sadly, we didn't sell. But I DID lose five pounds!! :)

Lots of really nice horses selling way below stud fee. I ran into some old pals.. lots of horses with issues. One in my barn sold on Monday for $21K with sesamoiditis - fractured as a foal.. there seem to be a lot of partners buying each other out. I know some of the big numbers were not real sales at all.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:13 am

da hossman wrote:Bellamy Road/Red Sonnet was a complete fabrication of a sale - awful hind leg & hip, just nothing behind her and yet she shows as being sold in the ring for $165,000. Look at the connections and put the dots together; real value was less than $35,000. Ticket was signed by "Mr. Capital" - what a farce. I'm sure they will run a big ad.

I was standing at the rail of the inside walking ring when she sold. There were lots of puzzled looks out back as her price continued to climb. Also, what was going on with the update that was announced when she walked into the ring? Something about a full brother that was going to the BC? I made note of it in my book and looked it up later, couldn't find anything to substantiate the information.

Crystal
Freshman Sire

Postby Crystal » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:22 am

ticket was signed by M R Capital.. not Mr. Capital.. all I could find on M R Capital was an investment management company and a real este company.. However MR Performance Horses in Ocala does break babies for 2 year old sales. So who knows, but if the horse was a train wreck why bother..