Database malfunction

General discussions about the technical aspects of the site -- generating reports, reading reports, uploading information, forum techniques, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy

sarahsull21
Weanling

Database malfunction

Postby sarahsull21 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:05 am

Recently I have had several horses which could not be edited - when I went to the edit function, I was diverted to the main Pedigree Inquiry page. One example of this is the filly Takedda who I just added as a new horse. She shows up as an entry but cannot be edited.
"And he's all that."

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Re: Database malfunction

Postby Pan Zareta » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:00 am

sarahsull21 wrote:Recently I have had several horses which could not be edited - when I went to the edit function, I was diverted to the main Pedigree Inquiry page. One example of this is the filly Takedda who I just added as a new horse. She shows up as an entry but cannot be edited.

I don't even find an entry for her in the db here, or in Equineline. Was she named recently? Please post the pedigree here. Thx.

sarahsull21
Weanling

Database malfunction

Postby sarahsull21 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:48 am

the filly is takkeda (2009) sire Parade Ground, dam Classis Deb by Classic Go Go
"And he's all that."

sarahsull21
Weanling

database malfunction

Postby sarahsull21 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:49 am

that should be Classic Deb
"And he's all that."

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:56 pm

I can see her page, and was able to edit her info without difficulty:

http://www.pedigreequery.com/takkeda

sarahsull21
Weanling

database malfunction

Postby sarahsull21 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:43 am

I am still not able to edit her - diverts to home page. I can do others, but I have found this several times lately. I will let you know the next time.
"And he's all that."

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:35 pm

A couple things that *might* be the issue - first, make sure you have the latest version of Java installed. While I have not personally seen that effect as a result of my Java being out of date, I've seen it cause similar issues on other sites - and even if it doesn't help, it can't hurt. If you have not cleaned your browser cache lately, that may be another thing to try.

Another thing is that you must have cookies enabled to edit information. You usually get an error message when that is the case telling you what the problem is, but there could be something keeping that from showing up.