Family lost all in barn fire - Can you donate to help

Discuss horse welfare and rescue and horses in need of assistance.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, Diane

Mikki79
Maiden Special Weight

Family lost all in barn fire - Can you donate to help

Postby Mikki79 » Tue May 01, 2012 5:55 pm

Please share with all of your Friends and cross post this. If we each can donate ONE DOLLAR or more, the total will go a long way in helping this family rebuild.... One dollar plus a stamp is less than a bottle of soda!!!!

******CAN YOU SPARE A DOLLAR OR MORE******

Hello Facebook friends. This morning I was sadly notified that one of my friends, a sister in arms (combat veteran), and a true animal lover suffered a devastating loss in the early morning hours. Their family barn burnt down and will it all of their food supplies, tack, medicine, grooming supplies, and worse yet all of their animals that were in the barn at that time. They still have several other animals to care for... Many of us have never been through such a traumatic loss and MILESTONE EQUINE FARM wants to help out a fellow animal lover and friend. If you can offer any type of donation, feed, hay, halters, bridles, tack, brushes, or monetary please let me know.

Ways to Donate:

Paypal: [email protected]

You can snail mail to me @
Milestone Equine Farm
C/O Mikki Perkins
530 State Route 49
Coudersport PA, 16915

Please make any checks out to Maria Schafer

If I can get an event scheduled (my next few weekends are super busy) we will host a benefit trail ride for Maria and her family at our farm near the PA Grand Canyon. But they are in need now and anything you can offer will go a long way.

Items Needed so far (all update as I get more messages):
Senior Source
Probiotics (Powdered is Fine)
Gluco-Flex Pellets
BL Solution
Swat
Blankets: and 80/81 weatherbetta blanket
Horse sized fly mask with UVA/UVB protection
2 waterproof sheets
Blanket sizes:
75/76
80/81
They needs 2 waterproof sheets
one winter weight 78
one winter weight with full neck
3 light weight waterproof

Let's see what we can raise by FRIDAY MAY 4th, 2012 (Donations are of course welcome any time)..... I will gather everything together and take to Maria and her family on Saturday May 5th, 2012. Call me if you have any questions @ 814-203-0966. I'll talk to our local market today and set up an account so people can make a direct donation for feed. I also have Pay Pal for anyone who wants to make a donation that way. ONE HUNDRED PERCENT OF THE PROCEEDS WILL GO TO THIS FAMILY and i'm willing to foot the full cost for me driving 4 hours to deliver the donations to my friend and her family.

Lisann
Allowance Winner

Postby Lisann » Wed May 02, 2012 7:19 am

My heart goes out to this family on their loss.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Wed May 02, 2012 8:26 am

Very sad indeed. I hope they had insurance!
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Mikki79
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Mikki79 » Wed May 02, 2012 10:31 am

Insurance money is slow to be paid out (when my neighbor's house burnt the insurance company took over 2 months to pay out) and they still have animals to care for including 7 horses that thankfully were turned out at the time.

Dover is putting together a care package for them, as well as tractor supply is donating some supplies to help out. These are really good people who just own a small personal facility and they are always willing to help others out. I spoke with my friend and her dad was able to get some hay and grain for the immediate need will need more by this weekend.

I'm planning to take everything that is donated by Friday to them on Saturday and see if there is anything I can do to help out while I am there.